+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Wednesday PvP is both more fun and more frustrating

Champion of Telara

Default Wednesday PvP is both more fun and more frustrating

You get a lot better competition in WFs as people come out of the woodwork to do weeklies, but you also get tons of PvE heros doing the same thing. Some WFs are great battles between experienced and good payers, but other times you get stuck in a never ending cycle of being teamed with 19k Hit Point Pyros against pre mades full of raid buffed Myrmidons, cross healing, and linked Derplords.

I actually recalled out of a WF yesterday, something I almost never do. But it was a Dex run against an obviously good premade with a bunch of lowbies screaming at everyone to 'Get Dex, it's the most points!' After I got pain trained trying to get some other control points 3 times, I was like 'time to go do something else'.

At least it is interesting.

A lot of pm yesterday that's for sure , I solo q 99% of the time , try to get weeklies done during CQ has been my best experience cuz i am usually playing against same skill set pool of players , not yesterday was pm every game !

Champion of Telara

One new thing I saw yesterday was what appeared to be a full stealth PM; Bard, Phys, and three Sins.

I'm assuming you were solo queuing? Find people to queue with. If you can't control the map, you can at least have fun with friends doing whatever in the WF.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    I actually recalled out of a WF yesterday, something I almost never do. But it was a Dex run against an obviously good premade with a bunch of lowbies screaming at everyone to 'Get Dex, it's the most points!' After I got pain trained trying to get some other control points 3 times, I was like 'time to go do something else'.
    When I get a group like this I just stay away from the pack and go defend Vault or something similar. I get to enjoy some 1v1 battles and I don't delay the inevitable.

You get a lot better competition in WFs as people come out of the woodwork to do weeklies, but you also get tons of PvE heros doing the same thing. Some WFs are great battles between experienced and good payers, but other times you get stuck in a never ending cycle of being teamed with 19k Hit Point Pyros against pre mades full of raid buffed Myrmidons, cross healing, and linked Derplords.

At least it is interesting.
    Hence, going back to the old que in regards to premades, would be fun for everyone. I have heard premades are the majority, now. Time to revert, so everyone has some fun...lol
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Malidrag View Post
    When I get a group like this I just stay away from the pack and go defend Vault or something similar. I get to enjoy some 1v1 battles and I don't delay the inevitable.
    I usually do that too, but there was a group (probably a PM, but I don't know for sure) that were hitting control points extremely fast and target assisting. After I got jibbed a few times, I was like 'screw it'. But that is rare, usually I can still have fun and be effective in a WF with a bad team. Codex is especially fun for that since usually you can go around baiting solo stealthers for little mini duels.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    I'm assuming you were solo queuing? Find people to queue with. If you can't control the map, you can at least have fun with friends doing whatever in the WF.
    You know, I usually do lurk the HK channel but I never really engage people looking to form groups. A steady premade would be fun, it would be like my old 8v8 days in DAoC.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    Hence, going back to the old que in regards to premades, would be fun for everyone. I have heard premades are the majority, now. Time to revert, so everyone has some fun...lol
    There are a lot of PMs that don't really function and work together like PMs. It's just people that want to group up and socialize. So PM is a loose term at the moment.

Also, PMs are much easier to beat now with the increase in PUG healers. You still need PUGs that are capable of focusing and DPSing. Not always the case...

Rift Disciple

You get a lot better competition in WFs as people come out of the woodwork to do weeklies, but you also get tons of PvE heros doing the same thing.
    Why is it that there are so many instances of person x calling players who focus on some other aspect of the game (call it y), but occasionally dabble in x's favorite game mode, "y heroes"? This doesn't really add anything to the statement...you could simply say "y players".

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by kamisaibou View Post
    Why is it that there are so many instances of person x calling players who focus on some other aspect of the game (call it y), but occasionally dabble in x's favorite game mode, "y heroes"? This doesn't really add anything to the statement...you could simply say "y players".
    "y *****" sounds better.

ex: "lol at these arena ***** trying to wpvp"

Edit: seriouly? ***** is being censored? i don't even
    Last edited by Lothi; 06-06-2014 at 01:58 PM.

You know, I usually do lurk the HK channel but I never really engage people looking to form groups. A steady premade would be fun, it would be like my old 8v8 days in DAoC.
    Should find the same group to pvp with all the time. Then you can do drunk PVP nights. Like tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Should find the same group to pvp with all the time. Then you can do drunk PVP nights. Like tonight...
    Drunk pvp is for every night.

its too bad premade players in rift don't want to fight other premades and we are stuck with the current system. but hello kitty and similar guilds would never win so I guess this is what we must settle for
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 06-06-2014 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    its too bad premade players in rift don't want to fight other premades and we are stuck with the current system. but hello kitty and similar guilds would never win so I guess this is what we must settle for
    It's too bad team Rottweiler wont make a PM of their own and Que, or play in PvP tournaments; probably because Techfall knows this is what will happen.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Moirg; 06-07-2014 at 12:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast