+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 136
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Further adjustments needed to Physicians....even after the latest patch

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    202

    Default Further adjustments needed to Physicians....even after the latest patch

    Takes at least 5 to 7 pug dps players to bring down a single physician. Their unlimited energy resources combined with innate 1 second gcd are primary causes for this imbalance.


    One solution that can correct this is by doubling the energy cost of all their healing abilities.


    This change would be the least disruptive to their other souls and allow for some skill to be introduce to a soul devoided of anything even remotely, to be consider challenging.





    -Delhetorve

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser Pocketzoar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Still? Or is this a 99% of rogues are *** post.
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Elitizt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    119

    Default

    I just got the physician soul today... have no clue how to properly play it plus my gear is garbage, and I am BEASTING through level 20 bracket warfronts. i've played like 5 warfronts and I have been top heals everytime by a LANDSLIDE. I'm outhealing so much that my numbers are like 2-3 healers. It's pretty insane. OP is an understatement, this feels like cheating almost. /godmode
    I can't speak for high level pvp, but low level it's mindblowing how big of an edge I have just because I purchased a new soul.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Lords0fpain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elitizt View Post
    I just got the physician soul today... have no clue how to properly play it plus my gear is garbage, and I am BEASTING through level 20 bracket warfronts. i've played like 5 warfronts and I have been top heals everytime by a LANDSLIDE. I'm outhealing so much that my numbers are like 2-3 healers. It's pretty insane. OP is an understatement, this feels like cheating almost. /godmode
    I can't speak for high level pvp, but low level it's mindblowing how big of an edge I have just because I purchased a new soul.
    And that is why, they are for sale....lol. rather have dropped the same money for the expansion and everyone gets the souls. This is part of the reason more and more ppl are feeling P2W is what F2P really means...
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

    ~Daglar

  5. #5
    Champion of Telara Aveleys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elitizt View Post
    I just got the physician soul today... have no clue how to properly play it plus my gear is garbage, and I am BEASTING through level 20 bracket warfronts. i've played like 5 warfronts and I have been top heals everytime by a LANDSLIDE. I'm outhealing so much that my numbers are like 2-3 healers. It's pretty insane. OP is an understatement, this feels like cheating almost. /godmode
    I can't speak for high level pvp, but low level it's mindblowing how big of an edge I have just because I purchased a new soul.
    You must be really pro, so who are you?

  6. #6
    General of Telara Nemrud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    And that is why, they are for sale....lol. rather have dropped the same money for the expansion and everyone gets the souls. This is part of the reason more and more ppl are feeling P2W is what F2P really means...
    Yet I'm really having hard time to understand why Liberator, Arbiter & Oracle got the shaft but Physician got forever immortal status for the same price?
    Nemrud@Zaviel Imperium
    The dwarf your momma warned you about.

  7. #7
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrud View Post
    Yet I'm really having hard time to understand why Liberator, Arbiter & Oracle got the shaft but Physician got forever immortal status for the same price?
    Rogues,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Elitizt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    You must be really pro, so who are you?
    I know you're being a toxic troll, but I'll feed you.
    The thing is, I'm not a pro at rift BY ANY MEANS. I'm about as casual as you can get. I was a serious and top tier player PVE and PVPwise on WoW, but after years of playing it, it got stale. I took my polished skillset from there and apply it here. I'm not established on this game by any means, (not sure why that even matters, as if "having a name automatically ups my gear to T3 somehow). Anyway the point is, I can put up BROKEN numbers easily and consistently. I have screenshots all day to back it up.

    edit* I don't think I should be capable of putting up these huge numbers, given my gear and undeveloped rift prowess.
    Last edited by Elitizt; 06-04-2014 at 03:55 PM.

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    Just delete Physician and give us a copy of Sentinel or Puri with mana, same gcd etc and the only difference being scaling with AP instead of SP. Good players will still turn the match around and bad players will still cry, because amount of healers compared to the amount of dps will still be too high.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

  10. #10
    General of Telara Nemrud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elitizt View Post
    I know you're being a toxic troll, but I'll feed you.
    The thing is, I'm not a pro at rift BY ANY MEANS. I'm about as casual as you can get. I was a serious and top tier player PVE and PVPwise on WoW, but after years of playing it, it got stale. I took my polished skillset from there and apply it here. I'm not established on this game by any means, (not sure why that even matters, as if "having a name automatically ups my gear to T3 somehow). Anyway the point is, I can put up BROKEN numbers easily and consistently. I have screenshots all day to back it up.

    edit* I don't think I should be capable of putting up these huge numbers, given my gear and undeveloped rift prowess.
    You summarized what is wrong with Physician perfectly. Unlike any other soul, you do not need anything to play one & win. One hotkey & one finger works just fine. Regardless of gear, build, macros, timing, skill or anything, they survive. They're insanely overpowered.

    I tried Physician on my rogue as well to see what the hype is about. You instantly become immortal. Feels like you used god mode code in a single player game. Nothing can touch you & you can do whatever you want, including running a full map with 4-5 DPS pounding on you & completing the objective.
    Nemrud@Zaviel Imperium
    The dwarf your momma warned you about.

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser Rahak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    394

    Default

    it's like swtor all over again
    we'll end up finding some reason to nerf scoundrel, err, physician every patch until the end
    Last edited by Rahak; 06-04-2014 at 04:11 PM.
    stormhak stormbar stormkvinde kagestorm stormelver

  12. #12
    General of Telara Nemrud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Rogues,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    TBH give me an atomic bomb backstabber like Classic EQ's & I'll never go back to warrior again! But Rift rogues are, um, meh, not for me. They're light armor warriors minus the limited stealth. Prolly core of every problem they cause is that design flaw.
    Nemrud@Zaviel Imperium
    The dwarf your momma warned you about.

  13. #13
    General of Telara Dahliablood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    979

    Default

    Remember when Nuku and Thiuss made those crying threads asking for rogues to be buffed because they weren't good enough and they were severely under powered?





    This is the result.
    Awesome game. #1 PvP.

  14. #14
    General of Telara Nemrud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dahliablood View Post
    Remember when Nuku and Thiuss made those crying threads asking for rogues to be buffed because they weren't good enough and they were severely under powered?

    This is the result.
    I saw someone's post few hours ago, claiming Physicians were already underpowered & the upcoming fix will make their situation worse. FotM fanatics are both sad & funny.

    Maybe if Trion sold god mode weapons & gears like WoW private servers? Say, a 12.000 DPS dagger for 200 USDs? Would they be happy?
    Nemrud@Zaviel Imperium
    The dwarf your momma warned you about.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple Elitizt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrud View Post
    You summarized what is wrong with Physician perfectly. Unlike any other soul, you do not need anything to play one & win. One hotkey & one finger works just fine. Regardless of gear, build, macros, timing, skill or anything, they survive. They're insanely overpowered.

    I tried Physician on my rogue as well to see what the hype is about. You instantly become immortal. Feels like you used god mode code in a single player game. Nothing can touch you & you can do whatever you want, including running a full map with 4-5 DPS pounding on you & completing the objective.
    I'm competent at PVP. I always keep the objective at highest priority, I kite, I cleanse, I CC, I peel,etc. I am by NO means anything special, I just try to do my best to honor the golden rules of PVP. The sheer amount of enemy force it takes to kill me is ridiculous, Yes there should be more debilitates and CC used on me, but I'm still crushing numbers/boards. At level 23 with a mix of junk gear I nearly cleared 90k in heals at 'dex. Honestly I wasn't even "Going Hard", I could probably have gotten some even better numbers if I followed the momentum of the action on the field. This seems a bit imbalanced to me. I can't even imagine being nicely geared and running with a competent group in Ventrilo/teamspeak/Raidcall/Skype.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Further adjustments needed to Physicians....even after the latest patch-2014-06-04_191344.jpg  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts