+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 50-54 Wafront warriors

Rift Disciple

Default 50-54 Wafront warriors

Is there a really strong build in the 50-54 bracket for warriors? I am playing a rogue marksman and its a lot of fun; but there are some warriors that get like 20-40 kills per game regularly. They do great burst but can also take a lot of damage and have sustain.

Is it just really good gear, or is there a particularly strong warrior build in that bracket?

Quote Originally Posted by Yassha View Post
    Is there a really strong build in the 50-54 bracket for warriors? I am playing a rogue marksman and its a lot of fun; but there are some warriors that get like 20-40 kills per game regularly. They do great burst but can also take a lot of damage and have sustain.

Is it just really good gear, or is there a particularly strong warrior build in that bracket?
    It is probably a combination of things.

Its his/her alt and they have a ton of PA (thus also a little more WF experience)
    could have a pocket healer
    rolling with guildies

Those things pop in my mind first. I can't remember if Vengence/Valor kicks in at 50 or not, but if so, then gear will make a difference. Plus, warrior has a couple of strong builds, they can really do well in ST damage.

Any of those things plus just a good player can make a world of difference in early brackets.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

Plane Touched

I can't tell if this is a troll post or not.

If it's not then the answer is obviously Warlord. It's about as difficult to play a Warlord as it is to play Tic Tac Toe. Warlords also have a ton of mitigation, HP, and substantial DPS despite all of the survivability and utility. A lot of warriors might come on this thread and try to say otherwise but they're just worried about it getting nerfed because they don't have a lot of build options.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindrix View Post
    -snip- A lot of warriors might come on this thread and try to say otherwise -snip-.
    I doubt that very much. It's piss easy, and fun to boot, when I am sick of playing my mage and cleric. Or I should say was, since WFs kind of suck right now.
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Flair View Post
    I doubt that very much. It's piss easy, and fun to boot, when I am sick of playing my mage and cleric. Or I should say was, since WFs kind of suck right now.
    Oh, I'll agree with the fun part as I do the same thing yet I barely play my mage anymore. The only thing better than a Warlord is beating them(and everybody else) as a Warlord/Pally. It's just lols all over watching the fotms die to a better spinoff of the fotm. It's less effective against casters but we all know there's a lot less of those nowadays.

Rift Disciple

Thanks for the replies guys, the person I am thinking of definitely uses warlord and maybe a little in tempest for the ranged finisher. Seems to be able to run into a pack of players and just survive while doing awesome damage. Obviously even more powerful when he/she has a healer backup, but is strong even without one.

I have been away from Rift for a long time so there are a lot of little things I have to catch up on- I am not trying to troll. My low level warrior(s) aren't powerful like this (my dps cleric seems way stronger at lower levels- and I don't have the new souls yet).

I love that warrior playstyle of being able to charge in and wreak havoc- especially with a healer at your back its an awesome feeling.

Well its defo not WL. 51 para 2 temp rest WL. SB+Tranq+DT hits for bout 80-100% hp on any scrub that is unfortunate to get targeted. They have 10-12k hp at best and u hit for ~3k on crit. 4 piece + crystal means ~18k hp with points in WL to get Thick of battle, this means u barely take any dmg and with killing spree up all the time u crit for some lolworthy numbers. Plus u get 4 sec stun and debiliate in one package.

Also paratemp is fun. every 15 sec something under 12k hp dies in 2 gcd's.

Been going thru 50-54 bracket a couple weeks back on a toon and 30-40 kills per wf is regular thing.

Ascendant

I can't tell if this is a troll post or not.

If it's not then the answer is obviously Warlord. It's about as difficult to play a Warlord as it is to play Tic Tac Toe. Warlords also have a ton of mitigation, HP, and substantial DPS despite all of the survivability and utility. A lot of warriors might come on this thread and try to say otherwise but they're just worried about it getting nerfed because they don't have a lot of build options.
    I was hit on my rogue for 6.4k by a wl using decisive strike. Thats not even KOTH or KF. For a hybrid thats awfully powerful single hits, and as mentioned just one of them and im not including ogcd hits like piercing thrust or backhand.

Having a r90 the issue im seeing is you either go para glass canon or wl, and while wl doesnt quite have the burst para does its close and some of it aoe. Wl is a ton tankier with more utility so unless you have great heals wl is currently the all in all pvp spec. I mean even tanks should really be wl with 15 pally to get the most out of everything. Wl has become silly with crit stacking and inherently high crit %, but there are no other viable options.

Trion needs to adjust the other warrior dps.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 06-05-2014 at 03:22 AM.

Plane Touched

Thanks for the replies guys, the person I am thinking of definitely uses warlord and maybe a little in tempest for the ranged finisher. Seems to be able to run into a pack of players and just survive while doing awesome damage. Obviously even more powerful when he/she has a healer backup, but is strong even without one.

I have been away from Rift for a long time so there are a lot of little things I have to catch up on- I am not trying to troll. My low level warrior(s) aren't powerful like this (my dps cleric seems way stronger at lower levels- and I don't have the new souls yet).

I love that warrior playstyle of being able to charge in and wreak havoc- especially with a healer at your back its an awesome feeling.
    Just make a Warlord. You can't go wrong and you'll probably enjoy it. The only negative is that you might feel guilty for playing a faceroll soul because it's so easy and OP.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    I was hit on my rogue for 6.4k by a wl using decisive strike.
    That isn't much. I have endured much more punishment from Warlords.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Mak View Post
    Psst. You aren't supposed to play a mage in PvP. Trion says so.

Or, if you do, it can only be a Dom or Pyro...and NEVER under any circumstances get attacked.

Psst. You aren't supposed to play a mage in PvP. Trion says so.

Or, if you do, it can only be a Dom or Pyro...and NEVER under any circumstances get attacked.
    What a ****ty post this is. Mage is completely viable AND deadly in PvP. You do have to be nimble though.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Flair View Post
    What a ****ty post this is. Mage is completely viable AND deadly in PvP. You do have to be nimble though.
    Not the ones that feed my Warlord favor.

Not the ones that feed my Warlord favor.
    To get this thread back on track, we are talking about 50-54 warfronts aren't we? Mages can **** on warriors in this level bracket. All I am saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Mak View Post
    Please read the thread title and reconsider your submission.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast