+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 50-54 Wafront warriors

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Flair View Post
    To get this thread back on track, we are talking about 50-54 warfronts aren't we? Mages can **** on warriors in this level bracket. All I am saying.
    Maybe you haven't played this bracket in awhile. I'm specifically talking about Warlords owning mages in this bracket and the 55-59. Mages don't pose much of a threat outside of the occasional pyro that might be ignored on the opposing team. Either way all mages die fairly quickly to Warlords and rogues in the 50s and they aren't much competition.

The whole pyro OP thing stops by the 50s. Pyro is still OP in the 40s but it ends there and they become cannon fodder in the 50s with the rest of the mage souls. Doms are a bit useful but are just as squishy.
    Last edited by Zindrix; 06-05-2014 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindrix View Post
    Maybe you haven't played this bracket in awhile. I'm specifically talking about Warlords owning mages in this bracket and the 55-59. Mages don't pose much of a threat outside of the occasional pyro that might be ignored on the opposing team. Either way all mages die fairly quickly to Warlords and rogues in the 50s and they aren't much competition.

The whole pyro OP thing stops by the 50s. Pyro is still OP in the 40s but it ends there and they become cannon fodder in the 50s with the rest of the mage souls. Doms are a bit useful but are just as squishy.
    If you say so, really doesn't matter in the big picture anyway, I suppose.
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

Plane Touched

If you say so, really doesn't matter in the big picture anyway, I suppose.
    For most people yeah, it's just another passing bracket on the way to 60. For me I enjoy the 50 brackets so I spend the most time there because I believe they're the best balanced and there's not an unending chase for max gear in these brackets. I've already rerolled one of my 60s to get him to the 50s again.

For most people yeah, it's just another passing bracket on the way to 60. For me I enjoy the 50 brackets so I spend the most time there because I believe they're the best balanced and there's not an unending chase for max gear in these brackets. I've already rerolled one of my 60s to get him to the 50s again.
    You call the 50's the best balanced yet you admit that warlord rolls over everything and pyro is a close second? That is "balanced" to you?

Plane Touched

You call the 50's the best balanced yet you admit that warlord rolls over everything and pyro is a close second? That is "balanced" to you?
    Exactly right...Warlords faceroll everything but there are fewer Assassins for whatever reason. I do play some in the 60s too but it's about the same minus the gear imbalance. I would say mages are slightly better off in the 50s but pyro certainly isn't a close second to Warlord. Keep in mind this is "Trion balance".

Exactly right...Warlords faceroll everything but there are fewer Assassins for whatever reason. I do play some in the 60s too but it's about the same minus the gear imbalance. I would say mages are slightly better off in the 50s but pyro certainly isn't a close second to Warlord. Keep in mind this is "Trion balance".
    I think you just seem bewildered, but glad you like your WL enough to **** and be happy. Go you?

Plane Touched

I think you just seem bewildered, but glad you like your WL enough to **** and be happy. Go you?
    To spell it out for you, all of the brackets are effed in some way and Trion's version of class balance is ****. There will always be fotm though, and in my opinion the best balance Trion has to offer is in the 50s.

Yesterday I dusted off an ancient lvl 50 alt and decided to grind my 7 dailies. That took 16 matches sadly due to horrible match balance, but one thing I noticed was how consistently warriors were pulling 3x the dps and KBs of any other dps in warfronts regardless of map or team composition.

300k was the norm for warriors, while solo dps of other classes barely broke 90k. Shifting blades especially hurt at 2k a pop with decent gear and valor on. I wouldn't be annoyed if it was just an exceptional player being pocketed but pretty much any dps focused warrior was highly dominant with what seems like little to no effort while I have to juggle ranged, melee, silences, and sleep just to scrape by. It's a tad silly they have such high survivability, mobility, and damage regardless of who's getting heals but luckily there were only 1 or 2 per match making pvp a chore rather than not worth participating in like when healing was nuts last week.

Still.. with the state of warriors in the 50s I won't be bothering with any other class unless its just to do a daily from here on out, and it is time to dust off my own warrior to reap some of that sweet OP'dness.
    Last edited by Wing man; 06-07-2014 at 01:51 PM.

Telaran

Please read the thread title and reconsider your submission.
    I was replying to another reply and not to the OP. Also i don't think he meant he got hit for 6.4k in the 50-54 bracket, that would be pretty devastating if it's true.

Pyro does lose a lot of power after its transition to level 50. The sudden increase in HP at level 50 is the major culprit for this damage loss. However it still regains some of it's lost power at level 53, at which point you have access to Fusillade.

A Prime>Fusillade>Fulminate combo can take out 70% of a Squishy target's HP if one of them crits. When followed by flamebolt and inferno you can kill at least 1 enemy every 45 seconds.
    With 11 points in stormcaller, you can get a spammable 50% speed boost spell which will turn you into a mobile assassin. Of course this is only true till level 59. The level 60 is where the real "Downfall" starts.

I might be wrong though because i spent my 50-54 and 55-59 warfront brackets in the "tempest era" as opposed to the "warlord era" currently taking place.

Psst. You aren't supposed to play a mage in PvP. Trion says so.

Or, if you do, it can only be a Dom or Pyro...and NEVER under any circumstances get attacked.
    I have quit my mage a few weeks back and now I'm currently leveling a rogue. Even when i did play it, i did no more warfronts than to get my weeklies and random warfronts done. It more or less felt like a chore to play a level 60 mage in PVP.
    Last edited by Deadly Mak; 06-10-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Mak View Post
    It more or less felt like a chore to play a level 60 mage in PVP.
    That quote pretty much sums it all up for lvl 60 mages. Like purposefully playing with a handicap.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2