+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Whats your opinion on that no immunity charge roots?

Default Whats your opinion on that no immunity charge roots?

Like them or hate them?

Personally I hate it. Especially on abilities that people just spam in macros anyway. There are some matches where I can't even move, and all know how no immunity on CC simply destroys good gameplay.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Like them or hate them?

Personally I hate it. Especially on abilities that people just spam in macros anyway. There are some matches where I can't even move, and all know how no immunity on CC simply destroys good gameplay.
    Debilitating poison is a major problem
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Debilitating poison is a major problem
    Well yeah we all know that.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Well yeah we all know that.
    Pardon, hit enter and it triggered submit reply.
    I was saying that Debilitatig is a problem because of the passive behavior and non-CD.

As a result, other root/snares tend to be low CD to compare to it.
    Best bet is to nerf the ever living god out of DP, and then slap 30s cooldowns on other roots/snares as well.

Or re-institute DR.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Ascendant

We could get rid of the immunity on charge roots if....

They fixed roots. I mean a warrior charge roots for 1.5 seconds, and a pyro roots for 8. How long is the MM one?

In other words being a warrior and getting rooted for 2-3 seconds...ok i can see that. Getting rooted for 8 seconds since you are melee? Kind of crazy with only one BF. Those souls can reset as well and do it again.

Hence why they created the immunity on a charge. The crazy root times need to get cut in half and then you can get rid of root immunity charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post

They fixed roots. I mean a warrior charge roots for 1.5 seconds, and a pyro roots for 8. How long is the MM one?

In other words being a warrior and getting rooted for 2-3 seconds...ok i can see that. Getting rooted for 8 seconds since you are melee? Kind of crazy with only one BF. Those souls can reset as well and do it again.

Hence why they created the immunity on a charge. The crazy root times need to get cut in half and then you can get rid of root immunity charges.
    yeah sometimes as a warrior I will be rooted in front line from 3/4 health to dead without being able to move. Seems like 10 seconds ...is that possible?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by RainDogs View Post
    yeah sometimes as a warrior I will be rooted in front line from 3/4 health to dead without being able to move. Seems like 10 seconds ...is that possible?
    Ive had the same happen.

Thunderous leap away if you can when stuck rooted. Its small, but sometimes lets you get closer to heals and/or out of ranged and melee dsmage for a few seconds.

Roots i beleive are on there own DR

It is needed because the physics engine in Rift is not very good, and the best bandaid you can do without actually prying into altering the pure physics of the game themselves is to have the target typically take a 1.5s root upon a charge. In the thicket of things, yeah, it is annoying. But in reality, without that root happening, lots of charges are worthless. And charges can be extremely crucial for a melee when it works properly and connects you to the target.

Dunno, I always just saw it as a work around to a poor physics engine. It works good enough imo. If you have something that gives out-right immunity, like On The Double (with extra point spent), you will still be immune to the charge roots. Just merely not stopped by the DR timer, still stoppable though. Like it won't root me if Dancing Steel is up.

It's annoying at times, but for the pure shoes of playing certain melee souls, it's crucial at moments to increase their performance. And the intention of a charge should be to connect so, improving its ability to connect without creating too much of a nuisance I think is a fine direction. I don't think it's an absurd mechanic. At least roots don't disable you at all, just from moving.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

The 8 second root can be cleansed and belongs to the squishiest class.

No other roots can be cleansed, but I'll support reducing the CD if all roots can be cleansed and Pyro receives a large buff to its survivability.

WL has an additional BF from movement impairing effects, but I'm not surprised that heavy macro users haven't noticed.

LOL Warriors.

Plane Touched

When 4 warriors take turns in charging you, you will be stood in place until your dead no matter what happends. And since pretty much everyone and their mother are Warlord these days, thats 3 charges on different cooldown (4 is possible) / per warrior. so 4 x 1.5 x 4 = 22 seconds root. GG
    Flukeyy
    <Deep And Dry>

Quote Originally Posted by Snusdosan View Post
    When 4 warriors take turns in charging you, you will be stood in place until your dead no matter what happends. And since pretty much everyone and their mother are Warlord these days, thats 3 charges on different cooldown (4 is possible) / per warrior. so 4 x 1.5 x 4 = 22 seconds root. GG
    This is the only part I hate. It serves great justice to individual player performance, but it can turn out corny as hell if you happen to get lots of melee running around. Like I imagine if there are 3 sins on the prowl, heaven forbid they are all targetting the same person, if they don't die fast they'll be rooted non stop. But I still would stand by what I post. I guess at the end of the day, I will write it off as saying the pros outweigh the cons. Yeah, what you wrote sometimes sort of happens, but I will take that over my assassin having an ability intended to connect me and failing most of the time. When leaping plunge first came out, it was so garbage it was nearly laughable. Literally, the animation made it quite humorous. This epic heroic charge so far away from the enemy.

I'm not a fan of hard CC though so I can deal with this. I get CC that doesn't disable you, it's the stuns, squirrels, mezzes, debilitates that annoy me. I really wish there was a route to give people protective measures or windows of greater opportunity against enemies without having to cause the equivalence of your enemy taking their hands off the controls. I just shake my head as a healer when I have no break free, and I die because none of my buttons work for 5 seconds. Dumb. I wouldn't have died if I could hit my buttons. So much skill! So, least be glad stuff like that isn't going off the DR, and...glad they fixed debilitate. Because that basically was what I just described pre-fix to it >.>
    Last edited by Violacea; 05-26-2014 at 05:13 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

The crazy root times can be cut in half when Grasp the Horizon doesn't exist, poisons don't proc on ranged weapon attacks, pulls aren't 0pt abilities, Thick of Battle is gone, and charges aren't 30m range.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 05-26-2014 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RainDogs View Post
    As a warrior I spend half of my Black Garden time in that position.
    49k HP full. Root. 3k left. Root. 30 seconds to respawn.
    It renders all the melee useless.
    There's a certain group or players (or shall I say bots?) which use it very effectively. They move like they are being controlled by one person, cast at the same time, walk at the same time. They root, AoE, root, AoE, profit. Needless to say all are caster classes, no melee.
    Nemrud@Zaviel Imperium
    The dwarf your momma warned you about.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemrud View Post
    As a warrior I spend half of my Black Garden time in that position.
    49k HP full. Root. 3k left. Root. 30 seconds to respawn.
    It renders all the melee useless.
    There's a certain group or players (or shall I say bots?) which use it very effectively. They move like they are being controlled by one person, cast at the same time, walk at the same time. They root, AoE, root, AoE, profit. Needless to say all are caster classes, no melee.
    You realise that it's only melee that can root people without DR, right?

Soulwalker

if anything should be looked at is deminishing return to knockbacks

easy way to fix multiple warriors charge locking you, whould just to make a "charge root deminishing returns" category. that way u dont have the issue with the chain root of multiple ppl char rooting your face for 20+ seconds(witch should never happen). just to be clear ALL charge roots on same diminishing return not just warriros

pyro root should be 4 seconds and uncleansble and break on dmg

static shot should be 1.5 second root . its a ranged root ability that can be cast on the run it dosent need to last longer then that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast