+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kronos v
  • 1 Post By Zetsuu

Thread: PvP Greater Essence

Soulwalker

Default PvP Greater Essence

Dosent Greater Essence like Flourishing Faesource and Consuming Faesource work in pvp anymore ?

pve greater essences get bolstered to pvp lesser essences. so no, the old pve greaters do not work in pvp.
    there are newer pvp greaters to be found in RNG chests (depleted supply crates) that will work.
    simple rule: if the essence doesn't have valor on it, it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    pve greater essences get bolstered to pvp lesser essences. so no, the old pve greaters do not work in pvp.
    there are newer pvp greaters to be found in RNG chests (depleted supply crates) that will work.
    simple rule: if the essence doesn't have valor on it, it doesn't work.
    Ah good call, somebody else told me this too. Somehow I had it in my head that greaters in general were allowed to over-ride bolstering - akin to trinkets and seals.

But then again, I guess if I was right I'd have seen way more complaining on the forums with how good some of the PvE greaters are in comparison to PvP greaters.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Unless it has changed this is how bolstering works...

"Rift Bolstering for PvP

Each slot is compared against the lowest set of PVP gear available.

If your gear is less powerful its stats will be replaced.

If the gear you have equipped lacks Valor and is more powerful its stats will be replaced.

Procs and Runes have no effect if they are replaced.

Synergy Crystal Bonuses use your equipped items to determine which bonuses are applied.

Synergy Crystals, Greater Essences, Trinkets and Seals are excluded from Bolstering."
    Last edited by Baramos; 05-27-2014 at 02:57 AM.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Ascendant

PvE essences are bolstered, it's very easy to check.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

I'd really like a screenshot that shows a greater proc in a warfront or cq to confirm that, Baramos.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Rift Disciple

The GE are bolstered 100%. I know because I just wasted 80p on one and then I noticed it getting bolstered. Just check next time you go to a WF/CQ

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    I'd really like a screenshot that shows a greater proc in a warfront or cq to confirm that, Baramos.
    Yeah, I have no clue if that is how it is I am just copy and pasting the initial information that was given to us. It might have been wrong info in the first place or changed at some point.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Yea that was from back in 1.11 (which is basically Storm Legion prep) where they made a whole heap of changes. [ref]

Haven't noticed any patch notes stating otherwise after that one - but clearly just from testing it out just then in a WF with my PvE Sigil+Essences equipped, it stated that my Greater was replaced via bolstering and I didn't see the proc go off once throughout the entire WF.

Isn`t this is the part where Daglar suppose to show up and clear this ?

Oh wait .. i forgot its Unicornalia event week !!
    I keel Em Too Fast !

+ Reply to Thread