+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: So what is it.

Telaran

Default So what is it.

Let's settle this once and for all.
    Is it warriors, rogues or clerics that are OP in wfs? The front page is just screeds of warrior/rogue face off with fortress clerics being brought up when pocket/battle support/healing is brought up. What is it about warriors/rogues that rustles people's jimmies?

Mages need not apply as it seems you are either balanced or facing bads when you are winning apparently.

I am OP in wf's. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    lol everyone knows it because you say it in almost every thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logosloki View Post
    Is it warriors, rogues or clerics that are OP in wfs? The front page is just screeds of warrior/rogue face off with fortress clerics being brought up when pocket/battle support/healing is brought up. What is it about warriors/rogues that rustles people's jimmies?

Mages need not apply as it seems you are either balanced or facing bads when you are winning apparently.
    Trion just can't balance for **** so get used to it.

Warriors are only having a face off as you say because of warlord. They need to make warlord that strong because with so many options available; who would want to play close combat in this close combat friendly game.

Clerics are alright for me, although you could argue the damage interception and cross healing in general is to op in this game. In particular since many abilities overlap that serve the same purpose, where there are so many different soul abilities from different souls.

Rogues are the class a lot of people are complaining about at the moment. It is a funny class that has a class can just about have it all. Personally I do not think things are acceptable at the moment and things would be hard to be fairly balanced unless there were 2 dps/support/tank/heal for each class in pvp (an even number).
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Clerics used to be the uber healers until rogues all became doctors, defiler is still good and OP at times. Cabalist got a big buff lately. Inq and shaman will melt faces in PVP.

Warriors. Well that's all I have to say, warriors.

Mages, hrmmm, I dusted off my chloro last night, I felt out of sorts considering rogues were doing twice the healing. A competent dominator can change the course of an entire warfront. Pyro is still viable, some people play hybrids and do alright.

Rogues, tons of new rogue healers, ranger got a nice buff lately and will yield you lots of KB's if you never get hit by a warrior. Assassin, still stealthy and wimps use slip-away when they have 12 HP left. Ask around for the FOTM hybrid rogue spec, it's one class that does good with a hybrid in PVP.

So there you have it, take it for what it's worth from the view of a healer (although I've been trying out DPS lately).
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

Competent players are op as ****

trion nurf pl0x

Rift Chaser

Don't bother creating new thread Hoping the DEVs will nerf it, PLEASE. We all know... Rogue is their fav class, no nerf will be given to them. If u are not happy with it, 2 options for u. 1. Reroll as rogue. 2. Quit the game. If u can't beat them, join them.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by polarshift View Post
    Don't bother creating new thread Hoping the DEVs will nerf it, PLEASE. We all know... Rogue is their fav class, no nerf will be given to them. If u are not happy with it, 2 options for u. 1. Reroll as rogue. 2. Quit the game. If u can't beat them, join them.
    I play pyrochon and chloro since support and heals are nice in a wf, my chloro is getting better but I need to really read some guides. I wish I could pvp dom but I usually make poor positioning decisions and then just get collapsed on. I see you are part of the pro-rogue camp, but I've seen plenty of threads on warlord and just clerics (though they have quietened down in favour of physician). This thread is more pointing out the fact that y'all can't decide.

I'll just go back to /popcorn now.

I do know that I made popcorn once, it caught on fire and the smoke alarm went off. Everyone had to run out of their flats into the rain. We saw a turkey die in the rain or was it Mrs. Hamilton? I can't recall right now however the fire department men were angry at the turkey and threatened to keep it in the dog house with the lizards.

Saia is my creator and my everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    Liked you better when you were a combination of the legendary Saia and the magical Jupiterjini. Sweetzerenity brings you down.

You used to to cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    Newguy--ABL leader 2013

Plane Walker

Easy... Warlord hybrids and Defilers.

Paralords - Able to do as much ST damage as any other DPS in the warfront while having 10-15k more health, one more self heal that most DPS classes, higher resistances, higher mitigation, and reduced ranged damage taken. They're just a bad joke when talking about PvP balance.

How do you beat a Paralord? Best answer is you sacrifice your Dominator to stop them from DPSing. (Because the Dominator doesn't have healers to deal with... ) They won't die until you have killed all of their healers or they overextend.

Defilers - I like this post quoted below breaking it down. I still can't believe god mode on a one minute CD is okay in PvP. A single backup healer is all they require to live an entire match. If all other things are equal the team with the good Defiler will always win.

How do you beat a Defiler? Best answer is to sacrifice a DPS to become purge bot on them. They won't die but at least you have a chance at killing their priority link targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Stirby
    1. Best HOT in the entire game (and no cooldown)
    2. Able to full heal (or almost) a player in a single GCD every 15 seconds
    3. Able to full heal (or almost) a player in two GCDs whenever you have the mana
    4. Make a player immune to damage once a minute, including full healing them if they are attacked (which they almost always are, although it IS disappointing when you gremlin someone and everyone switches targets)
    5. Don't need to stop to regen mana
    6. 100% uninterruptible
    7. AOE healing through Explosive + Feedback

Bad players that click and keyboard turn/backpedal make good players overpowered, /thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Rift Chaser

I play pyrochon and chloro since support and heals are nice in a wf, my chloro is getting better but I need to really read some guides. I wish I could pvp dom but I usually make poor positioning decisions and then just get collapsed on. I see you are part of the pro-rogue camp, but I've seen plenty of threads on warlord and just clerics (though they have quietened down in favour of physician). This thread is more pointing out the fact that y'all can't decide.

I'll just go back to /popcorn now.
    nah... i not in the pro-rogue camp. lol. If u follow all the patches, you can see a pattern. Rogue is trion fav toy, no matter how many players are asking for nerf on physician, they wouldn't do it. When u can't beat them, join them!
    Look at the mage tank, did they did a nice job creating all the gears for them? How long they took? And there still so many screw up items. But on the other hand, did they screw up rogue physician? lol.

Need more deeps and everything works.

But I never met anyone who deeps as hard as me. So many times my like 28k hp sin chews through an RS spec'd sin (sometimes good players with teh 10% dmg reduction poison and all) despite their bigger HP pool before they even get a kill on me. Just about nobody DPS's to the full potential these days and people watered down versions of specs I use "glass cannons". It's pretty hopeless. If I could replicate myself a Physician would be toasted. The most I'll give them is that 1 v 1, I doubt it's going to die. 2 v 1, well, that's on the DPS imo. But hurting more than everyone in the entire game is sort of what I specialize at...it's what I did before I wound up on this side of Oz. People need to hurt more.

Here I am playing a garbage MM spec, one of the worst DPS rogue souls for PvP.

This is not an issue with Rift, this is pure under/lack of performance from DPS. When you hop in a WF, use one of the worst DPS souls and do almost double the damage of every other dagger icon on the team...you really lose hope.
    Last edited by Violacea; 05-28-2014 at 09:21 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Need more deeps and everything works.

But I never met anyone who deeps as hard as me. So many times my like 28k hp sin chews through an RS spec'd sin (sometimes good players with teh 10% dmg reduction poison and all) despite their bigger HP pool before they even get a kill on me. Just about nobody DPS's to the full potential these days and people watered down versions of specs I use "glass cannons". It's pretty hopeless. If I could replicate myself a Physician would be toasted. The most I'll give them is that 1 v 1, I doubt it's going to die. 2 v 1, well, that's on the DPS imo. But hurting more than everyone in the entire game is sort of what I specialize at...it's what I did before I wound up on this side of Oz. People need to hurt more.

Here I am playing a garbage MM spec, one of the worst DPS rogue souls for PvP.

This is not an issue with Rift, this is pure under/lack of performance from DPS.
    Not possible these days, too many of em are busy clicking their way to victory, while walking backwards when being attacked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    Votes are in for the Aveleys nerf. Suggestion are 1 handed handicap or no monitor handicap. Will submit to devs.

i still laugh every time someone calls assassin a "glass cannon" with its cloak and dagger, enfeebling poison, and slip away

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast