+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SpellwarriorX

Thread: What I envision classes to be (in terms of uniqueness)

Default What I envision classes to be (in terms of uniqueness)

This is how I would envision each class in terms of special abilities, that make them standout in pvp: feel free to add anything about what parts you agree with or anything that should be changed about what I have written.

Mages: I would envision them to have the strongest absorb shields that reduce 100% of incoming damage for a certain amount and do considerable damage ae/st. Personally I believe they should have the biggest effective radius for ae. Have the most versatile spells. (Naturally warriors should be able to fend off these attacks and these attacks should have the best chance be able to detect rogues stealth compared to any other class).
    Specializes at Long range combat

For me personally Cleric seems like a weird class (maybe similar to a mage, therefore making balancing between classes in terms of uniqueness hard. You would want unique abilities for all classes. So cleric should have the mix from every class? I guess they should have a religious concept to them. I have come to the conclusion: Clerics should have the strongest dots, self buffs/group buffs and well perform certain abilities based on chants (have the biggest burst in a specific setup!)
    Specializes at mid range combat

Rogues are probably easy to imagine and create. Rift seems to have to main concepts for rogue down I guess being a stealthy assassin (they should hit really hard accurately hitting vital points and debuffing enemies (poisons) and have abilties that take on the enemies by surprise).
    With so many souls for rogue and be like a warrior to an extent a lot want more mitigation and hp. Well generally the whole soul system has caused this problem.
    Specializes at close to mid range combat

Warriors are probably easy to imagine they have the best defense they build there bodies to perfection and excel at close quarter combat (they have many unique sword skills) . Warriors should have more erratic close combat movement if it were possible compared to the normal linear movement.
    Specializes at close range combat.

So do you guys think each soul performs there role correctly at the moment? or what changes should there be.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Ascendant

You are missing the point. It's no longer about callings but rather single specs. They just want every calling to have a spec which can do most roles and be somehow close to these from other callings.

There are some unique specs which are still kept only for the specific calling though, like chloro for mages, defiler for clerics, warlord for warriors and sin for rogues.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    You are missing the point. It's no longer about callings but rather single specs. They just want every calling to have a spec which can do most roles and be somehow close to these from other callings.

There are some unique specs which are still kept only for the specific calling though, like chloro for mages, defiler for clerics, warlord for warriors and sin for rogues.
    /facepalm

If that's the case then I have got the ultimate solution.

For pvp only you should be allowed to play any soul from any class! There will be no more crying about balance and everyone is happy! ... If only that was the case right.

I still believe each specific soul should be aimed to stay true to their class
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

I honestly miss the "This is you class, heres what it can do" setup. LIke EQ / WoW. Where you pick what you want to do at the beginning, i feel like all of these new, do anything be anything class systems were fun for awhile but lead to some really horrible pvp. Even the ESO class system ended up being trash because it was too open.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlinxx View Post
    I honestly miss the "This is you class, heres what it can do" setup. LIke EQ / WoW. Where you pick what you want to do at the beginning, i feel like all of these new, do anything be anything class systems were fun for awhile but lead to some really horrible pvp. Even the ESO class system ended up being trash because it was too open.
    Yes, a lot simpler but boring. How about limiting specs used in pvp? Simpler and easier to balance.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by SpellwarriorX View Post
    /facepalm

If that's the case then I have got the ultimate solution.

For pvp only you should be allowed to play any soul from any class! There will be no more crying about balance and everyone is happy! ... If only that was the case right.

I still believe each specific soul should be aimed to stay true to their class
    I totaly agree with this idea, and I've even suggested it several times. It would be a lot easier to balance pvp if everybody had access to every spec. Ofc gear would be some issue but Trion could always sell some for credits ;)
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

+ Reply to Thread