Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: International PvP Dimension Tournament (EU & NA) * 3V3 * Sunday June 22ND (PTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Team make up has been altered, you can have any combination.
    Have at it.
    This was me talking with Nurse . I was simply explaining how souls like Beastmaster, Bard, Tactician, Dom, the new Cleric soul are unlikely to cause stalemates with no counter available. And that some of the support souls truly stand alone in their ability. Dom is a given. Even Bard and Beastmaster have some redeemable mechanics IMO (sup bard mez or purge from BM). So I was encouraging her to push for allowing of support souls, especially since to end this bit...support souls have been some of the biggest game changers and counters against my teams personally. Last 3 v 3 the BM was crucial to their victory, and in prior games Doms have been crucial to me not being able to go as heavy DPS as I could. I suggested to Nurse that lack of allowing support souls simply bottlenecked the comps further into DPS trains and certainly nothing more.

However, I would still limit soul combinations like pure heal souls. Ie. if a predominantly rogue team (say 4 Rogues) is up, it would be pretty corny (despite being effective) to stalemate it out by having everyone go Physician or something. Sorry if the middle ground wasn't relayed enough. I think that is it though. Support souls are not game breaking and add versatility to comps that really help counter other comps. But stacking heals is definitely something that most would agree should be limited. For the sake 3 v 3 some people say 1 healer at max but, I think with 3's, any combo that isn't 3 healers should be allowed. Because the cool part about 3's is that you simply cannot have every base covered. So even if you do use 2 healers, that can be countered. Easy example, when me and aborticus faced double healer teams - we just stayed on our own cleric, got them both drained, and 1 dps was not enough to pressure a good healer. I just feel aside from pure healer stacked teams, there is a counter to everything in a 3 v 3. 3 heal souls could be taken out, you would just need an even more bottlenecked type of composition, so it's probably a wash to allow.

2c.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    This was me talking with Nurse . I was simply explaining how souls like Beastmaster, Bard, Tactician, Dom, the new Cleric soul are unlikely to cause stalemates with no counter available. And that some of the support souls truly stand alone in their ability. Dom is a given. Even Bard and Beastmaster have some redeemable mechanics IMO (sup bard mez or purge from BM). So I was encouraging her to push for allowing of support souls, especially since to end this bit...support souls have been some of the biggest game changers and counters against my teams personally. Last 3 v 3 the BM was crucial to their victory, and in prior games Doms have been crucial to me not being able to go as heavy DPS as I could. I suggested to Nurse that lack of allowing support souls simply bottlenecked the comps further into DPS trains and certainly nothing more.

However, I would still limit soul combinations like pure heal souls. Ie. if a predominantly rogue team (say 4 Rogues) is up, it would be pretty corny (despite being effective) to stalemate it out by having everyone go Physician or something. Sorry if the middle ground wasn't relayed enough. I think that is it though. Support souls are not game breaking and add versatility to comps that really help counter other comps. But stacking heals is definitely something that most would agree should be limited. For the sake 3 v 3 some people say 1 healer at max but, I think with 3's, any combo that isn't 3 healers should be allowed. Because the cool part about 3's is that you simply cannot have every base covered. So even if you do use 2 healers, that can be countered. Easy example, when me and aborticus faced double healer teams - we just stayed on our own cleric, got them both drained, and 1 dps was not enough to pressure a good healer. I just feel aside from pure healer stacked teams, there is a counter to everything in a 3 v 3. 3 heal souls could be taken out, you would just need an even more bottlenecked type of composition, so it's probably a wash to allow.

2c.
    I appreciate the feedback and the time spent with Nurse. As far as souls go not going to micro manage because its PTS and who knows what will be on PTS in a months time. If people take the initiative to tweak souls and use them as Trion has made them finding combos that will see their team succeed I think this should be encouraged. There will be a time placed on matches and deaths based but this is not yet established for a 3v3 by us. We have a clever and keen community also who will evolve as it always does - what is OP now will change.

This is also an opportunity for those who might not be able to afford the souls to get on PTS and learn as well as those who haven't been to PTS much getting into the spirit of what we get up to on there - maybe source more players for Warfront testing...

I know lots of forethought but nothing disregarded.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 05-26-2014 at 08:50 PM.

Well the time is a little bit bad for me, its midnight but ill try my best to show up for a couple of matches if i can.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

This is awesome! I'll have to have a chat with some of my hardcore PVP friends in <Deep and Dry> and form a team.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Soulwalker

Team Name: Atemlos
    Team Leader: Maaguun
    Team Participants:
    1. Maaguun (Warrior)
    Team Shard: Brutmutter (Ger)
    Team Region: EU

glhf @ all

Default ....

i wish actual pvpers would host tourneys.

Quote Originally Posted by azabar View Post

what's up with all the bitterness lately ?
    it's nice to have someone organize a cross continent tournament. the fact that the organizers are not hardcore pvp players is irrelevant. hardcore pvpers are usually to self centered to to anything altruistic anyways.

now for the commentary i concur get someone that actually knows what pvp is.
    Last edited by littlepoit; 05-27-2014 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by littlepoit View Post
    what's up with all the bitterness lately ?
    it's nice to have someone organize a cross continent tournament. the fact that the organizers are not hardcore pvp players is irrelevant. hardcore pvpers are usually to self centered to to anything altruistic anyways.

now for the commentary i concur get someone that actually knows what pvp is.
    Most of the bitterness comes from the fact last time someone got involved in the pvp community, that person cut pvpers out from the event because she holds grudges. Didn't matter that they tried to help with it, and a certain person showed up halfway through, that certain person did nothing, and wouldn't unban them.

Now that same person is trying to do a tournament and purposely excluding those members that fought with her last time from participating. So we have a fair amount of pvp players being excluded from a pvp event for the community

(Can't use names cause forum rules, but I believe I complied with every other rule on the forums)
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

actual drama with potential naming and shaming ? almost makes me nostalgic of 2012 pvp.
    still it d be nice if everybody could put their bruised ego aside and move on, including the organizer who holds a grudge, there are some very interesting teams signing up from the EU, i'm looking forward to the matchup.

Since the idea was not used, i'm going to enter a team of "3" sins named Illlllllllll, Illlllllll and Illllllllllll. There will be more sins with similar names waiting in stealth though, tagging in as soon as slip is used by one of the others so there will be no need for a healer, since they will just go somewhere where they can't be seen, drink, and wait again for their turn. Of course they will also be dressed the same. You may now know, but you will never catch me!

Team Name Illllllllllllllllllll
    Team Leader: Illlllllllll
    1. Illlllllllll
    2. Illllllllll
    3. Illllllllllll

Euro's will win cause they're more hardcore than Americans.

Aussies will come in last place since they suck at pvp in all games.

My predictions.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    Euro's will win cause they're more hardcore than Americans.

Aussies will come in last place since they suck at pvp in all games.

My predictions.
    Like you wanted to give me another reason not to heal you :P
    Devaak@Seastone <The Cult> Server First Dreambreaker. Because I am that damn good.
    Nixium the Prestigious@Seastone Mage is hard, lessons plz

Quote Originally Posted by Devaak View Post
    Like you wanted to give me another reason not to heal you :P
    Just add it to the list.

Team Name: Sweetwin
    Team Leader: Balls
    Team Participants:
    1. Balls (Rogue)
    2. Medisix (Rogue)
    3. Daaftpunk (Warrior)
    Team Shard: Brisesol (FR)
    Team Region: EU

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by azabar View Post
    So do I! I have waited and it seems amnesia is the flavour of posts for today. I have been hosting events since June 2013 to involve all sectors PvP & PvE as well as Dimensions because I play the entire game - terribly - but still ...

You are totally capable, why don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    Most of the bitterness comes from the fact last time someone got involved in the pvp community, that person cut pvpers out from the event because she holds grudges. Didn't matter that they tried to help with it, and a certain person showed up halfway through, that certain person did nothing, and wouldn't unban them.

Now that same person is trying to do a tournament and purposely excluding those members that fought with her last time from participating. So we have a fair amount of pvp players being excluded from a pvp event for the community

(Can't use names cause forum rules, but I believe I complied with every other rule on the forums)
    Take responsibility for the fact your bitterness alone started before what you actually speak of. Some people have a real problem with those that show initiative but I will speak for myself only. I have no opportunity that isn't available to everyone and I am out here trying to encourage everyone including you to do this for yourselves if all you can do is complain that's what you choose to do. If all you can see is the negative I have no qualm reminding you the positives.

You are welcome to enter a team without your usual passive aggressive childish antics. You have always been welcome in anything hosted for the community. That you choose to imagine all these things that aren't true is completely (once again and always) up to you.

This contest is being held to support EU shards and equally as important to encourage more PvP testers to get themselves onto the PTS so they can become involved in any PvP content testing that becomes available. NA already have regular events but now also have the opportunity to hang out with EU and get to know EU PvPers as well as everyone just enjoying this part of Rift they are passionate about. It isn't about forums and stalemate attitudes that have been worn out and quite frankly just plain negative for some time.

I don't have time for being in channels in game for content I don't enjoy which is when your irritation began. I also don't have time to respond to every waste of energy post made to entertain biased opinions that have no intention of changing regardless of what I say I'll just let my actions speak for themselves and I will continue to moderate or have things moderated that are a waste of peoples time making an effort where it counts. I show up where I'm invited if I can. I also assist many people and have been a part of Godlike Awesomenesses ideas for a long time having encouraged Caellia & Aloegel as well as Grim from the outset. That I also have a life and show up when I can on the day is no ones business but mine. I will remind you they were third place in the contest I held last June which began a good friendship and we communicate regularly since we're all the same page (encouraging the community) and since you seem to forget when it's convenient I use to PvP a lot but I was not enjoying it as much as when I began playing Rift on a PvP server I just know how to move on when I'm not happy with something and find what I do enjoy.

You are both welcome to move on at any time.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 05-28-2014 at 04:19 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast