+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Aveleys

Thread: Question to healers

Default Question to healers

why does my freelancer geared warrior get more healing than my myrm/relic rogue? Is it because the warrior is a warrior? is it because the warrior is a larger size race? Is it because the rogue is a dwarf? What is the perception here? I feel like in matches like whitefall where i generally do the same thing, rush mid, try to single out healers and soft targets, etc. my warrior gets targeted for heals much more often despite having entry level gear. it's odd

They won't admit anything. They're racist.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

is your warrior a bahmi?
    stormhak stormbar stormkvinde kagestorm stormelver

Shield of Telara

Warriors in warlord have a good amount of passive damage reduction, 40k health, a life save, and good mobility... which makes them an easy target to keep alive.

Once a wl gets some heals without dying, that healer feels like he's being effective, especially when the warrior continually takes damage and continually doesn't die. Gradually more and more opponents will attack that warrior because aeing with be is s nuisance, so he typically can "tank" a lot of the opposing team. .. which makes the healer focus heal more.

Obviously the warlord is never a prime choice to attack first, but you can't just let them sit at your healers spamming attacks.

That's why I heal warriors more often than other classes. Well, I should say warlords anyway
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

Quote Originally Posted by Rahak View Post
    is your warrior a bahmi?
    no human .

Prophet of Telara

Rogues don't need heals usually. From my experience they are playing a range spec that hides behind the healer so us healers are forced to tank for them and heal ourselves or they roam around stealth which means they don't need heals.. and once they are in stealth it is a bit difficult to target them as they are sometimes los trying to kill the the back line of the other team. Warrior doesn't have that type of range mobility or ease of play where they can get the first jump on a player so they are focused healed the most since they take the most damage.

Rift Master

I find myself doing this in warfronts, not for the reasons mentioned though. It's a carryover from another game where I played a healer, with my main mantra being: keep the tank alive. In most games, warriors are tanks, though the role can be filled by other classes in a pinch.

I also find that when I'm healing, warriors seem more prone to play the protector role than the other classes. They're more likely to get the 3+ dps who are focusing me to focus on him so I can continue to heal. I do see other classes do this from time to time, I've played with a few good doms who were great with using their control abilities to peel people off me, but by and by large I see this behavior more in warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    Rogues don't need heals usually. From my experience they are playing a range spec that hides behind the healer so us healers are forced to tank for them and heal ourselves or they roam around stealth which means they don't need heals.. and once they are in stealth it is a bit difficult to target them as they are sometimes los trying to kill the the back line of the other team. Warrior doesn't have that type of range mobility or ease of play where they can get the first jump on a player so they are focused healed the most since they take the most damage.
    I was comparing playing melee as both in a mid type fight. maybe partially is my rogue getting focused more as well but just looking at the boards as warrior I'll average 100-200k more healing received it seems like

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    I was comparing playing melee as both in a mid type fight. maybe partially is my rogue getting focused more as well but just looking at the boards as warrior I'll average 100-200k more healing received it seems like
    In my opinion as a healer this is the series of events as I see them(phys).
    1. Warrior and rogue charge in,
    2. Enemy decides who to begin to focus.
    3. They tab see a warrior, say **** it and hit tab, Target the rogue
    4. Proceed to drop the rogue
    5. Rogue decides to stay or pull back.
    6. They stay and die or they run and live either one takes them out of the equation for me.
    7. they target the warrior because damn who can ignore that ****.
    8. His mitigation and large Hp pool allows us to keep him in the fight and thus in our healing equation.

Not to mention a warriors offensive pressure can't be understated a rogue just can't match that effectiveness for a healer.

I don't pick and choose who I heal but I'm my experience rogues go way in the back and attack healers and los my heals , you may not do this , but this seems to happen more then not , and don't get me wrong that's what a rogues should do , but if I run in the middle to heal him I'll most likely get targeted myself

passive medium mit?

Oh you're trolling.... your massive skill blocks all their windows making it the only thing clickable.

It's because not many people know that you are on the warrior.

<3 <3 <3

Quote Originally Posted by oddiescell View Post
    Warriors in warlord have a good amount of passive damage reduction, 40k health, a life save, and good mobility... which makes them an easy target to keep alive.

Once a wl gets some heals without dying, that healer feels like he's being effective, especially when the warrior continually takes damage and continually doesn't die. Gradually more and more opponents will attack that warrior because aeing with be is s nuisance, so he typically can "tank" a lot of the opposing team. .. which makes the healer focus heal more.

Obviously the warlord is never a prime choice to attack first, but you can't just let them sit at your healers spamming attacks.

That's why I heal warriors more often than other classes. Well, I should say warlords anyway
    you forgot the part about warlords having increased incoming healing, which means higher scoreboard numbers for healers!

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    I play mm more often now just because it's hard to get heals as a sin. It's too deep into the enemy side on most maps for healers to venture out. On most dom maps where I defend and cap, I don't expect heals. I'll finish most maps with 70k healing given, 74k heals received. The 4k being a motif of regeneration, lgv, or curative core.

I heal whomever I can. (I like to win!)
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

+ Reply to Thread