+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Karthan Ridge superman

Default Karthan Ridge superman

I played a Karthan Ridge warfront today and saw something that didn't seem right. It was the one you pick up the bombs and destroy the opponents cannons.

So I start the game making a beeline with my team to the map center as is usual. As soon as I hop down off the ridge to the lower area, still no where near the map center, I notice far off to the left someone running in our direction. I'm thinking how did one of their guys get all the way over there so quickly?

Then I realized the guy was carrying a bomb. He was well on his way to our cannon on that side. How the heck did he get all the way to the middle, pick up the bomb, and get all the way over there in the time it took our team to set foot on the lower area?

I gave chase, he wasn't running any faster than I was. A minute after the game started, it was over.
    Something fishy is going on there, is there some hacking/cheating thing some players are doing in these warfronts? I never saw anything like this happen in this or any other warfront I have played, and I have played a lot in the last couple months.
    Shard: Shatterbone

It's just called people being blind and not CCing him. People can have stone running builds that have multiple blinks and runspeed boosts.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzaguy View Post
    I played a Karthan Ridge warfront today and saw something that didn't seem right. It was the one you pick up the bombs and destroy the opponents cannons.

So I start the game making a beeline with my team to the map center as is usual. As soon as I hop down off the ridge to the lower area, still no where near the map center, I notice far off to the left someone running in our direction. I'm thinking how did one of their guys get all the way over there so quickly?

Then I realized the guy was carrying a bomb. He was well on his way to our cannon on that side. How the heck did he get all the way to the middle, pick up the bomb, and get all the way over there in the time it took our team to set foot on the lower area?

I gave chase, he wasn't running any faster than I was. A minute after the game started, it was over.
    Something fishy is going on there, is there some hacking/cheating thing some players are doing in these warfronts? I never saw anything like this happen in this or any other warfront I have played, and I have played a lot in the last couple months.
    On my warrior i can leap back twice, thunderous leap, and run 50% increase to the stone. This beats almost everyone, and if your whole team was running normal id be halfway to your sides entrance.

Im sure rogues can come up with faster specs, especially RS with multiple ports.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 05-23-2014 at 12:14 PM.

Plane Walker

Probably a combination of Insoles, Bard Speed Buffs, class specific speed burst abilities, and I'm drawing a blank right now if CQ Power and PA provide running speed buffs...

A lot of people claim speed hacks are in PvP, but I can't say I've seen anything too fishy.

Cheat Engine is the best speed hacks. But I wouldn't use it to do pve objectives, cause that's for bads.

Quote Originally Posted by Malidrag View Post
    Probably a combination of Insoles, Bard Speed Buffs, class specific speed burst abilities, and I'm drawing a blank right now if CQ Power and PA provide running speed buffs...

A lot of people claim speed hacks are in PvP, but I can't say I've seen anything too fishy.
    I had a guardian assassin attack me right as I finished capping the defiant flag in KR (nw corner). I've never seen anyone get there that fast. I know he was 61 sin due to the three poison procs and probably 13 bd and 2 mm, so he probably used on the double and sprint.

I have to ask, did you happen to get into a match that was already started by chance?
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    I had a guardian assassin attack me right as I finished capping the defiant flag in KR (nw corner). I've never seen anyone get there that fast. I know he was 61 sin due to the three poison procs and probably 13 bd and 2 mm, so he probably used on the double and sprint.
    Might have been me. I love that build in KR: Dom.

Quote Originally Posted by Meaghanne View Post
    I have to ask, did you happen to get into a match that was already started by chance?
    No. I was there for the countdown. I used on the double and my insoles, so the difference would be sprint (15 seconds, +50%.)

Might have been me. I love that build in KR: Dom.
    Fox@hailol?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    Fox@hailol?
    Nope, he's a good rogue though.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    On my warrior i can leap back twice, thunderous leap, and run 50% increase to the stone. This beats almost everyone, and if your whole team was running normal id be halfway to your sides entrance.

Im sure rogues can come up with faster specs, especially RS with multiple ports.
    RS teleports require target except shadow shift which have 15m only anyway.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post

there is a 1hr cd consumable in the third tier of the air planar attunement that stacks with your souls run speed buff, if you wanna be just that little bit faster.

there are also a few charges in warrior souls that aren't blocked by carrying stones in karthan/whitefall that you can use a targeted enemy player to gain a bit of ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

CQ power, full PA, 15% insoles, Forced March, Mighty Leap, Defensive Maneuver, Tempest Mirror, Mighty Quickening Brew. When you're a Warlord, anything* is possible.

Nope, he's a good rogue though.
    He rages like none other when you kill his fun ganking stupid lowbies in Sanctum though. Or just when you kill him in general. Very mad. Maybe he's DriftinARift.

* Except death.

he should have capped the middle one first
    stormhak stormbar stormkvinde kagestorm stormelver

Rift Chaser

Oh man, u haven't seen the OLD SPEED hack on whitefall WF. OLD as in, probably 1.5years ago? Can't remember it. There are some rogue using teleport hack where they can port from 1 end to another in a matter of few seconds. Old players should know about it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast