+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Karthan Ridge superman

  1. #1
    Shadowlander Pizzaguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    33

    Default Karthan Ridge superman

    I played a Karthan Ridge warfront today and saw something that didn't seem right. It was the one you pick up the bombs and destroy the opponents cannons.

    So I start the game making a beeline with my team to the map center as is usual. As soon as I hop down off the ridge to the lower area, still no where near the map center, I notice far off to the left someone running in our direction. I'm thinking how did one of their guys get all the way over there so quickly?

    Then I realized the guy was carrying a bomb. He was well on his way to our cannon on that side. How the heck did he get all the way to the middle, pick up the bomb, and get all the way over there in the time it took our team to set foot on the lower area?

    I gave chase, he wasn't running any faster than I was. A minute after the game started, it was over.
    Something fishy is going on there, is there some hacking/cheating thing some players are doing in these warfronts? I never saw anything like this happen in this or any other warfront I have played, and I have played a lot in the last couple months.
    Shard: Shatterbone

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara Fiskerton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,120

    Default

    It's just called people being blind and not CCing him. People can have stone running builds that have multiple blinks and runspeed boosts.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

    I'm a homeless stray of a raider

  3. #3
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pizzaguy View Post
    I played a Karthan Ridge warfront today and saw something that didn't seem right. It was the one you pick up the bombs and destroy the opponents cannons.

    So I start the game making a beeline with my team to the map center as is usual. As soon as I hop down off the ridge to the lower area, still no where near the map center, I notice far off to the left someone running in our direction. I'm thinking how did one of their guys get all the way over there so quickly?

    Then I realized the guy was carrying a bomb. He was well on his way to our cannon on that side. How the heck did he get all the way to the middle, pick up the bomb, and get all the way over there in the time it took our team to set foot on the lower area?

    I gave chase, he wasn't running any faster than I was. A minute after the game started, it was over.
    Something fishy is going on there, is there some hacking/cheating thing some players are doing in these warfronts? I never saw anything like this happen in this or any other warfront I have played, and I have played a lot in the last couple months.
    On my warrior i can leap back twice, thunderous leap, and run 50% increase to the stone. This beats almost everyone, and if your whole team was running normal id be halfway to your sides entrance.

    Im sure rogues can come up with faster specs, especially RS with multiple ports.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 05-23-2014 at 12:14 PM.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Probably a combination of Insoles, Bard Speed Buffs, class specific speed burst abilities, and I'm drawing a blank right now if CQ Power and PA provide running speed buffs...

    A lot of people claim speed hacks are in PvP, but I can't say I've seen anything too fishy.

  5. #5
    Champion of Telara Aveleys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    Cheat Engine is the best speed hacks. But I wouldn't use it to do pve objectives, cause that's for bads.

  6. #6
    Ascendant asianguywithacamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malidrag View Post
    Probably a combination of Insoles, Bard Speed Buffs, class specific speed burst abilities, and I'm drawing a blank right now if CQ Power and PA provide running speed buffs...

    A lot of people claim speed hacks are in PvP, but I can't say I've seen anything too fishy.
    I had a guardian assassin attack me right as I finished capping the defiant flag in KR (nw corner). I've never seen anyone get there that fast. I know he was 61 sin due to the three poison procs and probably 13 bd and 2 mm, so he probably used on the double and sprint.

  7. #7
    RIFT Guide Writer Meaghanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    I have to ask, did you happen to get into a match that was already started by chance?
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    I had a guardian assassin attack me right as I finished capping the defiant flag in KR (nw corner). I've never seen anyone get there that fast. I know he was 61 sin due to the three poison procs and probably 13 bd and 2 mm, so he probably used on the double and sprint.
    Might have been me. I love that build in KR: Dom.

  9. #9
    Ascendant asianguywithacamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meaghanne View Post
    I have to ask, did you happen to get into a match that was already started by chance?
    No. I was there for the countdown. I used on the double and my insoles, so the difference would be sprint (15 seconds, +50%.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Malidrag View Post
    Might have been me. I love that build in KR: Dom.
    Fox@hailol?

  10. #10
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    Fox@hailol?
    Nope, he's a good rogue though.

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    On my warrior i can leap back twice, thunderous leap, and run 50% increase to the stone. This beats almost everyone, and if your whole team was running normal id be halfway to your sides entrance.

    Im sure rogues can come up with faster specs, especially RS with multiple ports.
    RS teleports require target except shadow shift which have 15m only anyway.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    On my warrior i can leap back twice, thunderous leap, and run 50% increase to the stone. This beats almost everyone, and if your whole team was running normal id be halfway to your sides entrance.

    Im sure rogues can come up with faster specs, especially RS with multiple ports.
    there is a 1hr cd consumable in the third tier of the air planar attunement that stacks with your souls run speed buff, if you wanna be just that little bit faster.

    there are also a few charges in warrior souls that aren't blocked by carrying stones in karthan/whitefall that you can use a targeted enemy player to gain a bit of ground.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    CQ power, full PA, 15% insoles, Forced March, Mighty Leap, Defensive Maneuver, Tempest Mirror, Mighty Quickening Brew. When you're a Warlord, anything* is possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malidrag View Post
    Nope, he's a good rogue though.
    He rages like none other when you kill his fun ganking stupid lowbies in Sanctum though. Or just when you kill him in general. Very mad. Maybe he's DriftinARift.



    * Except death.

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser Rahak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    394

    Default

    he should have capped the middle one first
    stormhak stormbar stormkvinde kagestorm stormelver

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malidrag View Post
    Probably a combination of Insoles, Bard Speed Buffs, class specific speed burst abilities, and I'm drawing a blank right now if CQ Power and PA provide running speed buffs...

    A lot of people claim speed hacks are in PvP, but I can't say I've seen anything too fishy.
    Oh man, u haven't seen the OLD SPEED hack on whitefall WF. OLD as in, probably 1.5years ago? Can't remember it. There are some rogue using teleport hack where they can port from 1 end to another in a matter of few seconds. Old players should know about it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts