+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Trion fix your warriors already!

  1. #1
    Shield of Telara Talzoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    787

    Default Trion fix your warriors already!

    Do the devs even play their own game? Do they see that 80% of all dps is moving to warriors?

    Who can blame people? If a newbie asks whats the best dps to play. You can say: well play a glass cannon mage or a glass cannon rogue ... or you can play a unkillable tank and still do MORE dps then the glass cannons. *face freaken palm*

    Who thought that would be an awesome idea? and why isn't it fixed yet?

    There is a reason why most MMORPG's don't let their TANK class put out massive DPS (for further reference check out SWTOR Mauraders) Smash smash smash = players leave your "balanced" game.

    It's simple, fix your guard mechanic and make the warrior a guard/buff class to protect the dps and/or healers.

    If people don't like it tell them to play a designated DPS class Rogue/Mage.

    "Ohh but warriors need a dps soul too or else it wouldn't be fair. Plus i'm too inept and lazy to learn how to guard and assist others."

    I haven't posted yet and my feet are already wet with your tears!

    Fine keep the warrior dps, heck you know what RAISE the warrior dps but for the love of god put in a proportional trade off. I.E. lower HP or lower armor/resists.

    This is a grade school logic! Lets get on it before you lose the entity of your player base. I like rift and I don't wanna see it fade away.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Solaxys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,052

    Default

    "This is a grade school logic! Lets get on it before you lose the entity of your player base. I like rift and I don't wanna see it fade away."

    It has been nearly 7 - 8 months now. The "entity of [their] player base" has not been lost.
    Stop whining and play better or find a game that lets you feel like you are playing better.

    Warlords aren't OP; they need a small tune down - but even if that doesn't happen, they aren't what you make them out to be.

  3. #3
    Shield of Telara Talzoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    787

    Default

    "It has been nearly 7 - 8 months now. The "entity of [their] player base" has not been lost."

    I said before you lose the... but w/e I guess it was tl:dr right boozo?

    yeah no population drops at all? R.I.P. necroplis or did I just dream that?

    "Stop whining and play better or find a game that lets you feel like you are playing better."

    K u win i'm sure no one will make a post about warrior/warlord etc ever again because they are fixed and perfect so go enjoy ur cookie now.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Solaxys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    "It has been nearly 7 - 8 months now. The "entity of [their] player base" has not been lost."

    I said before you lose the... but w/e I guess it was tl:dr right boozo?

    yeah no population drops at all? R.I.P. necroplis or did I just dream that?

    "Stop whining and play better or find a game that lets you feel like you are playing better."

    K u win i'm sure no one will make a post about warrior/warlord etc ever again because they are fixed and perfect so go enjoy ur cookie now.
    Well it was pretty close to tl;dr, but I did read it - and if your before doesn't entail the last eight months of the same situation, then you really do not understand how reality works.

    You are saying RIP to a PVP server in a PVE-oriented game? That's your argument for diminishing population? *Sigh*
    (Population might be rescinding otherwise; but not due to WL being "supreme, ftr)

    People make posts on the smallest of things when it has no basis when you look at statistics of the bigger picture.

    No one is forcing you to play the game; if you think WL is OP, play it.
    Nothing is ever perfect when it comes to a business that runs on appeasing the mass, because they can't make sure to make every single player happy.
    Learn to live with it; if you really have an honest suggestion on how to improve it (specifically for WL), make a list of changes, get proof from warfronts how these changes will improve the gameplay, and PM Vladd.

    This sort of tirade is so childish, I am surprised even I am responding to it.

  5. #5
    General of Telara Nemrud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    Do the devs even play their own game? Do they see that 80% of all dps is moving to warriors?

    Who can blame people? If a newbie asks whats the best dps to play. You can say: well play a glass cannon mage or a glass cannon rogue ... or you can play a unkillable tank and still do MORE dps then the glass cannons. *face freaken palm*

    Who thought that would be an awesome idea? and why isn't it fixed yet?

    There is a reason why most MMORPG's don't let their TANK class put out massive DPS (for further reference check out SWTOR Mauraders) Smash smash smash = players leave your "balanced" game.

    It's simple, fix your guard mechanic and make the warrior a guard/buff class to protect the dps and/or healers.

    If people don't like it tell them to play a designated DPS class Rogue/Mage.

    "Ohh but warriors need a dps soul too or else it wouldn't be fair. Plus i'm too inept and lazy to learn how to guard and assist others."

    I haven't posted yet and my feet are already wet with your tears!

    Fine keep the warrior dps, heck you know what RAISE the warrior dps but for the love of god put in a proportional trade off. I.E. lower HP or lower armor/resists.

    This is a grade school logic! Lets get on it before you lose the entity of your player base. I like rift and I don't wanna see it fade away.
    I'm assuming you rarely PvP. I'd say you never did but trying to be polite.
    Nemrud@Zaviel Imperium
    The dwarf your momma warned you about.

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara Talzoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solaxys View Post
    Well it was pretty close to tl;dr, but I did read it - and if your before doesn't entail the last eight months of the same situation, then you really do not understand how reality works.

    You are saying RIP to a PVP server in a PVE-oriented game? That's your argument for diminishing population? *Sigh*
    (Population might be rescinding otherwise; but not due to WL being "supreme, ftr)

    People make posts on the smallest of things when it has no basis when you look at statistics of the bigger picture.

    No one is forcing you to play the game; if you think WL is OP, play it.
    Nothing is ever perfect when it comes to a business that runs on appeasing the mass, because they can't make sure to make every single player happy.
    Learn to live with it; if you really have an honest suggestion on how to improve it (specifically for WL), make a list of changes, get proof from warfronts how these changes will improve the gameplay, and PM Vladd.

    This sort of tirade is so childish, I am surprised even I am responding to it.
    "No one is forcing you to play the game; if you think WL is OP, play it."

    Seems to the basis of your argument. I can tell you the type of person who just does everything that officials tell you to do. No customization in your life because you are content to live life as others tell you to. Typical peon mentality.

    Me on the other hand I see a great thing that can be better so I voice my opinion (instead of cowering).

    "Nothing is ever perfect when it comes to a business that runs on appeasing the mass, because they can't make sure to make every single player happy."

    No one is asking for perfection but even you admitted the WL could use changes (and im assuming you are a hardcore WL defender by your posts).

    I'm surprised you responded too. We already acknowledged your disinterest in the topic but I guess its something that appeals to you more then you previously imagine which further strengthens my original proposal.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    Do the devs even play their own game? Do they see that 80% of all dps is moving to warriors?
    you misspelled "rogues" there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    Who can blame people? If a newbie asks whats the best dps to play. You can say: well play a glass cannon mage or a glass cannon rogue ... or you can play a unkillable tank and still do MORE dps then the glass cannons. *face freaken palm*
    a warrior is not a tank. a warrior with a tank soul is a tank. a mage or rogue with a tank soul is a tank.
    a pure dps warrior is just as much a glass cannon as any mage or rogue.
    (the warlord is neither tank nor dps, but a hybrid. as such, you can expect it to have aspects of both)

    Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    Who thought that would be an awesome idea? and why isn't it fixed yet?
    fix what, exactly?
    please identify which warrior tank soul (paladin/reaver/void knight) is the one doing more damage than a pyro.

    Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    There is a reason why most MMORPG's don't let their TANK class put out massive DPS (for further reference check out SWTOR Mauraders) Smash smash smash = players leave your "balanced" game.
    the SWTOR Marauder is a pure dps class, not a tank class.
    the juggernaut is the sith warrior tank class, though the lolsmash ability is in the dps tree, requiring heavy points expenditure into that tree sufficient to render it not a tank.

    Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    It's simple, fix your guard mechanic and make the warrior a guard/buff class to protect the dps and/or healers.
    but the warrior is a dps...and a healer...
    again, warrior does NOT equal tank. every class can tank (including yours). how about you guard my warrior while I dps?

    Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    If people don't like it tell them to play a designated DPS class Rogue/Mage.
    you seem to have missed a very large point in Rifts soul system. every class can tank, dps, heal, and support. there is no designated dps class.

    Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    "Ohh but warriors need a dps soul too or else it wouldn't be fair. Plus i'm too inept and lazy to learn how to guard and assist others."
    how about you learn to guard and assist the warrior?

    Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    I haven't posted yet and my feet are already wet with your tears!
    you seem confused as to the source of the dampness afflicting your feet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    Fine keep the warrior dps, heck you know what RAISE the warrior dps but for the love of god put in a proportional trade off. I.E. lower HP or lower armor/resists.
    already done.
    if it has less than 60k hit points in pvp, I can assure you it is not a fully specced tank.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Solaxys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    "No one is forcing you to play the game; if you think WL is OP, play it."

    Seems to the basis of your argument. I can tell you the type of person who just does everything that officials tell you to do. No customization in your life because you are content to live life as others tell you to. Typical peon mentality.
    So judgmental for someone so childish.
    I have rebelled against Trion quite a number of times; check post history.
    P.S. Trying to change a game or not change a game doesn't equate to content in Life, since you know, game isn't life? Or is it? #paradigmshift

    It's not an argument actually; its me saying, stop whining and play it if its so OP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    Me on the other hand I see a great thing that can be better so I voice my opinion (instead of cowering).
    Oh dear lord, another idiot who thinks his entitlement to an opinion means enforcing the opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    "Nothing is ever perfect when it comes to a business that runs on appeasing the mass, because they can't make sure to make every single player happy."

    No one is asking for perfection but even you admitted the WL could use changes (and im assuming you are a hardcore WL defender by your posts).

    I'm surprised you responded too. We already acknowledged your disinterest in the topic but I guess its something that appeals to you more then you previously imagine which further strengthens my original proposal.
    I don't play WL in PVP. I only use it as a breeze-tank for PVE experts. My PVP specs consist of a full para with some points in WL for snares/pulls & Tempest for when I feel like being lazy.

    WL in PVP is overrated; it is incredibly easy to shut a WL down. Yes they survive more, but they have the worst energy regen in the game - flatlining at 0 <20s in without any sort of cost-redux ability. Throw in a dom drain and they are dead in the water.
    There are maybe 2 abilities on average CDs that hit like a truck and one single ability that turns on Godmode for those 2 abilities (makes them spammable for 15s); rest of it is oGCD oriented & AoE (which do nothing against one person).

    So in effect for a WL to excel, your team has 0 CC and/or energy drain, you group up like idiots, or you let WL beat on you as you stand there instead of having some CC-break+kite maneuver.

    WL could use changes to downsize their burst capability (i.e. within those 20s of energy flatline, they can do a pretty significant burst); but every class has a burst-oriented spec. These guys are tanky? Well they are warriors... they need to be in melee, taking the hits and dish out damage. "Glass-canon" mages and rogues have the amazing ability to kite, CC, and hide in some random far-away location to burn things down (You might retort with "WL can pull/charge" - well one has an iCD and the other means the WL distances himself/herself further from heals/team).

    You and every other player that comes on this forum and posts WL needs nerfs, fix it, blah blah blah has absolutely no idea how a warlord works in PVP. It is an incredibly cumbersome spec to play well; most PuG PVP teams are just idiots upon idiots and even a terribly played WL (*cough*WoS and KF in a ST Macro*cough*) will look like God.

    WL needs some finetuning; but with or without that, it will literally have no relevance to making it less OP or more OP. Like one of the things I would change is remove 0 CD on Clear the Breach with Battlefield Experience.

    WL is fine, learn to DEAL WITH IT, in other words, ADAPT TO IT.
    Last edited by Solaxys; 05-23-2014 at 02:37 PM.

  9. #9
    Prophet of Telara Fiskerton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,120

    Default

    Until they get pocket healed anyway. Then it's just like, what do I do? Kill the healer that's being cross healed by 2-3 other healers? By the time I can do anything, the warlord already killed me.

    This is really a case of premades vs pugs. It's very obvious when you're up against people who are grouped together, and you pretty much can't deal with it as a pug especially once you're marked and it's just qq central.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

    I'm a homeless stray of a raider

  10. #10
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    "No one is forcing you to play the game; if you think WL is OP, play it.".
    This is valid. Since a friend told me to try out his warrior since I thought they were OP. It took me like 2 days to realize how completely trash the warrior class is compared to my mage. ( Even before they made mage burst overpowered.) Also, most of the warriors I know do not pvp and only pve and the players I know who pvp and were warriors left the game or rerolled a rogue.

    This is fact.. you are probably A newbie who still needs about a year to catch up to the veterans.. That means max PA, best in slot gear and runes and orbs, who use feast and pots etc.

    Warlord isn't as OP as you think and players like myself know that value of some red headed step chlid( the warrior class) who is willing to suicide dive for the team which is the only class I see doing it often.. Once you realize that warrior is worth having on your team instead of worth not having in game is when you can understand the totality of pvp dynamics.

    Not have that class in game means 90% range vs range warfronts up from the 80% it is now which is plain stupid in all ways possible because range is tab taget fodder and no skill involved.. like aiming etc. Even some skills don't respect evasion because they are not physical attacks so pls take you ideas else where .. and if you want range on range zergfest why not just do cq?

  11. #11
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    "No one is forcing you to play the game; if you think WL is OP, play it."

    Seems to the basis of your argument. I can tell you the type of person who just does everything that officials tell you to do. No customization in your life because you are content to live life as others tell you to. Typical peon mentality.
    the reason they are suggesting that you play the soul, is so that you can learn its weaknesses and discover for yourself that it is not as OP as you currently seem to think it is.

    warlors vs pyro will likely see the warlord win.

    warlord + sent vs pyro + physician will see the pyro/phys win
    warlord is great when there are no heals. in the presence of heals, warlord is weak.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  12. #12
    Champion of Telara Stihl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    ITT: Everyone that is complaining about Physician defending Warlord.

    In fact, that's how whinefront factions should be renamed. No longer will it be Guardian vs. Defiant. Henceforth, the Red team shall be named Warlords, and the Blue team shall be named Physicians.

  13. #13
    General of Telara Nemrud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    ITT: Everyone that is complaining about Physician defending Warlord.

    In fact, that's how whinefront factions should be renamed. No longer will it be Guardian vs. Defiant. Henceforth, the Red team shall be named Warlords, and the Blue team shall be named Physicians.
    There's a little difference between being hard to kill in PvP (Warlord) & being impossible to kill in PvP (Physician). The day you see a Warlord never going below %60 HP while 5-6 Rank 90s focus him (ie. Physician), you'll be right.

    I'm a Warlord and if people think only Warlords & Physicians are the problem in Rift, I say nerf Warlord. Anything to get rid of this broken Physician, I'm alright with. It's a game stopper.
    Nemrud@Zaviel Imperium
    The dwarf your momma warned you about.

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrud View Post
    There's a little difference between being hard to kill in PvP (Warlord) & being impossible to kill in PvP (Physician). The day you see a Warlord never going below %60 HP while 5-6 Rank 90s focus him (ie. Physician), you'll be right.

    I'm a Warlord and if people think only Warlords & Physicians are the problem in Rift, I say nerf Warlord. Anything to get rid of this broken Physician, I'm alright with. It's a game stopper.
    Phys is not impossible to kill, you are just low skilled casual. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMZiaQ4-qKg
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

  15. #15
    Champion of Telara Stihl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrud View Post
    There's a little difference between being hard to kill in PvP (Warlord) & being impossible to kill in PvP (Physician). The day you see a Warlord never going below %60 HP while 5-6 Rank 90s focus him (ie. Physician), you'll be right.

    I'm a Warlord and if people think only Warlords & Physicians are the problem in Rift, I say nerf Warlord. Anything to get rid of this broken Physician, I'm alright with. It's a game stopper.
    There's also a difference between being a ST healer, and being a 40k hp dps with tank level mitigation. FTR, yea, they are both outliers but I don't think either is anywhere near as bad as people are making them out to be. Go ahead, nerf both into the ground. The next week threads like this will be replaced calling for the head of some other spec.

    That's how it's always been, that's how it will always be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts