+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 42k hit points, 0 Deaths, top Warfront damage.

Champion of Telara

Default 42k hit points, 0 Deaths, top Warfront damage.

It's depressing on my Inquisitor to have to work my tail off at 32k HP in almost full Myrm gear to get one or two kills using ST damage, careful application of DoTs, and perfect timing on double Nysyr's while some Warlord derps their way to dominance. I realize they are probably being well healed/shielded, but more and more of them are turning into WF boss mobs.

WF's are flooded with underperformance.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Warriors are fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    WF's are flooded with underperformance.
    It's relatively hard to under-perform on a Warlord though.

Also, Stormzill
    STORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORM

Rift Disciple

Have seen this too, but think the pocket healers have more to do with it than the Warrior himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomthebomb View Post
    Have seen this too, but think the pocket healers have more to do with it than the Warrior himself.
    Yes, before rogues were able to heal, we had to contend with 20k HP freelancer clerics that could not keep anyone alive, now that geared rogues can heal, we have warriors eating face, because they have access to geared knowledgeable pocket heals.

Quote Originally Posted by SWGMOD010 View Post
    I'm convinced people just don't hit buttons everytime they get a GCD to.

But no for real, that used to be my fun. I would run group zones in Eq2 I was powerful enough to solo, just for kicks of leading a pack of pickups around. If stuff went bad, I could muscle through. But man, I would run my parse and sometimes I'd get my exact DPS class in the group.

It blew my mind some of the buttons people thought were a good idea to hit. Since then, I have just learned that it isn't clear what buttons to hit, and some people go out of their way seemingly to hit buttons I'd have to re-arrange my whole thought process to even consider executing in such an order. It's just a sad state. I remember when Rays of Disintegration was an ability that caused your whole group to cast your nuke with you. JESUS, the times some of these mages thought it was a good idea to use that ability used to make me rage quit groups.
    Last edited by Violacea; 05-20-2014 at 05:17 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

You can say that of any calling, I have a rank 90 mage that I used to play in warfronts, I would end up sometimes top KB & damage as pyro. Its not hard, its up to the knowledge and abilities of the player, all callings can perform reasonably well. Oh and yes, I have two rank 90 toons in full Myrm gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    You can say that of any calling, I have a rank 90 mage that I used to play in warfronts, I would end up sometimes top KB & damage as pyro. Its not hard, its up to the knowledge and abilities of the player, all callings can perform reasonably well. Oh and yes, I have two rank 90 toons in full Myrm gear.
    You can play warlord with 2 buttons.

Okay, that's great.
    Last edited by SWGMOD010; 05-20-2014 at 05:20 AM.

Also, Stormzill

Warlords got a lot of hate although I admit if they have sufficient heals to face tank, it is way to easy to play, with the 2 button stereotype (but hey we can blame this on bad matchmaking?). A hp reduction would seem like the only way to stop a lot of the hate (but as we seen with nerfs many people are not satisfied until >insert soul< no longer dominates), although I would like to see the st pull range increased just a bit if that were to happen. (Pulls at 23/26m would be fine)
    Sprawl tried to prove in the other thread before gear didn't really count as much as you think and it was skills, in the other warrior thread.

Well the 42k hp seems exaggerated but it is possible especially with raid buffs etc with bonus end (pa/enchantments) and myrm gear. Although warlord has to be over tuned to be viable, especially for the newer players and be played like how warriors are meant to be played to make them worth playing in the first place. The current disorganized mess pvp it makes me think they shouldn't have nerfed tempest in the first place and they should make them worth playing again or on par with warlord (maybe a hp reduction would be ok then at the expense of the wl hybrids and where damage souls only have a 1% damage bonus).

It is natural for people to tend to target the person who is in their face and (if you have some competent or good dps) they will target the squishier,lower hp players first. Although you could argue if that person is really threatening even the good dps will target them as they don't have much of a choice (death anyway or to much heals/team not good enough). Then you need an outstanding player to turn the wf back into your tide. If the damage for warlord is otherwise decreased then the other damage souls should be worked on to make them hardened enough to play in melee without the reliance of the warlord soul as a subsoul. To much effort I guess though. Someone who actually knows balance (unbias) needs to work for Trion for free as their pvp dev!

Please no more 10 page+ nerf warrior (warlord threads) Trion isn't stupid unless you want an infraction to say that they are!
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Okay, that's great.
    Warlords are not even a problem in warfronts, and why would anyone want to nerf warriors in pvp, they need some upward adjustments if anything, they need more pvp options IMHO.

Okay, that's great.
    you can play sab with 1 and top dmg and kbs as well, nerf sab

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Warlords are not even a problem in warfronts, and why would anyone want to nerf warriors in pvp, they need some upward adjustments if anything, they need more pvp options IMHO.
    I'm not saying it's overpowered. I'm just saying it's really easy to play and thus hard to under-perform on
    Last edited by SWGMOD010; 05-20-2014 at 05:52 AM.

Also, Stormzill

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    you can play sab with 1 and top dmg and kbs as well, nerf sab
    Sab is trash

Also, Stormzill

I'm not saying it's overpowered. I'm just saying it's really easy to play and thus hard to under-perform on
    Hence, why everyone wants warlord to be nerfed because healers can heal them to easily; even the bad ones can try and focus their heals on them with ease. Well there would be no problem if they were as squishy as tempest lol.
    Last edited by SpellwarriorX; 05-20-2014 at 05:58 AM.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast