+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Cleansing - rogues and warriors

Champion

Default Cleansing - rogues and warriors

With all the healing, I've dumbed down to new lows with a special niche that still seems elusive in many warfronts: cleanse bot. I just run around spamming cleanses while the rogues and warriors heal now. It provides a even less disruptive playstyle allowing me to sip my beer without consequence. I do miss those matches that provide non-stop movement to different areas for 10 minutes at a time allowing me to build up some thirst to quench.

Can warriors and rogues cleanse like clerics and chloros? If they can, learn to cleanse... If not, job security is still here!

Rogues have an aoe cleanse they should absolutely be using on CD (most are bads and probably won't tho). They have a ST cleanse that I macro'd like the old Silgen cleanse macro (RotP sliver). I think someone has the same macro posted in rogue class guide so go get it lazy *****.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    Rogues have an aoe cleanse they should absolutely be using on CD (most are bads and probably won't tho). They have a ST cleanse that I macro'd like the old Silgen cleanse macro (RotP sliver). I think someone has the same macro posted in rogue class guide so go get it lazy *****.
    Good to hear the rogues have it. Cleansing doesn't show on the boards, so it'll probably take a little while for some to work it in and waste a GCD on it. ;)

Hopefully warriors have it too.

Rift Chaser

There is still hope zim! Mostly what i'm noticing with new healers is their lack of reading a frame of who's taking focus damage after you put a little pressure on them. You can attack them for a bit make them spam heal themselves and do the standard swap to some dps tender around them and drop them pretty quick.

There is still hope for the good cleric healers! <3

On Xith I have both a group and ST cleanse.

Healing with a war reminds me of when wardens stacked - good aoe but poor ST. Not a good pocket healer..lol.
    AXAZE 70/R100 Clerc
    XITH 70/R100 Warrior
    REVELER 70/R100 Rog
    ZAXA 70/R100 finger waggler

What's awesome about healing on my Physicial and having a Dom use MB on me... I cleanse soul that **** so hard. And then cleanse some more because no one else knows how to cleanse =.=

Cleansing is one of the things that goes unnoticed. Most dps and other healers usually can't see when you just took off 2-4 dot/debuffs.

Why would someone make a Physician spec without the AoE cleanse actively used? I'd actually as far as to say it's worth putting in a macro above your ST one. I think there are very few times the AoE one, hitting 10 people, won't hit the single person you want it to in most cases. And even if it does miss someone you really want to hit, then you can ST cleanse. Unless you are in a cluster with more than 10 people, the AoE one might as well be used in place of the ST one most of the time.

Like, there no reason to use the ST cleanse over the AoE cleanse in the sense I described in something like Black Garden where you will never be in a group with more than 10 people (outside of Stockpile). Least that was one of the first macros I made when I saw the cleanses. But the cases where I see that method biting you in the rear is low...If there is more than 10 clustered together ST cleaning probably isn't as important at that point anyway, so I see it as never bad to blow and never mind have it priority over my ST cleanse.

Just me though, I thought this was intuitive.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmyzz View Post
    With all the healing, I've dumbed down to new lows with a special niche that still seems elusive in many warfronts: cleanse bot. I just run around spamming cleanses while the rogues and warriors heal now. It provides a even less disruptive playstyle allowing me to sip my beer without consequence. I do miss those matches that provide non-stop movement to different areas for 10 minutes at a time allowing me to build up some thirst to quench.

Can warriors and rogues cleanse like clerics and chloros? If they can, learn to cleanse... If not, job security is still here!
    How does your soul compete heal wise vs the two new heal souls? Im curious what you think, especially if your spam cleansing and letting them do the main healing.

Rogues and Warriors probably don't know that cleansing is a thing, since it's only Cleric and Mage abilities and debuffs that are permitted to be affected by cleanses.

I wonder how many of them know the difference between a red debuff and a purple one. Not many, judging by how often cleanse soul actually gets used.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Rogues and Warriors probably don't know that cleansing is a thing, since it's only Cleric and Mage abilities and debuffs that are permitted to be affected by cleanses.

I wonder how many of them know the difference between a red debuff and a purple one. Not many, judging by how often cleanse soul actually gets used.
    To be fair, a lot of clerics and mages don't know how to cleanse either.

make yourself a super aoe cleanser 9000 with a 20k latent blaze
    stormhak stormbar stormkvinde kagestorm stormelver

Cleansing doesn't give heal numbers on the scoreboards, don't you plebs know what matters?
    Last edited by Aveleys; 05-19-2014 at 03:07 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Motoboat View Post
    There is still hope zim! Mostly what i'm noticing with new healers is their lack of reading a frame of who's taking focus damage after you put a little pressure on them. You can attack them for a bit make them spam heal themselves and do the standard swap to some dps tender around them and drop them pretty quick.

There is still hope for the good cleric healers! <3
    Haha, still a glimmer! ;) Over time, the folks paying attention and able to anticipate will be fine regardless of which class. Keep em on their toes with the bait and switch!

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    Cleansing doesn't give heal numbers on the scoreboards, don't you plebs know what matters?
    drive for show, putt for dough...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast