+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Chest in stillmoor conquest

Telaran

Default Chest in stillmoor conquest

It's now several times I see this behaviour:

At the end of the conquest , the chest appears for the winners in the middle of the combat zone .
    For the conquest of Stillmoor it is in the eye of Regulos near a archilich .

BUT ...

The new pleasure for the losers is to prevent the winners having their bonuses.

One solution is to move this chest.
    Once the archilich is killed, the chest could move to the base camp of the winner. This will also solve the problem in case of equality because everyone return to base to receive his due.

It is certainly the pvp , but it's still a game, want to spoil the game of others seems to me contrary to the terms of use.

A pickup Pvp / conquest

Ascendant

This is not new and Trion does it on purpose. They like to watch how pvpers suffer :P
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

If you went PvE and outcapped the better team, you are supposed to suffer and get farmed at middle.
    <Barry McGuigan>
    Borivoje - Warrior R90
    Kutalion - Rogue R92
    Uesugi - Cleric R60

It was put in the Eye intentionally, so people would actually have to PvP for a bit in CQ, as opposed to the usual zerging.

At that point when the match ends, there's no objective other than kill the other team, since many people seem to hate objectives that don't directly involve offing another player.

Frankly the fights at the Eye are the most fun part about CQ for me. And it isn't because of the map, it's because of how people play it.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    It was put in the Eye intentionally, so people would actually have to PvP for a bit in CQ, as opposed to the usual zerging.

At that point when the match ends, there's no objective other than kill the other team, since many people seem to hate objectives that don't directly involve offing another player.

Frankly the fights at the Eye are the most fun part about CQ for me. And it isn't because of the map, it's because of how people play it.
    What fighting in pvp?? That shouldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by werebadger View Post
    The new pleasure for the losers is to prevent the winners having their bonuses.
    You are not following the zone event properly. If you look when it ends it says, "Collect your winnings or try to deny your foes from it!"

Or something like that. I mean, c'mon folks, the game says in clear writing "loot your winnings, or deny the winners". I think the intention is clear.
    Last edited by Violacea; 05-18-2014 at 10:42 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Telaran

It is quite too easy to just full aoe on the chest and waiting.
    You kill noboby, you earn quite nothing.

But if this is "as intended", I will do my best next time to avoid players to play.
    I do not want to remove this part from the conquest, but for example the last minute before the conquest finish, a dead looser should stay dead or leave the conquest.

You are all 90' with full pvp gear, so you do not care.
    But I thought pvp was player vs player ... what I see was not pvp. It is aoe on "grey" player to prevent they become as strong as you. You will have nothing more to easy kill if the other become stronger.
    But if player like me do not come in conquest, you will have to try to kill your mate to have pvp.

Enjoy your pvp.

But if this is "as intended", I will do my best next time to avoid players to play.
    I do not want to remove this part from the conquest, but for example the last minute before the conquest finish, a dead looser should stay dead or leave the conquest.
    it is already the case that only winners (or tied players) can respawn. losers can soul walk or get ressed, but respawning sends them to sanctum/meridian.

it is a battle of attrition that favors the winning team.

You are all 90' with full pvp gear, so you do not care.
    But I thought pvp was player vs player ... what I see was not pvp. It is aoe on "grey" player to prevent they become as strong as you. You will have nothing more to easy kill if the other become stronger.
    But if player like me do not come in conquest, you will have to try to kill your mate to have pvp.

Enjoy your pvp.
    it is the rank 90's who have the most to gain (and therefore the most to lose via denial) from the chest. the chest has a chance to drop Radiant Infinity Cells, which is the only way to upgrade p90 gear.

if you win and you want to loot, you need to do a little more than just click on a chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    it is already the case that only winners (or tied players) can respawn. losers can soul walk or get ressed, but respawning sends them to sanctum/meridian.

it is a battle of attrition that favors the winning team.

it is the rank 90's who have the most to gain (and therefore the most to lose via denial) from the chest. the chest has a chance to drop Radiant Infinity Cells, which is the only way to upgrade p90 gear.

if you win and you want to loot, you need to do a little more than just click on a chest.
    spot on as usual.

Rift Chaser

no point bringing this topic or issue up again. And as usual, they not going to do anything about it. Whether u like it or not, it is going to stay this way. Not happy with it, quit the game then.

Ascendant

It is the best part of CQ.

Find a nice place to die, then go do something else for a while and when you come back you will have received favor, prestige and contributions towards your weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    It is the best part of CQ.

Find a nice place to die, then go do something else for a while and when you come back you will have received favor, prestige and contributions towards your weekly.
    as an added bonus, if the game AFKs you out while your lying there dead and leaching, it ports you (alive) to tempest bay instead of your malthosian capital.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

I know how you feel! I entered a random warfront once, and while trying to click on the flag thing at the Codex (? I think that's the name) I was repeatedly killed by other players. Obvious griefing and I can't believe Trion allows this.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    as an added bonus, if the game AFKs you out while your lying there dead and leaching, it ports you (alive) to tempest bay instead of your malthosian capital.
    That's why you need a G19 keyboard!!

Sword of Telara

To me, the end is about the only time Conquest feels like it is a PvP zone...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast