+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Rated 5's Rewards

Default Rated 5's Rewards

Trion needs to motivate people to do these, my suggestion is that you guys implement a reward system based on the new PvP chest. My suggestion is giving 3 charges per day, 100 warlord marks for each charge. Trion could obviously do something different with the reward system but that's just an idea to start.

What does the community think?

Never will happen Daglar says no. A good analogy is
    Just like the campaign that was advertised in the past in Australia: Violence against women Australia says no!
    Well keep trying
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Ascendant

some kind of ladder would be nice but real rewards will not happen because it's too easy to abuse.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by SpellwarriorX View Post
    Never will happen Daglar says no. A good analogy is
    Just like the campaign that was advertised in the past in Australia: Violence against women Australia says no!
    Well keep trying
    i got u dawg
    Attached Images  
    stormhak stormbar stormkvinde kagestorm stormelver

could just make those fancy ranks that are tied to character show up on that weekly leaderboard thing and tie it to that fancy leaderboard function that mostly just measures activity.

though i guess that would mean they'd have to fix the part where it carries over stats from last week.

Ascendant

Good idea, but...

At this point not enough playerbase. Would just fail imo. After the same 3-4 teams stomp random players just queing for fun vs. max geared, PA'd, etc... perfect comp players it would end up how it is now; unused.

You need a large playerbase for people to be set in tiers. The arena is more like anyone can fight anyone, no matter how hardcore/casual, which is a fail in and of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Good idea, but...

At this point not enough playerbase. Would just fail imo. After the same 3-4 teams stomp random players just queing for fun vs. max geared, PA'd, etc... perfect comp players it would end up how it is now; unused.

You need a large playerbase for people to be set in tiers. The arena is more like anyone can fight anyone, no matter how hardcore/casual, which is a fail in and of itself.
    ye, could disable all but war PA for ranked PvP, i have no idea if the bolster system works but that should (assuming it works; which it probably doesn't) take care of gear - i'm fully aware that pug stomping is more alluring in this game to most though; and what playerbase of competetive players we had has dwindled significantly over time.

Good idea but not gonna happen ever for the simple fact of the way marketing works .
    giving more free Warlord marks means decreasing of the numbers on chest credit buyers
    and since the game changed into f2p this this will be against its rules .

But the need to give reward for 5s has raised alot lately looking at the comunity and the lack of motivation to PvP cause you can get bis gear buying chests while jumping in Tempest Bay and watching CQ tracker to join in last 50sec .. i know many freinds quite the game lately because of no challenge and the only pvp out there is noobs stomping in random WFs .
    I keel Em Too Fast !

Rift Disciple

Won't ever happen until the devs are ordered by the pve script kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Moirg View Post
    Trion needs to motivate people to do these, my suggestion is that you guys implement a reward system based on the new PvP chest. My suggestion is giving 3 charges per day, 100 warlord marks for each charge. Trion could obviously do something different with the reward system but that's just an idea to start.

While Trion should consider more ways for players to obtain PVP chests. Ranked 5s is definitely not the way to go. As mentioned in this thread, particularly with the population, it would equate to a slap in the face of what is left of the player base. Not to mention the vast potential to exploit.

Perhaps they could make more ways to obtain warlord marks through Conquest to encourage the min/max pvp crowd to step out of their confort zone and try their hand at leading, MPM.

~Cheers

Predict@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Marnos View Post
    While Trion should consider more ways for players to obtain PVP chests. Ranked 5s is definitely not the way to go. As mentioned in this thread, particularly with the population, it would equate to a slap in the face of what is left of the player base. Not to mention the vast potential to exploit.

Perhaps they could make more ways to obtain warlord marks through Conquest to encourage the min/max pvp crowd to step out of their confort zone and try their hand at leading, MPM.

~Cheers

Predict@Deepwood
    I don't say things opposite of you much bro but in terms of exploiting it's a mute point. As soon as they implemented chests that could be bought with credits all exploitation concerns flew out the window. If they were worried about someone walking in and getting everything in minutes, then they have since changed their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Marnos View Post

~Cheers

Predict@Deepwood
    No no no. Just because you need 130 other players to make yourself successful does not mean I do, something I've proven to you many times in the past. Continue to hide behind your pug zerg, and be dillusional. You're bad.

~Cheers

Moirg@Seastone
    Last edited by Moirg; 05-18-2014 at 08:01 AM.

I agree that rewards should be more (noticed I did not say better or exclusive...a.k.a arena style, lol).

The problem lies in, small population, smaller population that will do 5s and the exploit of win trading (for rewards). Certainly NO RiCs.

People come on and say they want this kinda of content, but after a month most the of people getting their backside handed to them...well, they go back to PuG stomping...it is easier. Then you have empty 5s again.

Myself and some others, offered a solution that Trion (we all know who, when we say "Trion" who that is...) refused it.

That was to, allow individual (or 2, 3, or 4s) ques for 5s and yes, you need to pick your role prior to entering (and keep it for 5s only). But since WoW does not do it that way, how can trion think outside the box?

Advantage, the "premade" coordinated and better team chemsitry (most likely). PuGs would have a role, but TS, vent, etc probably not...would be less geared (most likely) but would be bolstered.

Should be a win win, premades are out of regular WFs (giving relief to those that only like to PuG) and these premades still might get the easy ride (for those that need it), by the above mentioned que style or then again....

Anyway, more (not better or exclusive, unless fluff), would generate more interest WITH teams not having to have 5 ppl (in a small population game) every time they want to play it.
    Last edited by Lords0fpain; 05-18-2014 at 08:49 AM.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

You're bad.

~Cheers

Moirg@Seastone
    This explains why I'm mad.

~Thanks

Predict@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    I agree that rewards should be more (noticed I did not say better or exclusive...a.k.a arena style, lol).

The problem lies in, small population, smaller population that will do 5s and the exploit of win trading (for rewards). Certainly NO RiCs.

People come on and say they want this kinda of content, but after a month most the of people getting their backside handed to them...well, they go back to PuG stomping...it is easier. Then you have empty 5s again.

Myself and some others, offered a solution that Trion (we all know who, when we say "Trion" who that is...) refused it.

That was to, allow individual (or 2, 3, or 4s) ques for 5s and yes, you need to pick your role prior to entering (and keep it for 5s only). But since WoW does not do it that way, how can trion think outside the box?

Advantage, the "premade" coordinated and better team chemsitry (most likely). PuGs would have a role, but TS, vent, etc probably not...would be less geared (most likely) but would be bolstered.

Should be a win win, premades are out of regular WFs (giving relief to those that only like to PuG) and these premades still might get the easy ride (for those that need it), by the above mentioned que style or then again....

Anyway, more (not better or exclusive, unless fluff), would generate more interest WITH teams not having to have 5 ppl (in a small population game) every time they want to play it.
    Oh almost forgot the most IMPORTANT part...premade ques for random WFs NEED to go back to the way they were (at minimum)...
    Last edited by Lords0fpain; 05-18-2014 at 09:07 AM.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast