+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: The fallacy behind warrior pulls

Default The fallacy behind warrior pulls

Recently I've been hearing a lot of complaints about warriors pulling people over and over again. This is not possible. The warrior's target is debuffed with a DR type spell called "Grounded". What people are experiencing and do not realize is the cleric and mage pulls in the game. These classes do not recognize the warrior debuff Grounded and are subsequently able to pull you immediately after a warrior does so.

What I do not know is if clerics and mages have their own debuffs for pulls and if they also ignore each others debuff.

If you're interested on reading up on the Grounded debuff you can find it in my Rift Patch Compendium stickied at the top of the pvp forum group.

Quote Originally Posted by Tohrid View Post
    Recently I've been hearing a lot of complaints about warriors pulling people over and over again. This is not possible. The warrior's target is debuffed with a DR type spell called "Grounded". What people are experiencing and do not realize is the cleric and mage pulls in the game. These classes do not recognize the warrior debuff Grounded and are subsequently able to pull you immediately after a warrior does so.

What I do not know is if clerics and mages have their own debuffs for pulls and if they also ignore each others debuff.

If you're interested on reading up on the Grounded debuff you can find it in my Rift Patch Compendium stickied at the top of the pvp forum group.
    The warlord pull nerf has really changed game play for me. 30m to 20m doesn't sound big but it is. No more pulling people away from groups, no more aoe pulling off cliffs away from objectives....cry.

Quote Originally Posted by RainDogs View Post
    The warlord pull nerf has really changed game play for me. 30m to 20m doesn't sound big but it is. No more pulling people away from groups, no more aoe pulling off cliffs away from objectives....cry.
    yeah it was a huge nerf that never should have happened.to many bads cry murder and got us nerfed for no good reason.20 yard pull is to short/small they should at least make it 23.yes 3 yards would make a world of difference.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by RainDogs View Post
    I think it was 35m wasn't it? Yeah sorry, you shouldn't be able pull people when you're out of range to them.

Warriors...

From my experience "grounded" isn't an issue for mage tanks. Mage pulls have relatively long CDs though (45 sec and 1 min)
    Arrass@Derpwood
    Harass@DeepWood

knowing how this game is-i would not be surprised if clerics and mages do not have DR's/debuffs on there pulls.
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    yeah it was a huge nerf that never should have happened.to many bads cry murder and got us nerfed for no good reason.20 yard pull is to short/small they should at least make it 23.yes 3 yards would make a world of difference.
    Yeah the jumpback + pull doesn't work well now because out of range. Yeah I used to get the most "hack" complaints with pull so I think you are right about the nerf being caused by so many people complaining. 23 would help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ItzCrooK2UxD View Post
    From my experience "grounded" isn't an issue for mage tanks. Mage pulls have relatively long CDs though (45 sec and 1 min)
    so dont vk pulls..... both have 45 sec cds
    Last edited by butkus; 05-15-2014 at 11:09 AM.
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Plane Walker

lol warriors
    Luxie@greybriar
    Healmesloots@deepwood

It must be really hard having to be within 20m of someone to pull and melee them.

Tough times warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    It must be really hard having to be within 20m of someone to pull and melee them.

Tough times warriors.
    Ha! It is when they are up in spawn!

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post

Tough times warriors.
    I could care less really, bad people are still bad. The good ones will adapt and still get yelled at for hacking. It's being blamed for something that's not our fault that pisses me off.

I could care less really, bad people are still bad. The good ones will adapt and still get yelled at for hacking. It's being blamed for something that's not our fault that pisses me off.
    lol I gotcha. I just post trolly **** to get easy mode likes.

We also need a charge like this one.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb4r5vQM1yo

I am just glad they aimed to make MM re-treat a little less useless in light of warrior pulls against it.

Pulls/KB's really start to get under my skin when I melee though. Sometimes I literally have trouble staying in melee range cause someone is getting pulled and KB'd to no end. This is when I praise my non-DR charge/root abilities. Sometimes that small window of time is all you get with these ping pong warfronts as a melee .
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast