+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Debilitate Bugs/Ideas

Plane Walker

Default Debilitate Bugs/Ideas

Something is not right in PvP and I can't test every part of it. I'll do what I can. Please be honest and post the bugs you have found in the new system. I still have my doubts that the break free immunity is working properly.

Are roots combined with debilitate causing some kind of issue? Is the DR or break free immunity coded to prevent root and debil. when both are cast on you again?

If I use break free against a root can I be debil. during that immunity? Or is it just granting immunity to root?

Should break free immunity be extended to 10 seconds given how much stronger debilitate is vs. the old stuns?

Is debilitate breaking on damage for the abilities intended? Does that cause a DR?

Do we need to re-add break free and similar class abilities to our hot bars and macros?

Did you address the bug where all interrupts having a deaden-like debilitate attached to them? Is that avoiding DR?

Is DR working properly with AoE vs. ST CC abilities? Can I still be debil. by a melee immediately after a Dom/Cab's AoE CC wears off?

Are all soul's tree buffs to abilities working properly with the new debil.?

Is cleanse soul removing debilitate?

Besides Choking Gas Bomb, what debil. abilities are ignoring the target's DR?

etc, etc, etc...

I'm practicing this debilitating thing. Been firing up the SNES emulator. Randomly I drop my controller for 5 seconds with games on max difficulty. I always do good until I drop my controller and stop playing.

What to do with CC? Get rid of that devil mechanic altogether. It's obnoxious and skill-less. But that will never happen. I guess you could say old fighter games had CC because you could sort of daze people to the point where they have to jam buttons to get out of it. But you didn't just lay down a skill-less daze on them. You had to whoop on them steadily with several consecutive hits. You earned your CC. CC is just utterly skillless. LOL DROP A 6S DEBILITATE ON SOMEONE WITH NO BREAK FREE AND KILL THEM. I'd be impressed more if I died on my healer when I can hit buttons.

I'm so good at Rift.
    Last edited by Violacea; 05-15-2014 at 07:50 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Master

I guess I need some add-ons to help with keeping an eye on the timers. Or find out if there's a way to add time stamps with seconds to combat logs. On my mage yesterday in warfronts, it seemed I had no debilitate immunity after multiple debilitates. Also seemed like if there was any immunity granted after a break free use, it was too short to be noticeable. It felt like I was being debilitated every 5-10s, but pvp is fast paced and I didn't have anything on the screen to help me determine if what I subjectively felt was anywhere near accurate.

did a bit of testing

silences like deaden and weapon barrage still cannot be broken, and the same goes for disarms. regular stuns can still be broken.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Not sure on answers to the OP, but what I do know is that Debil is a joke and is still broken.

I get debil on my healing cleric all the time. Sometimes two three times in a row! Effectively stopping me from doing ANYTHING for anywhere from 2 to up to 7 seconds. It is plain ridiculous that this is possible.

Needless to say my healing capabilities have been slashed into oblivion by this crazy PvP change.

Mei

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I'm practicing this debilitating thing. Been firing up the SNES emulator. Randomly I drop my controller for 5 seconds with games on max difficulty. I always do good until I drop my controller and stop playing.

What to do with CC? Get rid of that devil mechanic altogether. It's obnoxious and skill-less. But that will never happen. I guess you could say old fighter games had CC because you could sort of daze people to the point where they have to jam buttons to get out of it. But you didn't just lay down a skill-less daze on them. You had to whoop on them steadily with several consecutive hits. You earned your CC. CC is just utterly skillless. LOL DROP A 6S DEBILITATE ON SOMEONE WITH NO BREAK FREE AND KILL THEM. I'd be impressed more if I died on my healer when I can hit buttons.

I'm so good at Rift.
    LOL, how can you even take yourself seriously?
    Fluent

Rift Master

Debilitated multiple times in one warfront, one of them was right after popping a break free. This mechanic....I hope it gets adjusted. It's so ridiculously broken. Also, the cc immunity was on me twice in one wf and still got cc'd. Break free was on cd but wasn't grayed out, so I assume it was a normal breakable cc.

Anyone know how different ccs are categorized now? Or point me to somewhere that this info is shown?

While we are on the topic of removing cc, cuz EZ mode, lets remove all forms of player utility. Charges, pulls, stealth, movement speed increase, kncokbacks, mana drains, kicks, fears, snares, and retreats.

Then the real skill can happen.

In my opinion a warfront should consist of 2 rows of players facing eachother and only damaging and healing.

Remove all support souls as well..
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzoar View Post
    While we are on the topic of removing cc, cuz EZ mode, lets remove all forms of player utility. Charges, pulls, stealth, movement speed increase, kncokbacks, mana drains, kicks, fears, snares, and retreats.

Then the real skill can happen.

In my opinion a warfront should consist of 2 rows of players facing eachother and only damaging and healing.

Remove all support souls as well..
    If you don't think debilitate is a freaking joke right now you must be on the giving end , trying getting it over and over again , I mean why Rez in a wf if I can't do crap the whole match , it's broken any argument saying it's fine is Ludacris

Rift Master

I don't take issue with cc being available in this game or any other. But debilitate is ridiculous the way its working right now. It doesn't trigger break free, and from what I see, using break free just prior to being hit with it has absolutely 0 effect. The cc immunity I get from perseverance (inq build) doesn't help either. Debilitate seems akin to another game's 'paralyze' which basically amounts to an 'i win' button because it cannot be countered. You can't run, you can't break out of it, you can't cleanse it, it doesn't break on damage, and you can't pre-shield yourself for enough to absorb the damage you will take before you time out of it.

You cannot break free from any debilitate.

You can, however, be stunned/snared and then debilitated and your break free WILL break out of the debilitate ONLY because you can break free from the stun/snare which cancels out the debilitate.

So if you debilitate someone and some other poopy mcpooperson uses a CC on them, they've effectively ruined your debilitate cd.

Ascendant

Actually, you can break a debilitate with break free, but saboteur debilitate cannot be broken.

Its weird...
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Quote Originally Posted by dongaconda View Post
    If you don't think debilitate is a freaking joke right now you must be on the giving end , trying getting it over and over again , I mean why Rez in a wf if I can't do crap the whole match , it's broken any argument saying it's fine is Ludacris
    Im not saying it doesnt need a fix. My post was in reply to those who feel CC should be removed entirely.

Im on the fence right now because I cant figure out the bigger problem given the current forum disputes. We either cant kill anything because cross healing OR we cant heal because broken CC.

Maybe trion is fixing one problem with another? Who knows.
    Last edited by Pocketzoar; 05-17-2014 at 05:43 PM.
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Actually, you can break a debilitate with break free, but saboteur debilitate cannot be broken.

Its weird...
    That's incorrect. Go test it in a pvp dimension and you'll see. What you're experiencing is other CC that you can break free that is breaking the dib. Although, you can walk out of the gas deb, I think... I'll have to test.
    Last edited by Riane; 05-17-2014 at 06:47 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    That's incorrect. Go test it in a pvp dimension and you'll see. What you're experiencing is other CC that you can break free that is breaking the dib. Although, you can walk out of the gas deb, I think... I'll have to test.
    Ahh, yes you are right.
    You can walk out of Saboteur's debilitate.
    It also does not trigger again if you walk back into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast