+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: SOLUTION to add PVP to Steppes

Default SOLUTION to add PVP to Steppes

Unanimously agreed, the relocation of the chest(s) to the eye in SM CQ is one of the best PVP experiences Rift has to offer. With this in mind, I propose the following:

Reduce the number of chest spawns in Steppes to one
    Randomize which fort the one chest will spawn in

This will encourage ten minutes of hardcore bloodshed and incentive-based, player-against-player conflict every match. It will also prompt the teams to think a bit further beyond simply running up the score, since they will have to be concerned about the "what happens next."

~Cheers

Predict@Deepwood

actually a good idea. *cough legit bump*

Though maybe bump the time to get to it a bit? Or show it on the map? Might take some time to get run from one for to the other. Sometimes simply giving whatever premade decided to just camp the castle per usual a great advantage.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 05-14-2014 at 08:00 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Put the chest on top of a jumping puzzle at the center of the map. That would be even more hilarious.
    Last edited by Planetx; 05-14-2014 at 08:04 AM.

Rift Chaser

Yesh to this, make a 'king of the hill' area in between the two forts with the chest on the top and automatically port the losing team to the chest and the winning team to one of the forts. uphill battle zomg.
    Last edited by Nefertari; 05-14-2014 at 08:06 AM.

Great suggestion
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Quote Originally Posted by Marnos View Post
    Unanimously agreed, the relocation of the chest(s) to the eye in SM CQ is one of the best PVP experiences Rift has to offer.
    Sounds like PvE to me

Plane Touched

Default Yep

Good suggestion - Although I doubt it will happen since it caters to those who want the loot automatically when they win.

Plane Walker

I like the idea but I don't think this will improve your favor farming in CQ Steppes. The matches are way too one sided for the losing teams to move out of their base at timer.

Actually a pretty good idea and would make Steppes CQ better, but so much more needs to be fixed.

1) The scoring in Steppes discourages PvP, and it is way to easy for a PvE centric team to amass an insurmountable lead while the other teams are PvPing. Perhaps scoring should be changed so that each team loses points when another team makes a kill. This encourages teams to not forsake the reason they pressed the K button, and get in there and kill players.

2) The 5 minute timer should provide timer for a team to come back from behind as in Stillmoor. As it stands the 5 minute timer really means nothing. Just enough time to check and see if my alts can get on a winning team, rather than to see if the team I get can win.

A big part of what makes Stillmoor fun is that teams can completely focus on PvP and wiping the other team pretty much all the way up until timer and can be a legitimate contender for a win even with 0% at the 5 minute timer.

3) The introduction of a mercy rule would also make Steppes more forgiving. Once a team is behind by 5k points they have already given up, players have left and the match is more or less won. Starting timer @ 10k points seems pointless since the other 2 teams are already unable to win anyways (it is a mathematical impossibility to even recover from a 5k deficit in the 5 minute timer).

4) The rewards for conquest are a joke, and should be addressed. With new RNG gear that drops from what the players in my own circle of friends affectionately call P2W boxes, there is no reason for PvPers to not get PvP rewards including Depleted Shards, consumables, greater essences and trinkets. Very little irks me more than spending an hour in conquest to find my PvE "reward" for winning and dominating my foe. I mean 150 ESM? If I was interested in accumulating ESM's I would be running experts and not CQ.

All of these things combined make Steppes CQ unappealing for a lot of people, myself included.
    Arrass@Derpwood
    Harass@DeepWood

Ascendant

Unanimously agreed, the relocation of the chest(s) to the eye in SM CQ is one of the best PVP experiences Rift has to offer.

That isn't very encouraging.

Trion must have screwed up the game far worse than I thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    That isn't very encouraging.

Trion must have screwed up the game far worse than I thought...
    You know you want to come back to get in on some of this sweet chest action; be warned, however, when the dust settles... you will once again be a patron.

~Cheers

Predict@Deepwood

Ascendant

You know you want to come back to get in on some of this sweet chest action; be warned, however, when the dust settles... you will once again be a patron.

~Cheers

Predict@Deepwood
    I do play on occasion, but patch 2.7 made PvP MUCH less enjoyable.

BTW, sweet chest action implies something more enjoyable. You are misleading the forum readers.
    Last edited by Tookmyjob; 05-14-2014 at 02:53 PM.

u want to stroke my chest hair?

Quote Originally Posted by mistacrowley420 View Post
    u want to stroke my chest hair?
    I'll stroke some chest hair.

Default Steppes is a PvP map

Quote Originally Posted by ItzCrooK2UxD View Post

A big part of what makes Stillmoor fun is that teams can completely focus on PvP and wiping the other team pretty much all the way up until timer and can be a legitimate contender for a win even with 0% at the 5 minute timer.
    The reason for this is because Stillmoor is ultimately a PvE map. The only way a team will come back from 0% is by PvE'ing and avoiding PvP. Think about the calls at the 5 minute mark: "all dps specs" and "avoid PvP".

Given that, the solution to Steppes is tweaking the existing PvE objectives and/or adding more PvE objectives. The solution isn't more focused PvP at the end.

When I first heard about Steppes I imagined a large scale version of Whitefall mixed with Stockpile mode Black Garden except with three teams. Stones spawn in the middle ala Stockpile mode (in between the forts, not in the middle of the forts) and three teams duke it out to control one of the spawn points and then establish a route to a fort for extraction.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast