+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Trion can you turn off the new CQ instead of ranked 5vs5?

Ascendant

Default Trion can you turn off the new CQ instead of ranked 5vs5?

Im sure lot's of players will be happy. New CQ is just a one sided PvE fest. Should have at least try to improve it if you want to keep it on.

1. Reduce the amount of points required to win to 5000.
    2. Remove premades from this CQ or add a buff for losing teams which get stronger the more they are behind. This will allow pugs to at least get closer. They will still lose at the end because buff will turn off when the difference between points get's even. However it will no longer be very one sided match.
    3. Make stones spawn in random places instead of inside the castle. This will make it harder to camp them.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    Im sure lot's of players will be happy. New CQ is just a one sided PvE fest. Should have at least try to improve it if you want to keep it on.

1. Reduce the amount of points required to win to 5000.
    2. Remove premades from this CQ or add a buff for losing teams which get stronger the more they are behind. This will allow pugs to at least get closer. They will still lose at the end because buff will turn off when the difference between points get's even. However it will no longer be very one sided match.
    3. Make stones spawn in random places instead of inside the castle. This will make it harder to camp them.
    pretty good points.
    i wholeheartedly support this (who cares, lol, i'll just hop in at the last moment, and loot chest or leave, depending on LUCK.)

Plane Walker

Agreed. I'm done with it.

CQ Stillmoor is fun because it's faster and all three teams still have a chance at timer.

CQ Steppes is always one sided and there is no chance for any other team at timer. I can't remember a close match after the first week when PMs still did not understand the importance of footholds. Now even the PM leaders do not want to waste their time in it.

CQ Steppes is a game setup for two teams. Try removing Dominion (you know the graveyard one). Try increasing the point value of sourcestones when timer hits. But please just remove it for now.

Prophet of Telara

I think it can work well if you manipulate the source stone values. If for instance you are the highest faction you get 1 point per sec. If you are middle faction you get 3 points per and if you are lowest point faction you get 5 points per sec. If you are highest faction you don't minus points from other factions. If you are second highest you don't minus points from the lowest faction and if you are lowest faction you minus more points from highest faction than middle faction.

Like upgrade wardstones as lowest point faction.
    -5 from highest point faction
    -2 from second higest
    +5 for your faction

If you are second highest
    -0 lowest
    +3

Highest
    +1

YMMV .. I don't really know how many points you get per second.. but this will probably make the game interesting.. and make it closer toward the end if players of the lower factions do splits.

Then lower the cap to 5500.
    Last edited by Planetx; 05-14-2014 at 06:45 AM.

Wow, ppl now like SM CQ...guess that happens when you are forced to do even wrose content...brightside of steppes, you can actually loot the chest on a win and the losers can still go farm kills...at least they got that right.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

From a PvP standpoint, between the lesser of the two evils I will always take the Steppes of Infinity over Stillmoor Conquest. Hitting other players>hitting extractors. When it comes to wanting a win though, there are some issues like you pointed out.
    Last edited by Baramos; 05-14-2014 at 06:50 AM.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

It was a great move. People were complaining about CQ when it was just Stillmoor. Best way to change that is to make an even worse CQ so everyone starts liking Stillmoor CQ instead.

Steppes CQ is the best way to show how premades are ruling the game. At least in Stillmoor, even if one side gets the most kills (usually the premade side), another side can still win through good extractor capturing at timer. In steppes CQ, from the start to the end, it's the premade that rules.
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

Rift Disciple

I don't really do CQ anymore as it's just poor design at every level. But don't worry Trion want you to experience every part of the game regardless how crap it is.

Imagine if they released a raid with pvp aspects. Like 2 raid teams meet at a crossroad and the losing team is locked out for a week. Could see that being fixed in about 2 hours after the script kiddies zerg the forums.
    Last edited by Grumpypants; 05-14-2014 at 08:37 AM.

i think we should just disable conquest altogether, or move it to a PvE tab instead.

I think the more vocal players who claim that Stillmoor is a better CQ environment than Steppes feel so due to it being a more familiar setting. It took me two years to teach my parents to set up the VCR, and 20 years later teaching them the DVR system is a fruitless endeavor. The point being, some situations seem so alien they dissuade those involved from learning regardless of how intelligent they are.

Steppes is set up to promote pvp imo, and when everyone gets accustomed to the flow of it this will happen. The stones in transit are indicated on the map- this should encourage a team to intercept rather than just wait in the base, as its rather easy to preoccupy one team with an initial charge while the stone carriers make their deposit.

We all know the locations of the dream generator spawn points by this time, which should encourage small groups to guard those locations rather than wait until they spawn- which just becomes a race to those with that objective in mind.

Sure the majority of Steppes outcomes seem one-sided, but I've also seen pugs defeat pms & more close games recently, so I'm guessing that more players are adjusting to the flow of Steppes CQ.

Seems many of the domineering teams still cling to the simple concept of make a few scoring runs, then choose to go on the defensive to intercept stones from rival teams. After the timer begins in Stillmoor CQ, it is common practice for two teams to focus on the extractors of the team with the current high percentage, yet in Steppes I rarely see two teams focus on the current lead in any organized fashion. When this becomes the norm, I think more competitive games will arise.

Honestly, I think the main reason some seem overwhelmed by the Steppes environment is due to the notion that it requires MULTIPLE groups of various sizes & objectives to ensure a victory in competitive matches. This would require either multitasking on the part of those providing direction to the team, or maybe delegation of "team leaders" of a sort to lead smaller groups for dream generators, base defense, etc.

Ascendant

People people people.

Daglar already made a thread concerning CQ and its results were overwhelmingly pointing to the fact the masses didnt even want to bother joining CQ once a week just to maintain CQ power.

He then consequently ignored his own thread.

Pvp attention at its finest level.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    People people people.

Daglar already made a thread concerning CQ and its results were overwhelmingly pointing to the fact the masses didnt even want to bother joining CQ once a week just to maintain CQ power.

Hah, so true.

I just wish there was a way to get those marks from any other means besides CQ. Maybe I would bother with the lvl 60 PvP grind then but hell if I'm going to do CQ.

Hopefully conquest gets better because obviously it isn't going to get deleted. I wouldn't mind having 0 updates in content for pvp, as long as there was a serious effort to make the current content better. Conquest and rng boxes the gateway for progression, it is enough to turn off anyone playing rift for this content after a while. The same maps, the same objectives and the same zerg omg. The pvp content is so damm boring. How static can the objectives be? For example, if there were a set number of possible extractor locations in stillmoor and a random extractors for each match it be more interesting. Same with the new conquest, if the extractors (to reverse polarity) were changed every 5mins to 1 of the 4 in A or B (instead of all 4) it would be more interesting. I'm not saying such changes would make the content good but maybe better. It is hard to believe it is so hard to make the content more tolerable in this game...
    Last edited by SpellwarriorX; 05-15-2014 at 02:07 AM.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

People people people.

GUYS SHOULD I REMOVE CQ POWER? LOL

"Resounding absolutely yes, don't hestitate to do so"

JK LOL DAGLARLOLOLOLOLOLofgkmojfngisufnvo

Rift Disciple

People people people.

he didn't ignore it he is thinking of a new pve cq map or artifacts and mounts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast