+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Please tell me it's just the low level PvP that's bad

Soulwalker

Default Please tell me it's just the low level PvP that's bad

So. I have lost nearly every single PVP match I've played. Now when I say lost I mean LOST. This is like me challenging Magnus Carlsen to a game of chess.

Is the matchmaking system F'd? Our team never seems to have a healer, but always 3 or 4 tanks. The enemy team is always sporting at least one cleric, highest level in the PvP tier and ranged DPS that will eat me alive if I try to focus the healer. (Not that it matters, because unless I can one shot him/her, he/she will either one-shot heal to full or have the other healer do so) You may say this is hyperbole, or I am only picking out my losses and ignoring my winnings but it is entirely untrue.

You can say I am an incompetent player, but I doubt it, I was ranked in the top 500 players in America for WoW arena. My team was second best on our server. I understand how to PVP, or at least I think I do. i know when I've been outplayed, and I don't deny it when it happens. Something isn't right here.

I should mention I am a tank. A Riftstalker. I love it (When I have a healer, which is never) I have decent survivability when I'm not being cremated by 9 pyromancers, and I can stay on someones ***** like nothing! But my team crumbles around me and can't kill and damn thing because of either INSANE one shot heals, or ridiculous enemy players literally soloing my team (AKA; Being level 20 in a 29 match and getting 60k player dmg)

Please help.

Thank you.

Some people really like low level pvp, I found it pretty bad compared to level 60.

riftstalker is a bad pvp spec though. Try MM if you want to kill things, or you can play physician and heal yourself.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    Some people really like low level pvp, I found it pretty bad compared to level 60.

riftstalker is a bad pvp spec though. Try MM if you want to kill things, or you can play physician and heal yourself.
    Really? It seems so viable.

Also UPDATE: I won a match. Conclusion: Insane healer that did insane healing.

Quote Originally Posted by warwallace View Post
    Really? It seems so viable.

Also UPDATE: I won a match. Conclusion: Insane healer that did insane healing.
    There's really nothing viable about it.

If you want a more defensive melee spec you can mix rs with sin for a hybrid.

Riftstalker is as useless in PvP as you can get.
    <Barry McGuigan>
    Borivoje - Warrior R90
    Kutalion - Rogue R92
    Uesugi - Cleric R60

Rift PvP is just bad overall.
    Even free cost too much now

Telaran

I thought pvp pre-60 was some of the best pvp I ever played. the gear people have is all pretty much equal. (Basically whatever gear you pick up questing). I leveled my mage entirely from 10-60 through pvp alone. I was at the top or at least top 3 of damage and kills every match. Then I hit lvl 60 and it was like hitting a concrete wall in terms of fun. I was at the bottom of the dps, I found myself in the graveyard more than I was actually playing. My damage suffered greatly compared to WAY better geared players.

Pre-60 pvp to me was without a doubt good times..

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang

i love the fact that you call out your team for having tanks when you are playing one yourself.

riftstalker is not a good soul to be using if u wanna kill peeps. assasin mm are pretty good at low llv pvp dont know about nb.

if u wanna spec into riftstalker for some endurance thats fine but you should not be using it as your main soul.

Soulwalker

Coming from a new lvl 60 I'd say pre level 60 PvP (especially 50-54 and 55- 59) were the best and most fun I had in warfronts as most people had basically the same gears.

Hitting lvl 60 completely changes everything. Even though most of your equips get bolstered to freelance equips be prepared to do absolutely no damage to other lvl 60's in wfs lol

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    That's a compliment too!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpypants View Post
    That's a compliment too!
    consistency is key

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by warwallace View Post
    So. I have lost nearly every single PVP match I've played. Now when I say lost I mean LOST. This is like me challenging Magnus Carlsen to a game of chess.

Is the matchmaking system F'd? Our team never seems to have a healer, but always 3 or 4 tanks. The enemy team is always sporting at least one cleric, highest level in the PvP tier and ranged DPS that will eat me alive if I try to focus the healer. (Not that it matters, because unless I can one shot him/her, he/she will either one-shot heal to full or have the other healer do so) You may say this is hyperbole, or I am only picking out my losses and ignoring my winnings but it is entirely untrue.

You can say I am an incompetent player, but I doubt it, I was ranked in the top 500 players in America for WoW arena. My team was second best on our server. I understand how to PVP, or at least I think I do. i know when I've been outplayed, and I don't deny it when it happens. Something isn't right here.

I should mention I am a tank. A Riftstalker. I love it (When I have a healer, which is never) I have decent survivability when I'm not being cremated by 9 pyromancers, and I can stay on someones ***** like nothing! But my team crumbles around me and can't kill and damn thing because of either INSANE one shot heals, or ridiculous enemy players literally soloing my team (AKA; Being level 20 in a 29 match and getting 60k player dmg)

Please help.

Thank you.
    Keep at it.

Pyros are pretty strong(OP) until the 50s and rogues don't start getting strong until about 40+(for most builds). Playing a tank in Rift PvP isn't usually that beneficial unless you're some Warlord/Pally hybrid or something like that. If you have the new souls, maybe try out Physician as maybe that's a better calling for rogues earlier on. In my experience my rogue was just really squishy with subpar damage until the 40 bracket. Other than that, the 50s brackets are the best PvP Rift has to offer imo.

Champion

------------------------------------------------

Drawing the line. Everyone above got trolled.

Quote Originally Posted by Xzerk View Post
    Coming from a new lvl 60 I'd say pre level 60 PvP (especially 50-54 and 55- 59) were the best and most fun I had in warfronts as most people had basically the same gears.

Hitting lvl 60 completely changes everything. Even though most of your equips get bolstered to freelance equips be prepared to do absolutely no damage to other lvl 60's in wfs lol
    Very true, this is why I don't see the point in taking a long grind through pvp mid tiers as a good way to spend time in the game. The real grind for pvp gear begins at 60 so get there faster doing the quest lines while getting the faction you need anyway. Runes and Orbs will close the gear gap faster than the pvp gear grind so getting to the levels where you can earn the items and tokens faster is another reason I like the idea of getting 60 faster. You need to do CQ, you need to earn stones for crystals, need faction to buy certain runes and all of this is the basic stuff I do for my three toons I pvp with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast