+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By asianguywithacamera
  • 2 Post By RobXIII
  • 1 Post By asianguywithacamera
  • 1 Post By Redhead

Thread: Where Did They Move the Stealth Detection Tools to?

Rift Chaser

Default Where Did They Move the Stealth Detection Tools to?

I used to have a really crappy Beastlord build, just to find that pesky perma-invis rogue during PeeVeePee times. I recently came back, and see they revamped all the souls.

Where'd all the stealth detection talents go? Beastlord used to have it, and it was pretty decent like 10m or so. Do any souls have some sort of stealth detection?
    Matryarch <FoH>
    Manabane
    Derpwood Server
    - A True PVPer has more fun losing 95-100 than winning 100-1

Removed.

Inbeforenerfroguescomments

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    Removed.

Inbeforenerfroguescomments
    Oh. Was an actual rogue harmed, and that's why it had to go?

It was an incredibly bad spec, even unmasking the rogue, I would die to him in seconds. My Liberator / Beastlord build I run with now is just as fragile, but those buffs are tasty.. mmm
    Matryarch <FoH>
    Manabane
    Derpwood Server
    - A True PVPer has more fun losing 95-100 than winning 100-1

I think the player base have been asking to bring this back and give the pet class the ability to detect stealth. BM and ELEM could use some pvp love.

Consumables that increase the chance are nice, as well.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

meh just remove perma stealth and make it unbreakable for it's few seconds that its up.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    meh just remove perma stealth and make it unbreakable for it's few seconds that its up.
    Don't worry, they will take the Eq2 route except make it a store. The game could have items crafted that let you see stealth or invis. Which totally made PvP funny, you'd see a transparent body moving along the edge of a CTF map as if nobody actually used the pots.

This could be your game one day.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Chaser

Anything that is unfair to rogue are all removed! Now u should know wad class to play in RIFT.

Stealth detection tools in Rift are like those old dusty photographs you find in your grandparent's attic. Images of another time, whatever value they brought to Rift PvP is gone.

Stealth itself remains sacrosanct. Akin to an ancient scroll hanging inside a temple. Many Rogues will tell you that the whole world - at least the part of the world they listen to - agrees that it must be this way. A preeminent ability with no real counter outside of AoE spam.
    Who is John Galt?

I think the player base have been asking to bring this back and give the pet class the ability to detect stealth. BM and ELEM could use some pvp love.
    Why? Just AOE spam or walk around, you can see if a Sin is moving near you, because he will flash then disappear
    A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. -Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Redhead View Post
    Why? Just AOE spam or walk around, you can see if a Sin is moving near you, because he will flash then disappear
    OR or, you can run around like a idiot and watch him fail to hit you and it cancels his attack and his stealth breaks, Had this happen 3 times today, was quite marvelous.
    A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. -Lao Tzu

Most sins will have hidden veil up so if they are hit, they won't be visible for 15s. I use Elusiveness when I close in on a target so I have 5s to dance around them without detection.

Most sins will have hidden veil up so if they are hit, they won't be visible for 15s. I use Elusiveness when I close in on a target so I have 5s to dance around them without detection.
    Ah darn, I thought elusiveness was just like a extra 5s added to hidden veil if you activated it at the right moment. I dont think I have ever seen a sin use that on me, because I always see them before they attack me just my turning around reaction is slow sometimes

Ah darn, I thought elusiveness was just like a extra 5s added to hidden veil if you activated it at the right moment. I dont think I have ever seen a sin use that on me, because I always see them before they attack me just my turning around reaction is slow sometimes
    If you use kalert, I'd suggest making an alert when you are debuffed with Expose Weakness. That's a good indication a Sin is about to attack from stealth (or at least a competent one). I'll pop Elusiveness from about 6m then Expose Weakness, then open with Jagged Strike, Impale, Puncture. By then Serpent Strike will proc and then I go through my rotation. I'll use Poison Malice once the person realizes they're taking damage.

+ Reply to Thread