+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Please remove/change Port Scion

Plane Touched

Default Please remove/change Port Scion

Honestly. This is the worst wf in the game. I absolutely hate everything about it. The design is decent, but the game play to it is terrible. Any thoughts on how they could change it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jast View Post
    Honestly. This is the worst wf in the game. I absolutely hate everything about it. The design is decent, but the game play to it is terrible. Any thoughts on how they could change it?
    1. ''The gameplay in Port Scion is terrible, change it.''

2. ''How is it terrible?''

1. ''...''

1. ''change it pls''
    Last edited by Yaarielle; 05-12-2014 at 03:35 PM.
    Yaarissime@Greybriar, lvl 65 cleric (taking a pause from the game)
    Chewgi@Greybriar, lvl 60 warrior
    Greanie@Hailol, lvl 60 rogue
    Youshallnotpass@Hailol, lvl 20 mage

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jast View Post
    More boundaries when for main arteries, from spawn to bridge when friendly extraction nodes die. Force people to run around different paths.
    --BC

Rift Disciple

My soul recall fixes it....

Ascendant

Lower the amount of points required to win from 1000 to 500.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    Lower the amount of points required to win from 1000 to 500.
    That would turn it into a PvE race. First team to kill idols (or whatever they're called on Defiant/Red side) and the two NPCs (boss in church and the drake thingy) and then it's only left to run couple of stones and/or kill NPCs on top floor in church. Would be close to how Scion used to be, when the winning team was the team that first killed the other team's boss... was rather boring and nothing that reminded of PvP.

I love the map and I don't want to see it gone. And Scion can be fun. I've had some really good battles there, but it's probably also the WF that made me rage and frustrate most as well.

Telaran

Scion's that fun place to work on your kill streaks...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    That would turn it into a PvE race. First team to kill idols (or whatever they're called on Defiant/Red side) and the two NPCs (boss in church and the drake thingy) and then it's only left to run couple of stones and/or kill NPCs on top floor in church. Would be close to how Scion used to be, when the winning team was the team that first killed the other team's boss... was rather boring and nothing that reminded of PvP.

I love the map and I don't want to see it gone. And Scion can be fun. I've had some really good battles there, but it's probably also the WF that made me rage and frustrate most as well.
    This what would force players to actually spread away from mid and protect objectives. 1 group would have to guard it, second would have to go for source stone and 3rd would go for bridge.

As it is now there's only bridge and source stone. Idols are still attacked but their value is not as big, since you can still get more points if you control mid + sourcestones.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Only good thing about Port Scion is the insane amount of Prestige and Favor you can earn from them, I remember earning 9k favor and approx 13k prestige from a match(without vials). Not to mention it's the laggiest(fps lag) part of rift i have ever experienced. It's annoying on the losing side, because you have to sit there and lose for about 15-30 minutes, It's pretty dull, and the timer need to be cut aswell, 1 hour(i think thats the correct timer) is a little long, I have never had over a 30 minute match
    A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. -Lao Tzu

I actually like Port Scion a lot as it provides a clear insight into the level of tactical awareness players have. Oh, the opposition is in control of the bridge spawn point. Should I

a) keep attacking it from the south through narrow choke-points where I'll get repeatedly AOE'd to death providing the opposition with a never-ending supply of favour and prestige whilst they win the match or
    b) ride around to the church side, and attack them from the more open plaza area, also allowing me access to the church and their stone carriers

I also see a lot of teams that simply do not know that destroying the opposition's idols / planars reduces the points value of the stones the opposition get home.

Just because Scion isn't a simplistic "let's all mash each other up in a small area" like Black Garden doesn't make it a bad warfront. What can make it bad is when you end up on a team of people that haven't the slightest idea of tactics, who won't listen when you try to enlighten them, your soul recall is on cooldown and you have to resign yourself to a 20 minute losing match, or a 15 minute deserter debuff.

Shadowlander

i personally like port scion...yes 1000 points is a bit too long but the xp and prestige is very nice (with or w/o vials) but if they should get rid of any WF then it should be the lvl 60 black garden (capture the fang) that is WAAAYY one sided....1st when it starts you have a good 3-4 minute AOEfest over the fang then when one side does get the fang it's pretty much over...black garden capture the flag is fun though i like that one better

PS is okay. It can take a long time if you're on a team that wants to attack south bridge relentlessly all game. All you can really do there is wave at their runners going to score. IMV, the church being the most important place then the churchyard is critical not the bridge. Flood the churchyard, then take the church and you'll be way more effective as a team. Secondly, defend your idols or planar things. Kills don't mean much if you don't have a grasp of the winning strategy. It's fun when the team works. Drags when it don't.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Rift Disciple

The problem with the bloody thing is that there is no insight into the mechanics of it whatsoever, no explanation and/or tutorial for new players. Lets make a map with bosses, planar things, cap points, sourcestones, other NPC's with multiple paths multiple focuses in multiple areas, then just throw people in it for the first time and every time after that and gl hf with that, Really?

Perfect example? The Karthan Ridge where you take the sourcestones from mid to enemy points to blow them up, where 90% PUG games the players take the sourcestones back to their own sides and every time without fail type in chat "where do i take the stone guys?".

Can you blame them? No-one explains anything, it goes from every WF taking the objective back to your side, to at around lvl 45 WF to have to take it to the enemy side all of a sudden.

Then times that by 20 since since there's so much more going on in PS, and that's PS summed up.
    Last edited by whiskiz; 05-14-2014 at 07:50 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Falsifier View Post
    black garden capture the flag is fun though i like that one better
    It's a King of the Hill map, not Capture the Flag. Unless you mean the other, OTHER black garden, then... that's still not really Capture the Flag.

The Capture the Flag map was the most hated Warfront, more so then Scion ever has been, and permanently removed.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    This what would force players to actually spread away from mid and protect objectives. 1 group would have to guard it, second would have to go for source stone and 3rd would go for bridge.

As it is now there's only bridge and source stone. Idols are still attacked but their value is not as big, since you can still get more points if you control mid + sourcestones.
    No... it used to be that way. NPC objectives gave more credit for completing them. The PS maps would be nothing but a race. Nobody would defend and it was all down to who can do it faster. I can't count how many PS runs I did during that time where I never saw so much as another player.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast