+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: [Video] Stormcaller\Ele, Welcome to Nuketown!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by eniac View Post
    No, it actually does not really - the only time gcd matters is during the burst, when you fire off icicle and follow up with storm bolt - whatever spell will replace icicle, the window there will be increased by .5 seconds. But, no more electrified debuffing, no more ice shear. You can now just go cristalline missiles -> icy carapace, a 3s buildup time compared to at least 4.5s now, and only if you have electric charge up - otherwise you will need a whole 7.1s. That's a huge improvement!

The thing that bothers me currently is that i can't find any cast time reduction in the new sc - that means lightning strike going back up to 2.5s cast time.

And tt, yeah the spec is pretty reliable on your enemies having no clue what you are doing to them, i've had a few game where a sent spammed dispel on everything and completely denied my damage. Luckily, this is the exception, as i had not much problem getting my combo off most of the time.
    Actually, Storm Locust:
    Storm Locus (40 Points) Curses the enemy, applying a debuff to up to 8 enemies within 7m increasing damage they receive from the Mage by 20%. This damage amount is reduced by 2% for each enemy affected beyond the first. Reapplies itself to another enemy within 10m if the initial target dies. Lasts 30s. Does not generate threat. Instant.
    ...seems to be the replacement for Ice Shears. That multiple-target reduction hurts a lot though. If its not oGCD, you will still have to devote another 1.5s GCD on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xallista View Post
    Actually, Storm Locust:

...seems to be the replacement for Ice Shears. That multiple-target reduction hurts a lot though. If its not oGCD, you will still have to devote another 1.5s GCD on that.
    You're right - still tied to the buildup time with electric charge and still superior to it without, though.

I wouldn't call this spec the awp of rift. Its more like a flintlock rifle. lol.

And tt, yeah the spec is pretty reliable on your enemies having no clue what you are doing to them, i've had a few game where a sent spammed dispel on everything and completely denied my damage. Luckily, this is the exception, as i had not much problem getting my combo off most of the time.
    The spec doesn't even have pushback reduction, does it? So OP!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    The spec doesn't even have pushback reduction, does it? So OP!
    Yes, it does not, but it looks like pushback has been either nerfed to the ground or is affected by some passive. I've looked again, and in the first scene i seem to get a clean lightning strike off on the harb, even though multiple players are hitting me. weird.

Yes, it does not, but it looks like pushback has been either nerfed to the ground or is affected by some passive. I've looked again, and in the first scene i seem to get a clean lightning strike off on the harb, even though multiple players are hitting me. weird.
    Yeah I saw that too, which confused me a bit. I know pushback isn't completely disabled in PvP because Chloro still gets it on Wild Growth and Natural Splendour. Maybe there's a hidden anti-pushback attribute on Mental Fortitude or something, idk.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    and 99% of pvpers in rift are incompetent morons so you should be destroying people, unless you are one of those 99% that is, in that case you play a Warlord or a Rogue.
    Fixed that for you.
    Last edited by Zindrix; 05-15-2014 at 10:37 PM.

Ascendant

Most Rogues and Warriors only have two buttons on their keyboards. There is a reason why they choose those callings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    Most Rogues and Warriors only have two buttons on their keyboards. There is a reason why they choose those callings.
    Yeah not everyone has 10 fingers, show some respect to chucky.

Ascendant

Old Chucky would be better at Rogue than he was at that other habit.... Playing Rogue is even easier than that.

Plane Touched

Whatever.

A Pyrochon (or even the lowly Pyro) would be better than this build 99% of the time.

The op continues to undermine the viability of mages by posting pocket healed crap (like this) or 1 vs. 1 builds (harb/chloro 3x/3x)

Denying a Pyrochon is better than this build is fultile (even if there were 7 on the same team).

Good job giving unwarranted nerf arguments to the rogue and war crowd.

(Didnt see you killing a r90 Physician btw. I know this build is meant to kill noobs, but people have taken it as a serious, viable, build. -That- is your damage to the mage class)

Yeah, it's the one and only addon i ever made. It was kind of hyped for a short time and then forgotten, i guess the normal pvper just can't handle Saia's manly presence. Only the true, hardcore Saia fans might still use it. More information here.
    I never downloaded it, but it is clearly one of the greatest adds on ever made. That guy was such a terrible. I briefly watched the vid. Since I cant translate its hard for me to tell your burst rotation . Looked fun.

WTB PHYSICIAN POCKETHEALER!!!!
    Enforcer | Schwarzeneggar | Enforced <-- Myrmidon

Tempagon PvP Video

Quote Originally Posted by The Ic0N View Post
    I never downloaded it, but it is clearly one of the greatest adds on ever made. That guy was such a terrible. I briefly watched the vid. Since I cant translate its hard for me to tell your burst rotation . Looked fun.

WTB PHYSICIAN POCKETHEALER!!!!
    I posted a quick overview of the spec and burst rotation some pages before. Should you want to try out the spec, you might want to check here!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Furyon13 View Post
    What the f.........!!!! Mages will make a come back with this spec!
    Until they nerf it to hell before graduating from the Test Shard or will they dare to keep it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5