• 3 Post By AlwaysHealNeverDie
  • 1 Post By Violacea
  • 1 Post By Malidrag

Thread: OP PvE Trinkets

Ascendant

Default OP PvE Trinkets

PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

It's ok, the mats and RNG are so insane only 3-4 people per guild will probably have them by the time 3.0 hits anyways.

Read the thread. You won't see this **** for a long, long, long, long, long time if the persons with the trinket even PVP.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Read the thread. You won't see this **** for a long, long, long, long, long time if the persons with the trinket even PVP.
    Speculations, knowing Trion they will throw either these scrolls or hearts in to lock boxes and claim that it's not BIS gear because you have to upgrade it, aka the same situation as wth current Warlord items from PvP lock boxes which are BiS when you upgrade them.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Nothing to be alarmist about to be honest, this item will be pretty-damned-rare in general to obtain.
    --BC

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    Speculations, knowing Trion they will throw either these scrolls or hearts in to lock boxes and claim that it's not BIS gear because you have to upgrade it, aka the same situation as wth current Warlord items from PvP lock boxes which are BiS when you upgrade them.
    Considering that the PVE limited edition transcendent boxes are T1 gear still (when we're on T3)... Speculate all you want though.

Current tier will never be in lockboxes. Warlord isn't technically current tier (although I'm not saying I disagree with you re: upgrade paths on 'em.)

Rift Chaser

Don't need to be so alarm by the requirement, ok? This game has gone worst with all the Upgrade Requirement, if u haven't notice. Well, they are trying to tie u down to this game if u want those items. New comers will find tat it is not worth playing as they have to do much more massive grind than other mmo. No time for it? Spend $$ then! A simple and yet dirty trick, happened everywhere.

Maybe I'll actually raid again one day, loot is getting close to being worth actually raiding for it seems. Procs with multi-layered effects, multi stat items. Now we are getting places with interesting gear. If only PvP gear was *that* interesting . Those are the reasons I used to love raiding though. I was the guy with all the BS gear that maybe 2 mages in the game had. It was great to be full of crap.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Plane Walker

Bolster the trinket slot. It's just that simple.

the amount of mats required for these is absurd. the chance of encountering more then 1 person with 1 of these in a wf is going to be pretty rare.

still better than when pve relics were bis. also bolstering trinkets now would hinder peeps instead of help, with pvp trinkets dropping from boxes and based luck. at least pve gives you another avenue to try to obtain one.

I just remember a point in time when they kept PvE and PvP gear pretty close is power. This is the issue with not doing that but allowing a few slots to go through. Unless it goes back to the older ways at 65, in theory that is what it can cause. If gear is relatively equal, you can just make PvP equals obtained in their own way without concern for gear from other sources. As long as you keep bolstering to a proper level, you can still keep a few slots with the potential for various items then.

Most these people are probably right though, I'm talking in theory. At least on the PvP side of things itemization has come a LONG way since 50. Itemization is actually probably the best it has ever been in pvp aside from frustration of almost identical items with small stat variances (like small variance in dex/str while still sporting the main dps stat of say, AP). Otherwise, conceptually, itemization is great right now. I think partly because they have allowed wiggle room and freedom in some slots. It is just a shame though, we had nice PvP trinket for a bit then they all got nerfed. Still don't use the AoE one. With the ridiculous drop off in stats its proc power was fine. I feel confident the same goes for many of the others.

Most of us are back to Warlords trinket though unless we want the shield one. I guess the 100cp one is still decent if that is your style. I still am keeping the Warlords Firestorm in hope it is worth wearing again like it was used to. It's like when eq2 did the mass avatar gear nerf. Removed so much gear from my toon the next day . This trinket may not be a problem but, this is why I always thought it was easier when the general stats of pvp and pve itemization was equal. This was one of my biggest qualms at the inception of SL going live. Was the new founded major disparity between PvP and PvE gear.

Not sure where I am going with this, just hope they keep working on the sweet middle ground. Wiggle room and choices, leading to various setups to compliment various specs/playstyles, and keeping a full decked nightmare geared PvP player's items obtained via PvP methods/schemes. I think that is the dream.
    Last edited by Violacea; 05-12-2014 at 06:45 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread