+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Would like some insight into RIFT PvP from current players.

Soulwalker

Default Would like some insight into RIFT PvP from current players.

Yes, i am here from WoW. My arena team and a few other teams are looking for a game with some Pvp, so we came to check out rift. here are a few things i noticed other the last couple days.

the class balancing is incredibly horrible.

healing is ridiculous.

not many pvpers know how to focus fire.

objectives get ignored.

there is no competitive pvp. (which i dont understand, pvp is a huge money maker for wow and LoL amongst other games)

the pvp community looks to be made up of pvers trying to organize pvp?

pvp does not seem to get any love from the developers.

however, the game looks really nice, the soul system looks awesome, even if it is balanced like garbage. looks like it could of been an awesome pvp game had the devs put in some effort.

i would to hear what current players have to say about pvp in rift.

you're right, most PvP'ers left a long time ago

Rift Disciple

I wouldn't bother. rift pvp has 0 support from the Devs. I have a better pvp experience changing my 1 year old son.

No matchmaking. no ranked or arenas. Most the top players have left a long time ago. 90% of the pvp population are bad keyboard turning mouse clickers.

Your pretty much right. It's a casual game where all that matters is the scoreboard at the end of a match. Id say 80% of the PVp community are all talk and no show and there aren't rating to prove anything. It's at best a way to waste some time
    Last edited by Raistlinxx; 05-11-2014 at 04:01 AM.

BSE
    Plane Touched

It's free.

I sub to Age of Wushu and play LoL for my competitive fix. For Noobstomping though? Rift all-day.
    Last edited by BSE; 05-11-2014 at 04:18 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TeamRollyPolly View Post
    however, the game looks really nice, the soul system looks awesome, even if it is balanced like garbage. looks like it could of been an awesome pvp game had the devs put in some effort.
    They did but they are just really terrible at pvp development and balance. You can tell them that their ideas are bad and they will still release bad content for pvp as well. They don't really listen to the players unless it is an easy way for them to cash grab then it is at the top of the list of things to implement.

Why do you wanna leave WOW?

Quote Originally Posted by Furyon13 View Post
    Why do you wanna leave WOW?
    I was going to ask the same question, according to the OP, wow balance is perfect, why are you even trying another game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I was going to ask the same question, according to the OP, wow balance is perfect, why are you even trying another game?

I was curious (yellow) myself, actually. Not in a "hey, why tf are you here" kind of way, but in a conversational, curious kind of way.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Ascendant

Rift was more balanced than it had ever been before 2.7

The mechanics are good (except for the recent debilitate change), but the game has too many performance issues to become something more. Can you imagine losing a competitive match because a huge lag spike happened at a critical moment?

Additionally, the top tier of PvP gear is obtained through RnG and that is after you have spent an enormous amount of time getting to p90 and getting Myrm gear. This just wouldn't work in a competitive environment where someone with better luck than you has a gear advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    Rift was more balanced than it had ever been before 2.7

The mechanics are good (except for the recent debilitate change), but the game has too many performance issues to become something more. Can you imagine losing a competitive match because a huge lag spike happened at a critical moment?

Additionally, the top tier of PvP gear is obtained through RnG and that is after you have spent an enormous amount of time getting to p90 and getting Myrm gear. This just wouldn't work in a competitive environment where someone with better luck than you has a gear advantage.
    You forgot to add in a bigger wallet to better luck. Everything PVp related except the actual p90 ( which can be sped up dramatically with 160% prestiege potions) can be bough either directly or indirectly through the cash shop. RNG boxes hold everything you need for full BiS if you want to keep throwing money at it.

best pug stomping game in the market if you have the skill, luck, friends, patience and money.
    Last edited by Nnnxia; 05-11-2014 at 09:11 AM.

Rift PvP gets absolutely nothing from devs. Classes like Mage, Cleric, and Warrior have all these souls, but only a couple are even viable for PvP.

Trion nerfs competitive souls into oblivion and forgets about them. Souls like Warlock, Stormcaller, Elementalist, Druid, Necro, and basically every Warrior soul but Paragon, Warlord, and Liberator are useless in PvP.

The PvP grind in this game is 100 times worse than WoW. It takes FOREVER now to get the best gear, because you're sitting around waiting for weeklies to make progress on Myrm marks, and you have to do the gayest, most skillless PvP in any MMO, ever, to get the best gear, which is Conquest Zerg vs Zerg.

Conquest is made up of premades everyday ruining it for PuGs. It's always a lopsided match every match, just like our version of battlegrounds, which are the same, always made up of premades ruining the fun for others.

Most battlegrounds (which we call warfronts), are so lopsided, that either 1 of 3 things happen usually:

1) Team Red is being spawn camped the whole match.

2) Team Blue is being spawn camped the whole match.

3) There is so much cross-healing going on, that everyone is a raid boss, and people just sit on someone for 5 minutes trying to kill them, and the match pushes the 15 minute timer, with first blood being drawn maybe 2-3 minutes in the match.

Actually I've been in some matches where no one even died in the 15 minutes it lasted, we just sit on top of the objective, and no one can capture it, because no one dies.

If you want PvP, go elsewhere. This games PvP is a joke, since the expansion came out, and Trion absolutely RUINED specs like sent/warden, and hybrids that made the game fun, besides a stupid derpfest like Sentinel is now (they only use 2 heals to heal)
    Martym@Seastone Rank 82 Mage
    Munstane - R83 Warrior -Godlike Awesomeness- @ Deepwood
    YUBERXMEGA R80 Cleric - Terrible Idea @ Deepwood
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5129/3548n.jpg

New players are bolstered upon entering warfront or CQ so the gear gap really isnt as much an issue if your just starting out so long as anything is equipped. With the new release of souls being introduced and healing souls particulary the balance is hard to gauge due to everyone trying them out. I love rift pvp its alot of fun and can be enjoyed quite casually. You will need to make friends tho solo ques are not the way to go at all. In Rift it is not possible to shoulder an entire team by yourself.
    Last edited by Landstalker; 05-11-2014 at 10:05 AM.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Plane Walker

If you enjoy talking sh*t and never backing it up then rift is the place for you. Otherwise i wouldn't bother.
    Luxie@greybriar
    Healmesloots@deepwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast