+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Do physicians need to be buffed to match Clerics?

Default Do physicians need to be buffed to match Clerics?

Clerics have some amazing abilities.

1. Healer's covenant
    2. Links
    3. Unstable Transformation (God mode)
    4. Flame of life
    5. Vigilance
    6. Fullness of Life which can be used TWICE in a row with Renewed Altruism
    7. Dark Passage -> teleport and cc break on a 20 second cooldown for a total of 4 cc breaks

Along with endless resources (mana) which no good cleric will run out of, why bring a physician which has resource issues, unreliable cooldowns and no mobility to a 5 man?

Ascendant

You make it seem like one spec gets all of that.

the infamous proactive thread "don't nerf my OP spec, it's not as good as X"

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    You make it seem like one spec gets all of that.
    I'm pointing out a legitimate concern with class balance.

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

You list abilities from 4 different souls...

Try playing a healing cleric in pvp and see how "infinite" your mana pool is.

Ascendant

It's definitely way too early to talk about buffs and nerfs. Phys does pretty good when untouched because you can use CT and PT finisher, but when you are getting focused using these will often be interupted and sometimes you get silenced due to that. This forces you to switch to AT and MT which is not as good but at least instant cast.

(I've AT macroed with ET) and throw UC in between when needed. If you play 61 Phys there's few other strong CDs up to use but the biggest problem is lack of additional break frees and buffs being purged. I die quite often when chain-stunned / silenced, but I can handle a lot if all those Sin's use jagged strike instead of stun.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Chancellor Gowron View Post

you can swap specs in pvp so basically you do have access to all those abilities.

Mana is infinite. Just ask stirr, she never runs out of mana because clerics have no resource management problems. Unlike physician.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post

1. Healer's covenant
    2. Links
    4. Flame of life
    5. Vigilance
    7. Dark Passage -> teleport and cc break on a 20 second cooldown for a total of 4 cc breaks

Along with endless resources (mana) which no good cleric will run out of, why bring a physician which has resource issues, unreliable cooldowns and no mobility to a 5 man?
    This is a troll!

Quote Originally Posted by Chancellor Gowron View Post

^This

Half the time you're sitting in Revenant Supplication.
    Martym@Seastone Rank 82 Mage
    Munstane - R83 Warrior -Godlike Awesomeness- @ Deepwood
    YUBERXMEGA R80 Cleric - Terrible Idea @ Deepwood
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5129/3548n.jpg

Ascendant

1. Healer's covenant
    2. Links
    4. Flame of life
    5. Vigilance

Need I mention the level of intelligence it takes to combine all healing soul special utility from one calling and acting like one soul actually has all this.

Make a better post that isn't just dumb. I'll let you know next time my 61/61/61 casts all that.

Please make your next post about rogues and add all the bard abilities and tact abilities with the physician abilities and we'll talk, k? I'll give you a hint, those are NB things.

Edit: Oh I see I didn't need to say all this since other people of average minimum intelligence said the obvious.

Go make a vid on how to be average as a pockethealed NB or something.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 05-10-2014 at 12:31 PM.

Decoy is the only class that needs a buff right now, a good solid look over their souls is in dire need.
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Need I mention the level of intelligence it takes to combine all healing soul special utility from one calling and acting like one soul actually has all this.

Make a better post that isn't just dumb. I'll let you know next time my 61/61/61 casts all that.

Please make your next post about rogues and add all the bard abilities and tact abilities with the physician abilities and we'll talk, k? I'll give you a hint, those are NB things.

Edit: Oh I see I didn't need to say all this since other people of average minimum intelligence said the obvious.

Go make a vid on how to be average as a pockethealed NB or something.
    Just because you're a bad cleric doesn't make physician competitive in pvp.

A serious buff to physician is needed otherwise it will become like chloro and useless compared to clerics.

Plane Touched

Looool... 10/10! I'll probably play physician in my next 5s.
    Nerfshot/Slowshot/Noobshot

Soulwalker

you can swap specs in pvp so basically you do have access to all those abilities.

Mana is infinite. Just ask stirr, she never runs out of mana because clerics have no resource management problems. Unlike physician.
    what.......

Ok let me Just walk over why you're wrong.

one you cant be in combat to swap specs. if you were originally in combat as a healer , you're not getting out of combat unless the other team wipes . You will always have people attacking you one way or another to stop any healing on others.

two infinite mana my *** . A assassin has a 30% chance to drain 280 mana , when hes hitting you , with the possiblity off of debuffs to proc that 5 times a second , you're on average losing enough to cast a heal which is more then you gain from your regen.

three .... because no one ever plays a defiller?

Four , On my fully geared assassin , i can kill the average cleric by draining there mana in 2-3 minutes, then CC the hell out of them when they go to use supplication , or a such spell if im alone , when im with my guildies it is normally done in 30 seconds to 1 minute

Now with a phy , sad good bye to killing him or someone hes focus healing , 3 Full hp heals , 1 half hp DOT over 15 seconds , Almost 0 energy use to his heal output , and will out heal 80% of clerics easy. day after realse alone . there were 5 defiant rogue healers in sanctum , circle jerking infront of cyril , and after about 20 minutes everyone said **** this and just let them sit there. you CANT drain there energy without a defiller . As assassin i can drain up to if perfect shots 25 Energy /s , you regen 15/s , and only use 5/s , but average ill drain 10/s , so its me draining 0% of their energy well they go immortal IM A ROGUE HEALER LAWLZOR mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeoth View Post
    what.......

Ok let me Just walk over why you're wrong.

one you cant be in combat to swap specs. if you were originally in combat as a healer , you're not getting out of combat unless the other team wipes . You will always have people attacking you one way or another to stop any healing on others.

two infinite mana my *** . A assassin has a 30% chance to drain 280 mana , when hes hitting you , with the possiblity off of debuffs to proc that 5 times a second , you're on average losing enough to cast a heal which is more then you gain from your regen.

three .... because no one ever plays a defiller?

Four , On my fully geared assassin , i can kill the average cleric by draining there mana in 2-3 minutes, then CC the hell out of them when they go to use supplication , or a such spell if im alone , when im with my guildies it is normally done in 30 seconds to 1 minute

Now with a phy , sad good bye to killing him or someone hes focus healing , 3 Full hp heals , 1 half hp DOT over 15 seconds , Almost 0 energy use to his heal output , and will out heal 80% of clerics easy. day after realse alone . there were 5 defiant rogue healers in sanctum , circle jerking infront of cyril , and after about 20 minutes everyone said **** this and just let them sit there. you CANT drain there energy without a defiller . As assassin i can drain up to if perfect shots 25 Energy /s , you regen 15/s , and only use 5/s , but average ill drain 10/s , so its me draining 0% of their energy well they go immortal IM A ROGUE HEALER LAWLZOR mode.
    Try level 60 pvp. Any cleric being drained by a sin is bad because of 4 cc breaks and speed boost to get away from melee range.

Physician has no additional cc breaks and no crafted pots to increase its resources. Physician is nowhere near as good as clerics at surviving, kiting and healing their group, unless the class is buffed soon there's little chance of anyone using one in a competitive group.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast