+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Seriously, PvP off hours?

  1. #1
    Champion Beanster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    580

    Default Seriously, PvP off hours?

    If people make premades at off hours for pvp, then rest of the puggies really shouldn't be against them!

    Just saying.

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    Yeah, someone said this awhile back and would have been a great implementation to give pugs a fair chance. During off hours no premades allowed in cq and warfronts. Would at least give them some chance at winning.

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    33

    Default

    PMs are mainly formed during off-hours to avoid opposition from stronger pugs and other occasional PMs during prime hours.

    Its the best time for PMs to burn through weeklies because the pugs during off-hours put up little resistance.

    Most PMs don't want a fair fight.

    Just saying.
    Last edited by SpongyCookie; 05-09-2014 at 07:58 PM.

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    What maybe off hours to you is their prime time to play.

  5. #5
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    What maybe off hours to you is their prime time to play.
    Rift doesn't have a big population anymore and part of the reason is premades vs. pugs. I bet more players would be happier if they had a chance to have some dedicated hours for pug vs pug. For instance, I have logged into cq with premades nearly 3 days straight.. Not one cq without a premade. As for warfronts well I just have to say too bad.. Carry the noobs it is much more challenging than pug stomping.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Princess Lacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Yeah too bad some of us who pvp also raid during prime time and the only time they can pvp is your off hours....
    Last edited by Princess Lacus; 05-09-2014 at 08:41 PM.

    PinkPrincess @Deepwood of Beep Beep Ima Jeep
    previous akas Aribella@Deepwood & Hime@Silkweb
    ★★★ find me on @ twitter ★★★

  7. #7
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Lacus View Post
    Yeah too bad some of us who pvp also raid during prime time and the only time they can pvp is your off hours....
    No one is stopping you from pvping during off hours. My solution stops players from pug stomping newbs who have not much gear or experience and it also takes care of exploited problems like having more players than the pug team.

    Fair is fair.. but like most people who would not agree fair = wrong.

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    Rift doesn't have a big population anymore and part of the reason is premades vs. pugs. I bet more players would be happier if they had a chance to have some dedicated hours for pug vs pug. For instance, I have logged into cq with premades nearly 3 days straight.. Not one cq without a premade. As for warfronts well I just have to say too bad.. Carry the noobs it is much more challenging than pug stomping.
    What do you think off hours are anyway? A lot of players do WFs after raid, so they'll queue with guild members at that point or something. Same for CQ. A lot of nights after raid, I'll do a quick CQ to eliminate tension/whatever from raid.

  9. #9
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    What do you think off hours are anyway? A lot of players do WFs after raid, so they'll queue with guild members at that point or something. Same for CQ. A lot of nights after raid, I'll do a quick CQ to eliminate tension/whatever from raid.
    And you can still do that. but not queue in premades. And I am talking about the lowest peak hours of the day where it pretty obvious when you queue back to back and you get the same pm 3 out of every 4 matches over and over .. IT SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING... so that should be taken care of.

    During off peak hours there is usually only 1 premade in cq and they continue to farm pugs for many hours straight. So I don't believe what you say that a lot of people premade during off peak hours. If they did then they would be facing other premades NOT pug stomping.

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    And you can still do that. but not queue in premades. And I am talking about the lowest peak hours of the day where it pretty obvious when you queue back to back and you get the same pm 3 out of every 4 matches over and over .. IT SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING... so that should be taken care of.

    During off peak hours there is usually only 1 premade in cq and they continue to farm pugs for many hours straight. So I don't believe what you say that a lot of people premade during off peak hours. If they did then they would be facing other premades NOT pug stomping.
    I've queued for WFs during peak hours and faced the same PM three out of four matches before. It happens. For example, I rarely ever have Stir on my team, and usually I'm facing her and her PM. Once in a while, though, I'll end up on her team, this is when I'm solo queuing, and she'll heal me. On the flip side, some of the people on my friends list seem to always end up on my team when they queue as a PM, so it's all random and luck.

    During peak to a bit after peak hours, it depends on the night. Sometimes you get three to five PMs in a CQ (read: Stillmoor) and sometimes you get one. If you're judging things off of Steppes, well hardly anyone wants to do Steppes. I can only think of four people, and one of them doesn't do it that often, who form for Steppes on a regular basis, and a lot of times, it is just one PM farming pugs in Steppes. Even when there are PMs on multiple teams in Steppes, usually, it ends up as one team dominating because that's just how Steppes is.

  11. #11
    Champion Flair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    511

    Default

    What are "off hours" in a game that is global and 24/7?
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flair View Post
    What are "off hours" in a game that is global and 24/7?
    Peak hours are generally considered to be 5-8 server time, which can obviously extend later because people on the West Coast would play until 11-12 server time on average. So, even though it could be an off hour for all of us EST people, that time after raid is still peak hours for PST people, so there are still PMs forming.

    In fact, people always form for Stillmoor, no matter the hour, it's only Steppes that has issues having someone form at some point. Admittedly, there have been a few random times when no one's formed for Stillmoor, but in that case, one of us usually forms a group right before the end and then there's still essentially a PM.

  13. #13
    Champion of Telara Mire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    off hours is any time that is not my prime time. i am the center of the universe.

  14. #14
    Champion Flair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mire View Post
    off hours is any time that is not my prime time. i am the center of the universe.
    Oh my god, I keep forgetting, how terrible of me!
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

  15. #15
    Champion of Telara Aveleys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    Rift non-factor hour provides the best pug stomping experience.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts