+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Prize for first place in the 3v3 tourney (hosted by trion)

Default Prize for first place in the 3v3 tourney (hosted by trion)

Big news guys: Ocho from the Dev team has added three 2.7 souls CODES for the winning team!

Prizes 1st Place:

6 REX (2 per team member)

6 160% Token Tablets (2 per team member)

RG's prize pack (Key to dimension Black Garden and plat)

Ocho's prize pack (Three 2.7 Souls Codes)

now, i love the players in the community for doing this, GA for hosting it etc. it sounded like a fun idea, i was even going to participate for fun. BUT dont people realize that the same three or four people win these things over and over again? and now they are being paid by trion to do so?

didnt trion watch the last stream of this? what happened to daglar saying trion would never support this kind of content?

dont get me wrong, im not hatin, im glad these players are getting fat lootz.

flame on!

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by azabar View Post
    now, i love the players in the community for doing this, GA for hosting it etc. it sounded like a fun idea, i was even going to participate for fun. BUT dont people realize that the same three or four people win these things over and over again? and now they are being paid by trion to do so?

didnt trion watch the last stream of this? what happened to daglar saying trion would never support this kind of content?
    When have they not supported player content? It's not their fault if the same people keep winning tournaments just like it's not their fault that the best PvE guilds keep killing the content first...

Snuggs, relax man.

Its either they dont care or the they do care but the same players are getting the loot.

There has to be a line somewhere, I mean right now 2 pvp events are being dev and cm supported.
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

Big news guys: Ocho from the Dev team has added three 2.7 souls CODES for the winning team!

Prizes 1st Place:

6 REX (2 per team member)

6 160% Token Tablets (2 per team member)

RG's prize pack (Key to dimension Black Garden and plat)

Ocho's prize pack (Three 2.7 Souls Codes)

dont get me wrong, im not hatin, im glad these players are getting fat lootz.

flame on!
    Who's the undefeated team and how many tournaments have there already been?

Default //////

Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzoar View Post
    Snuggs, relax man.

Its either they dont care or the they do care but the same players are getting the loot.

There has to be a line somewhere, I mean right now 2 pvp events are being dev and cm supported.
    i mean, its not a BAD thing trion is supporting player made content, i was just simply shocked by the prizes.

Default ///////

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    When have they not supported player content? It's not their fault if the same people keep winning tournaments just like it's not their fault that the best PvE guilds keep killing the content first...

plz dont compare pvp to pve ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinrai View Post
    Who's the undefeated team and how many tournaments have there already been?
    i meant to say "three or four teams" instead of people.

i cant name names, i dont want to get banned.

the pvp community knows who they are.

i mean, its not a BAD thing trion is supporting player made content, i was just simply shocked by the prizes.
    Daglar and Trion has always supported whatever players put together.

plz dont compare pvp to pve ever again.
    It's actually a comparison to the nature of the game as a whole, moreso every game as a whole, not even Rift.

Ah ok, so there's like a Miami Heat team in these tournaments then huh?

Default ....

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Daglar and Trion has always supported whatever players put together.
    i never said they didnt.

Default ....

Quote Originally Posted by Jinrai View Post
    Ah ok, so there's like a Miami Heat team in these tournaments then huh?
    lol yes, good example.

Default ....

It's actually a comparison to the nature of the game as a whole, moreso every game as a whole, not even Rift.
    the nature of the game as a whole?

i get why you dont understand because you dont pvp and arent involved in it.

the nature of the game as a whole?

i get why you dont understand because you dont pvp and arent involved in it.
    I understand plenty.

Telaran

The issue I have with it is that they are showing more support for pvp tournaments when most of the advocates for it have already left. I'm not speaking for myself here, either. I was never against the implementation of structured pvp, even though I thought it wouldn't lead to any good ending. I know there were many competitive pvpers who asked for years to have some method of playing versus each other without any interference. I completely understand why they couldn't wait any longer and had to leave to play other games. It just so happens that they all left before Trion actually implemented a system that could sort of cater to their needs.

If this tournament were held 1 or 2 years ago, the skill cap would've been much higher. The tournament spots would've been filled instantly with groups that participated in structured pvp. These tournaments now consist of random groups that are quickly put together to see if they can try to earn some free loot.

I've played against so many different 5v5 teams that could've easily won these tournaments. It's too bad that they all left now :/. These tournaments are now getting attention because Trion is giving more meaningful prizes to the winning teams and the audience has a chance at earning rewards by just watching the event and joining the lottery roll.
    Last edited by veeru; 05-09-2014 at 06:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast