+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Drakanish
  • 1 Post By polarshift
  • 1 Post By Drakanish
  • 4 Post By Grumpypants

Thread: I don't want to pay 20 to fix PvP in Trion's game...

Plane Walker

Default I don't want to pay 20 to fix PvP in Trion's game...

I begrudge the fact that I have to pay real world money to help sort out the terrible WF composition problems that Rift suffers.

It isn't my fault that Trion after 3 years has failed to implement any sort of system that can place a remotely even number of healers on both teams.

I had a match the other day, 14 Warriors and Rogues, and 1 cleric...who decided to go DPS.

vs a team with 6 mages and clerics on it.

The mechanism didn't even think that it might be a good idea to at least put 3 mages/clerics on each team on the off-chance 1 of them might be a healer?

Nope.

So why should I have to pay 20 to fix this problem by having a healing soul?

Trion should give it for free in the hope that we use the souls to fix their broken mechanism.
    Last edited by Drakanish; 05-09-2014 at 04:32 AM.

reduce TTK drastically, make everything OP, reduce combat rez CD to almost none

Rift Chaser

hmmm... now u have to ask urself this question: Why are you still playing then?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by polarshift View Post
    Seems a rather harsh attitude doesn't it?

You have a problem with an aspect of something, therefore you should stop using it entirely, even if other aspects of it are enjoyable?

I suppose, in my opinion, it would depend on how drastic the problem was, and how much it affected you. For instance, if it is minor, then you suffer through in the hope that something will be done about it, if it is a major concern, then you might well consider giving up the benefits as they are outweighed by the negatives.

However, your response, and my response to you, have nothing to do with Trion effectively charging players to fix poor game design and ingame mechanics.

Would you expect Trion to charge you for bug fixes? How about for repairing memory leaks? How about for an improved PvE queuing system that prioritised players who had not done a dungeon recently?

Yet, we accept that we should pay for improvements that will fix a failed PvP game mechanic...i.e. composition of warfronts.
    Last edited by Drakanish; 05-09-2014 at 06:25 AM.

Rift Disciple

Oh god drakanish moaning again I swear you must be my mother in law!

Dont buy the new souls.
    I had my time of supporting Trion with cash, that times over.
    Just use what you have and have fun with it.
    Besides, Harming will never be healing, no matter how many heal souls you give warrior.

Rift Chaser

dude... it isn't harsh at all. No one is asking u to pay for anything at all. This is a F2P game. U want to pay is ur problem, and expect to have problems with the game. Paying 20buck doesn't makes u any special. Why u need to pay in the 1st place? lol.

All along, i never subscribe as patron, or even buy credit, rex. U also can do the same. Only thing i purchase is to get the SL soul. That's it.

Trion stand on PVP is.... they dun bother with it, as long as PvE is working fine. I agree with u tat it is a very very poor design and balancing issue on PVP part.

Everyone must admit tat 2.7 patch is the Worst ever patch release by Trion. So many issues with bugs, overtune souls, graphic issue, latency, etc....

THERE ARE OTHER ASPECT OF THE GAME, go PVE go RAID.

Quote Originally Posted by polarshift View Post
    Since is the only feedback trion will act on now, it is jot that bad advice...sadly...
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread