+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Segregate Premades and Pugs in Warfronts

Plane Walker

Default Segregate Premades and Pugs in Warfronts

Trust me, I'm not bias against premades. I love it in conquest and, on occasion, I enjoy it in warfronts. So, I'mt not suggesting doing away with premades in warfronts or anything else.

What I am suggesting is that we return to what I consider a MUCH better system (which was in place a year ago) where premade groups (2+) are in one queue, and pug players are in another queue. This allows for everyone to have the experience that they want to have.

I just think with the mess in balance that 2.7 has already brought upon us, having premade groups up against pugs in warfronts right now is just no fun at all. Personally, I think that the 2.x matchmaking update (that came in late 2013) was a complete failure and we need to revert back to whatever was in place in early 2013.

i would like this too - especially if conditions were harsh; because then people would queue their premades in the ranked queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelorean View Post
    Trust me, I'm not bias against premades. I love it in conquest and, on occasion, I enjoy it in warfronts. So, I'mt not suggesting doing away with premades in warfronts or anything else.

What I am suggesting is that we return to what I consider a MUCH better system (which was in place a year ago) where premade groups (2+) are in one queue, and pug players are in another queue. This allows for everyone to have the experience that they want to have.

I just think with the mess in balance that 2.7 has already brought upon us, having premade groups up against pugs in warfronts right now is just no fun at all. Personally, I think that the 2.x matchmaking update (that came in late 2013) was a complete failure and we need to revert back to whatever was in place in early 2013.
    Both cq and wfs should segergate premades from PuGs, but rift does not have the population to support it....there are many examples why...neither the devs or the "yes" to everything trion does vwants to recognize and admit it...so, it can be fixed.

Until then, the best feedback is quit pvping or the game, as that is the feedback that is understood....well, there is one example there....catering to minorities would be another.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Shield of Telara

you have totally my support. That would have be done long time ago.

I can recall last summer when 5 man pre-made queues took upwards of 30+ minutes to get a WF pop. It was glorious, if you had certain premade only people on your friend's list you could see if they were running laps in TB or not, if they were, then it was safe to solo queue so you didn't get up against a premade.

Same thing does not apply today, to my knowledge it's 3+ is a premade and will get up against a potential 5 man. To me a 3 is still a premade of sorts but doubtful it can wreck the havoc of a 5 man with 2 dedicated healers only to their premade. I have run a couple of premades while live streaming (for the hell of it and to see how bad it really is for the other team), not at all that is something of my norm, I still prefer solo queuing over premades any day.

My only argument here to play devil's advocate is, if the queues were segregated then the people that can only accomplish a win by being on a premade or need to stroke their epeens with scoreboard SS's of their kill death raito, may feel they're being targeted. For example, what would the queue time be for them to get their weekly WF's done? Or god forbid, they're up against the same premades over and over and over (just like the pugs are). Also something to consider is, some could argue that premade vs. premade is basically a 5 v 5 tourney all over again?!

I agree with the OP however I'm not sure if it could totally feasible but it could break up the monotony of being up against the same premades over and over.
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

There aren't enough PvPers to split up the two. Also without an incentive even as simple as a leader board there's really no demand or reason for a premade only queue.
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    There aren't enough PvPers to split up the two. Also without an incentive even as simple as a leader board there's really no demand or reason for a premade only queue.
    Valid points but it's something a good chunk of players are requesting and have been. And inb4 someone says show me all the threads or I'm crazy about making the above statement, it's true but I'm not linking every thread about it.

Many of the truly great PVPer's right now prefer to solo queue, they don't need pocket heals and people babysitting them to be good.

Credo I thought you stopped playing? If so, the amount of premades happening in a majority of warfronts is pretty bad, some nights it's the same premades repeatedly. So it's not going away on it's own.
    CQ needs a enema.

I'd rather pug stomp to farm "+" 's in my book of the fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    I'd rather pug stomp to farm "+" 's in my book of the fallen.
    LOL people still use that add-on? Download Pigeon Crusher for ultimate entertainment while pug stomping, brah It's a glorious add-on.
    CQ needs a enema.

Quote Originally Posted by Meaghanne View Post
    Valid points but it's something a good chunk of players are requesting and have been. And inb4 someone says show me all the threads or I'm crazy about making the above statement, it's true but I'm not linking every thread about it.

Many of the truly great PVPer's right now prefer to solo queue, they don't need pocket heals and people babysitting them to be good.

Credo I thought you stopped playing? If so, the amount of premades happening in a majority of warfronts is pretty bad, some nights it's the same premades repeatedly. So it's not going away on it's own.
    Admittedly no I haven't played in over two months. Though last time they made separate queues people still complained about premades and premades had 45 minute waits. Either that or they did the queue at the same time work around.

I'm not trying to say premade and pug should be mixed, but simply splitting the two isn't the answer either. It needs more work than that. You can't expect players to have longer waits for less reward over all. A simple w/l leader board or ranking system would go a long ways. Or hell dimension items and costumes.

Instead they gave the players another lame CQ, RICs, and DICs. Oh and the credits only PvP dimensions. That's awesome...

(blah blah blah REX white knight defense response #317)

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    well trion doesn't have to split up in two differents group. for example if there is a full premade queuing for WF the other team should get 5 rank 90 (ranked in leaderboard) + 2 more players bonus that will balance a little more WF. For example 1 team has 15 players with 5 people premade so that make 33% premade on that team so what trion shoul do? put 2 more players in the team without premades so basically should be 15 vs 17 , if the premade has 3 or less players and the other team don't have premade just put 1 more player on the team without premade so 15 vs 16 . Its just a suggestion because clearly premades are abusing of the system and destroying the fun of queuing for WF. Or give some advantage to the team with no premade a buff with 5% more damage reduction or something extra or the capacity to craft some buff like we do in CQ.
    Last edited by elfaraon; 05-09-2014 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meaghanne View Post
    LOL people still use that add-on? Download Pigeon Crusher for ultimate entertainment while pug stomping, brah It's a glorious add-on.
    Pigeon crusher is the only Rift mod you will ever need.

ever.

I don't mind separate queues if there is always competition (as in a fast queue not quality). When I do premades i do it to have fun with those I'm playing with. We are on skype having a blast. Sometimes I can have up to 10 people on my skype call and we are there talking and having fun with different size groups. But the unsaid fun of those calls is that we are playing the game while we socialize and there's nothing that can shut the call down faster than a dead queue. And yes I enjoy pug stomping. I'm there to play and socialize with my friends, could care less about what harm this does to the opposing team.

INB4 a special Techfall retort. Don't care bro because if you're so hard core like you claim you are you would be in the first and now the second 3v3 tournament regardless of your perceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    well trion doesn't have to split up in two differents group. for example if there is a full premade queuing for WF the other team should get 5 rank 90 (ranked in leaderboard) + 2 more players bonus that will balance a little more WF. For example 1 team has 15 players with 5 people premade so that make 33% premade on that team so what trion shoul do? put 2 more players in the team without premades so basically should be 15 vs 17 , if the premade has 3 or less players and the other team don't have premade just put 1 more player on the team without premade so 15 vs 16 . Its just a suggestion because clearly premades are abusing of the system and destroying the fun of queuing for WF. Or give some advantage to the team with no premade a buff with 5% more damage reduction or something extra or the capacity to craft some buff like we do in CQ.
    I don't think premades are abusing the system, the system itself is just crap.

This allows for everyone to have the experience that they want to have.
    This is where these suggestions go awry.

Most premades do not want to fight other premades. They want to roflstomp all over PUGs to get their weekly quest, their favour, and their scoreboard screenshots to post on the forums. When you make it so that they only queue into matches against other premades, most full premade groups stop queueing and go back to duos. Even back in the best days of this game's premade matchup PvP there were very few teams that queued, and the player base has since collapsed.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 05-09-2014 at 03:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast