+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 74
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Scale back Valor

  1. #1
    Champion of Telara Aveleys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,191

    Default Scale back Valor

    PvP has become a dreadful stalemate with so many heals and incredibly OP physician. Scale back valor so things can die again.

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer Meaghanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    PvP has become a dreadful stalemate with so many heals and incredibly OP physician. Scale back valor so things can die again.
    That could be a solution >_>

    Everyone can play the spec they want etc...You may be onto something here.
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara Aveleys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meaghanne View Post
    That could be a solution >_>

    Everyone can play the spec they want etc...You may be onto something here.
    with a scale back to valor it would require cooldown management and positioning to stay alive, not this perma face tanking that we have no with so many healers.

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer Meaghanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    with a scale back to valor it would require cooldown management and positioning to stay alive, not this perma face tanking that we have no with so many healers.
    Like increasing the reduction 62% healing reduction? Or just a flat decrease in valor?
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    No no no no no no NO

    Nobody gets the issue at all. I am so thankful nobody here balances this game.

    Yeah! Let's change raw base mechanics over the result of free will choices. That won't come up to bite us in the rear (it will).

    Keep coming up with bad ideas and let us all know when you figure out how to change the free will of others.
    Last edited by Violacea; 05-08-2014 at 11:10 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    10 people are healing in my warfront?
    Clearly healing needs to be nerfed cause no one will die.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

  7. #7
    Champion of Telara Aveleys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    No no no no no no NO

    Nobody gets the issue at all. I am so thankful nobody here balances this game.

    Yeah! Let's change raw base mechanics over the result of free will choices. That won't come up to bite us in the rear (it will).

    Keep coming up with bad ideas and let us all know when you figure out how to change the free will of others.
    You must not play the same rift we do.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    10 people are healing in my warfront?
    Clearly healing needs to be nerfed cause no one will die.
    Wow, somebody understands the culprit and didn't come up with a horrible idea that would make the game worse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    You must not play the same rift we do.
    Nope, I do. Your idea is just bad and demonstrates that it is a good thing you are not remotely in any charge of balance. What you are suggesting would just screw the game up and not fix anything.
    Last edited by Violacea; 05-08-2014 at 11:22 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  9. #9
    RIFT Guide Writer Meaghanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    No no no no no no NO

    Nobody gets the issue at all. I am so thankful nobody here balances this game.

    Yeah! Let's change raw base mechanics over the result of free will choices. That won't come up to bite us in the rear (it will).

    Keep coming up with bad ideas and let us all know when you figure out how to change the free will of others.
    I know you think the souls are balanced etc...saw you post it earlier,

    What do you propose as a resolution to the immense cross healing and stalemates in PVP now? I'm trying to get more ideas out of Aveleys, I don't think any of us have a 100% resolution to this other than sitting on our laurels waiting for the novelty of the new souls to wear off.

    Warriors healing twice as much as sentinels is not normal lol.

    Tell us your idea to fix this!?!?!
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meaghanne View Post
    I know you think the souls are balanced etc...saw you post it earlier,

    What do you propose as a resolution to the immense cross healing and stalemates in PVP now? I'm trying to get more ideas out of Aveleys, I don't think any of us have a 100% resolution to this other than sitting on our laurels waiting for the novelty of the new souls to wear off.

    Warriors healing twice as much as sentinels is not normal lol.

    Tell us your idea to fix this!?!?!
    Have people get it through their head what proper compositions for success in MMOs are? Or we can keep pretending the mechanics are broken (spoiler: they're fine).
    Last edited by Violacea; 05-08-2014 at 11:30 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  11. #11
    RIFT Guide Writer Meaghanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Have people get it through their head what proper compositions for success in MMOs are? Or we can keep pretending the mechanics are broken (spoiler: they're fine).
    Mechanics may be fine, but people are not. We are hearding cats here.
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

  12. #12
    Plane Touched Liandell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Wow, somebody understands the culprit and didn't come up with a horrible idea that would make the game worse.



    Nope, I do. Your idea is just bad and demonstrates that it is a good thing you are not remotely in any charge of balance. What you are suggesting would just screw the game up and not fix anything.

    It's ok, man. I understand why someone with positioning like yours would want a game where it's impossible to die.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meaghanne View Post
    I know you think the souls are balanced etc...saw you post it earlier,

    What do you propose as a resolution to the immense cross healing and stalemates in PVP now? I'm trying to get more ideas out of Aveleys, I don't think any of us have a 100% resolution to this other than sitting on our laurels waiting for the novelty of the new souls to wear off.

    Warriors healing twice as much as sentinels is not normal lol.

    Tell us your idea to fix this!?!?!

    There's nothing that can be done now that won't heavily affect the aftermath of all the rogues and warriors stopping healing unless they revert those changes. (Which will cause people to heal again to test them) I've been having an absolute blast in damage for once. But when there is 15 people a side and 8 go heals then the 7dps is just **** out of luck.
    Devaak@Seastone <The Cult> Server First Dreambreaker. Because I am that damn good.
    Nixium the Prestigious@Seastone Mage is hard, lessons plz

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    130

    Default

    I've had no problem target swapping and then bursting with DoT pressure on the rogue or warrior either. They're still getting used to watching team mate health in raid frames and a lot of them tunnel on one person taking damage.
    Last edited by Devaak; 05-08-2014 at 11:41 PM.
    Devaak@Seastone <The Cult> Server First Dreambreaker. Because I am that damn good.
    Nixium the Prestigious@Seastone Mage is hard, lessons plz

  15. #15
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    34

    Default composition

    Maybe people will start to realise that it is not only so called OP classes that are to blame for poor wf, but the real problem is wf composition.

    Premade v PUG is terrible design, but when Premade v Premade was introduced few would queue.

    WF healing with the increase access to heal and the 'new' factor has hit the roof. Conversely, DPS has reduced. It therefore feels that healing is to strong.

    The cry to nerf healing occurs, healing is nerfed, all the new and old healers go wtf, and go play dps, TTK drops to ground, ppl scream for healing to be increased due to all the OP dps classes. Restart loop. Increase the bad blood.

    LOSE PVP players.

    Would point out tho that tweaking valor values may have a role to play regarding melee and range tho, maybe in tree gifts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts