+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Trion`s way of killing pvp !

Default Trion`s way of killing pvp !

I think Trion didnt even thought of PvP aspect when making the new souls , the main thing they care about is how these souls will work in PvE and allow players to play all roles without leveling new alt , i`v seen the people who trion invited to test the souls talking in fourms , they were PvE players and all they discussed was how souls doing in Raids/Dungons .

now people in pvp are immortals and WF arent fun anymore , i have witnessed a match in black garden ended by time not result !!!!
    cause people cant pick the fang and cant kill each other ...

WFs arent fun anymore

/Discuss
    I keel Em Too Fast !

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsuu View Post
    WFs arent fun anymore

/Discuss
    Count how many players are currently flagged as healer in your Warfront.

That's most likely your problem, although yes, there's a few issues, but isn't that to be expected when only like ten people commit themselves to test the souls?
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 05-08-2014 at 02:12 PM.

It's a perfect storm. Let it settle. I have yet to be in a warfront with less than 3 healers, most have had 5 or more. Add that to Clerics in support specs, and Mages in tank hybrids, and there is effectively no dps.

Warfronts really haven't been fun since 1.7. At times they were decent enough, but the lack of effort on Trion's part got old.
    Last edited by Credo; 05-08-2014 at 02:18 PM.
    Even free cost too much now

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post

That's most likely your problem, although yes, there's a few issues, but isn't that to be expected when only like ten people commit themselves to test the souls?
    Pretty much this ^. When number of geared healers is the same of higher than number of geared dps it's going to be a very long match ;)

They could put some global debuff in WF which increase dmg taken (or healing received) the long you stay alive, so at some point everybody will die.
    Last edited by AlwaysHealNeverDie; 05-08-2014 at 03:02 PM.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsuu View Post
    i`v seen the people who trion invited to test the souls talking in fourms , they were PvE players and all they discussed was how souls doing in Raids/Dungons .

now people in pvp are immortals and WF arent fun anymore ,
    Well, maybe you should have just joined PTS and given feedback for the PvP side...
    Yaarissime@Greybriar, lvl 65 cleric (taking a pause from the game)
    Chewgi@Greybriar, lvl 60 warrior
    Greanie@Hailol, lvl 60 rogue
    Youshallnotpass@Hailol, lvl 20 mage

[QUOTE=Yaarielle;4788765, maybe you should have just joined PTS and given feedback for the PvP side...]

As I recall the testers where "selected" and it was put out that anyone asking to be tester would not invited to test anything...then the devs actually wonder why ppl complain when it sucks...lol. not wasting time searching for the post, but I did see it....
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post

I was all about testing th storm legion souls in both pve and pvp.

I was told second hand that I could not test them other then pts bug reporting because my forums account had some infractions.
    Last edited by Pocketzoar; 05-08-2014 at 03:36 PM.
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

Also, the amount of healers in warfronts will drop significantly when warriors and rogues remember why they actually play those classes.

Just like mages did with harb and warriors did with tempest.

Time ladys, it takes time.
    Last edited by Pocketzoar; 05-08-2014 at 03:40 PM.
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    As I recall the testers where "selected" and it was put out that anyone asking to be tester would not invited to test anything...then the devs actually wonder why ppl complain when it sucks...lol. not wasting time searching for the post, but I did see it....
    It was very closed for a certain amount of time, yes. But you had plenty of time to do playtesting of your own once it went public.

2 weeks ago, "**** you DPS clerics"
    now, "**** you healing rogues, we need more DPS"

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    2 weeks ago, "**** you DPS clerics"
    now, "**** you healing rogues, we need more DPS"

dont forget

Mage then: stupid warrior tank, so worthless

Mage now: omg i have 55k hp gaiz look

balance is fine it's just you have clerics still healing, rogues healing, warriors barding and mages tanking of course it's gonna suck
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 05-08-2014 at 04:24 PM.

I can kill people just fine I think it is a good thing it lets people find out the most effective spec to use or otherwise just beat it.

If you are a good dps you can out damage healing,cc and burst at the appropriate times. Find the appropriate targets don't go beating down on 50k tanks especially if they are receiving heals. If there is a lot of cross healing it is important to have ae cc, drains, or pulls to isolate the enemy and focus fire (whatever is appropriate for your class). L2P! better Although the healing farce will wear off sooner or later. Someone will die eventually if your team is decent always look for the squishiest target and surprise them.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Come on, give Trion a little bit more credit. They don't limit themselves to only one way of killing PvP.

Ascendant

[QUOTE=Lords0fpain;4788780]
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaarielle;4788765, maybe you should have just joined PTS and given feedback for the PvP side...

Someone can correct me but I believe even the testers are primarily pve and "try" pvp for a shot or two. That's how it seemed last time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast