Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: de_dust2 PvP Tournament hosted by me and <Addiction> with prizes provided by Daglar!

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Default de_dust2 PvP Tournament hosted by me and <Addiction> with prizes provided by Daglar!

Edit: Cancelled, may or may not try again in the future.

Hello! :-O. I don't post here very often...but I'm here to actually announce a tournament, a very unique one to be exact...I'm not 100% sure how it will turn out, but I'm doing my best here. I am trying to get this done as quickly as possible and have even debated doing this in the first place, but decided to go along with it, so I apologize for the quick announcement and me trying to push this as fast as I can.

Prizes

So you probably want to know the prizes...well, I actually don't have any, but Daglar was nice enough to provide some so here is what he is offering:
    First place: Each team member will get a $20 credit pack and "a fancy mount" (or something off of the store), whatever that might mean :-).
    if not enough interest is shown, prizes may possibly not be given

Second place: "Some smaller stuff" - semi vague, but it's just what I've been told. I'm sure these can be ironed out soon and exact details can be given by Daglar, but this is the only information that I currently have.

The first part of the tournament.

It will be held at 4:30 PST on Sunday, May 18th. It will consist of ten teams of five, for a 5v5 deathmatch (If I can't get ten teams by that date, then we will go with however many number of teams we have, if there is an odd number of teams, the team that was the last to sign up will not be included, ie first come first serve for a spot). They will play best out of 3 (to save time) and the final two teams will move on to de_dust2 which will be further explained below. The team fight setups will be done via random rolling.

If interested, please PM me with your team name, and all of your team members in-game names and servers. I’m not sure if the faction bug that requires all team members to be on the same faction has been fixed or not...so just keep that in mind along with the fact that your group specs may drastically change if you are in the top two winning teams. You may not swap group members, once your group is in, you are locked. This is just a possibility that you may want a different composition for the final fight in de_dust2.

For the regular 5v5, it will be hosted in the Godlike Awesomeness arena on Deepwood and has the rules below
    • All gear is allowed.
    • Jete's Bouncemaster 5000 is not allowed.
    • Leaving the arena is not allowed.
    • New 2.7 souls are not allowed, including hybridization or even 0 point roots of them.
    • If you die, you cannot run back into the fight.
    • If you die, you cannot soul walk.
    • If any of the above rules are broken, your team will be immediately disqualified.

de_dust2

So, what is this de_dust2 I keep talking about? Well here is the thread for the dimension - http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...addiction.html and if you've never played CounterStrike (somehow), the rules are derived from it.

Rules

Counter-Terrorists v Terrorists (NF v Dom) - CT has 2 tanks of (roughly) equal gear and same spec standing at each bomb point. The tanks are not part of the participating teams and are unable to attack, move, or use any abilities, they serve as the objective - the bomb. The goal is for T to kill one of the tanks, if two tanks die, then the tank which dies first will act as the bomb trigger, killing both tanks will do nothing to help you, a single tank dying begins the timer. The timer will be 1 minute long, in which during this time CT has to use ascended resurrection (8s) on the tank. If the timer expires before their tank has been resurrected, T wins, if the tank that is killed gets resurrected by CT, CT wins. If T fails to kill any tank, CT wins. CT is able to heal the tanks, which means T must kill or disable CT healers, or attempt to burn through the heals. Alternatively, they can attempt to split their team and kill the tank away from the bulk of the fighting. Caveat: If the timer expires while a tank is dead, the match will continue until either the tank has been resurrected, the one minute timer has expired from the tank dying, or all of the CTs have died.

Upon the death of a tank (bomb), a message will be broadcasted to the zone via /1 (dimension) chat letting everyone know which bomb site has been activated (A/B) and how much time is remaining.

The teams will rotate, CT -> T, T -> CT...etc and the match will be best 3 of 5. Second caveat: if it turns out that it's too easy to win as CT and five games go by with CT winning every single time, then that is unfair to the team that initially started as T, therefore it will be decided by a 5v5 deathmatch within de_dust2. The initial team faction will be determined by a /roll 1-2.

5 minute timer via the dimension timer, 30s group respawn timer upon death, the "respawn gates" open at 4:30, 4:00, 3:30…etc. The respawns will be player enforced by people not participating in the tournament. If a player on a team leaves the spawn before allowed, their team will lose that match.
    • Player disconnects are your problem and you will not get a "pass" on that match if someone d/cs, in the event of a server/dimension crash, the match will be restarted.
    • No team may have more than two “pure” healers, Defiler counts as a healer. This is to prevent CT turtling and hopefully diversifying the roster.
    • New 2.7 souls are not allowed (Liberator, Physician, Oracle, Arbiter). This includes hybridization or 0 point abilities of the soul.
    • Stealth is not allowed.
    • Mounts are not allowed.
    • Jete's Bouncemaster 5000 is not allowed.
    • Exploitation of terrain not allowed - ie jumping on a box onto the top of the dimension, finding a place under the map to kill people, obvious exploitation of that kind.
    • You cannot battle rez the tank (objective).

Blatant disregard for the above rules or any unmentioned rules that can be noticed as an obvious exploit by the vast playerbase will result in immediate disqualification of that team.

Teams
    • 1:
    • 2:
    • 3:
    • 4:
    • 5:
    • 6:
    • 7:
    • 8:
    • 9:
    • 10:

Rules of de_dust2 are still somewhat up for changes as they have not been 100% playtested yet, but I will update the thread if anything changes.

Feel free to post any (constructive) feedback, questions, or concerns.
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 05-13-2014 at 08:08 PM.

Ascendant

That is an awesome idea to kill the tanks for a win!

Ascendant

Why the new souls aren't allowed??

Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    Why the new souls aren't allowed??
    Balance issues.

Will you be providing Tank PoV vods of this action?
    Zones@Sargeras
    RIP <Addiction>

Quote Originally Posted by BelZoness View Post
    Will you be providing Tank PoV vods of this action?
    Nope, I'll be getting two other tanks (still finding them). I'm not geared enough.

Preferred to either be Justicar or VK as Rogue has mobility stuff for active mit while the other two can just stand there (as far as I'm aware)
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 05-08-2014 at 01:55 PM.

While I cannot speak for everyone in my guild and channel, I encourage everyone not to participate in this.

Sincerely, Rgi@Deepwood <-Hello Kitty->
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    While I cannot speak for everyone in my guild and channel, I encourage everyone not to participate in this.
    And why would that be?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    And why would that be?
    because its not CQ

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
    because its not CQ
    Not true, Im supporting GA's 3v3 competition, I just don't support anything that would have a negative impact on the community.

I do wish all the luck to those that do participate in it though.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Not true, Im supporting GA's 3v3 competition, I just don't support anything that would have a negative impact on the community.
    Why would this have a negative impact on the community? I'm trying to do something innovative, new, and unique that hasn't been done before to bring a community together and show what's possible.

So what exactly is so wrong with this?
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 05-08-2014 at 02:31 PM.

I do wish all the luck to those that do participate in it though.
    Honestly it's worth doing just to play in televised's amazing dimension.

Ascendant

All gear allowed? that's gonna give unfair advantage to certain players due to OP PvE weap (since ppl will be focusing healers anyway)

Also you should state how much points can one get in to healing soul for it to not being count as healer, because for example:

I could make an oracle / defiler (or sent / puri instead of defiler) and have 2 other real healers on top of that. Is such thing allowed? How many points can players put in to healing souls for it to not count as 3rd healer?
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    All gear allowed? that's gonna give unfair advantage to certain players due to OP PvE weap (since ppl will be focusing healers anyway)
    I debated it and just decided to go with everything being allowed. I'm sure a lot of the people who may have some of the OP T3 weapons runebroke their old ones (I did) and don't have an alternative if they don't have a good PvP weapon. It just causes issues like that, although I agree that it's unfortunate to the players without the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    Also you should state how much points can one get in to healing soul for it to not being count as healer, because for example:

I could make an oracle / defiler (or sent / puri instead of defiler) and have 2 other real healers on top of that. Is such thing allowed? How many points can players put in to healing souls for it to not count as 3rd healer?
    That is...a really good question. I'm going to have to talk to some people and get back to you on that an update the rules, I never thought about it tbh, the main reason I limited healing was due to the 5m time limit. I went over the rules with some other people and this wasn't one of the issues that was ever thought of, so thanks.

Man I was with you until the no stealth rule. No nb or sin got to talk a rogue into MM or BD.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast