+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: I'm getting flashbacks to 1.7 release

Default I'm getting flashbacks to 1.7 release

This is what the valor buffs in 1.7 felt like.

DPS just stopping and standing in the middle of battle.

Also proves cross healing in Rift is the easiest thing ever since apparently all the new people can do it so well in a few hours, but people dpsing forever still can't. trolol
    Last edited by spaceboots; 05-07-2014 at 08:15 PM.

I know what you are saying, but in my opinion its mostly just the volume of healers, not so much healing itself.
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzoar View Post
    I know what you are saying, but in my opinion its mostly just the volume of healers, not so much healing itself.
    No thats true.

Some people just weren't around during 1.7
    Last edited by spaceboots; 05-07-2014 at 08:33 PM.

Ascendant

Focus fire bacame more important than ever >.> yet those noobs WL's try to aoe the healers lololo
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Yeah my first warfront did remind me of 1.7 right away.

Also if I had a buck for everytime someone un marked a healing warrior today and raged in chat about it I would be rich.
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

Mei

1.7 best patch
    Fluent

nothing will ever top the 1.4? patch that was intended to nerf parachimp, but buffed it by over 9000 percent instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzoar View Post
    This is exactly what it is. You can't "fix" it. It is nothing more than a pure volume thing. Warriors and Rogues could never heal this good, so they are. Clerics are still healing and I still see chloro mages. So basically there is just a ton of healers. Teams now are loaded with heals and DPS has gone downhill. I mean WF's where people should be ending with 500 - 1m damage, everyone is coming in at 300k or less.

The design is either something you keep or don't. I think it's just the initial craze. Everyone wants to play new souls and more heals are in WFs. To tweak mechanics around simply a volume increase is not that good of an idea. Because that will change and even, per chance, change dramatically match to match.

I'd say it's just initial craze~ There is nothing that broken going on, just tons of people playing heal roles for a change. Major paradigm shift.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    This is exactly what it is. You can't "fix" it. It is nothing more than a pure volume thing. Warriors and Rogues could never heal this good, so they are. Clerics are still healing and I still see chloro mages. So basically there is just a ton of healers. Teams now are loaded with heals and DPS has gone downhill. I mean WF's where people should be ending with 500 - 1m damage, everyone is coming in at 300k or less.

The design is either something you keep or don't. I think it's just the initial craze. Everyone wants to play new souls and more heals are in WFs. To tweak mechanics around simply a volume increase is not that good of an idea. Because that will change and even, per chance, change dramatically match to match.

I'd say it's just initial craze~ There is nothing that broken going on, just tons of people playing heal roles for a change. Major paradigm shift.

First there's not enough healers.

Now there are too many.

What does it take to please these people.

They even have puppies in warfronts with reindeer hats on.

NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK GOD DARN IT!
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

Rift warfronts now?

Are like random battlegrounds in wow, the only difference is that there multiboxers see the gear at a lower pace than the casuals in rated, and they get to hold the weapons when they are old news. Here they have to make up for the cash lost due to driving away the casual community, and throw in big price tags for gear. If they intend to pve, too, the cash doubles.
    The 40 man BG are the present conquest
    Casual pvp has no niche in Rift, I do not pay a sub for, and no aim for bis gear.

Itís not appropriate to compare the 3, 4 people that rule your warfronts with what was before F2P.

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    First there's not enough healers.

Now there are too many.

What does it take to please these people.

They even have puppies in warfronts with reindeer hats on.

NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK GOD DARN IT!
    reduce valor dmg reduction by 10% and increase healing reduction by 10%

i wouldn't mind a much higher TTK, but some nuke builds should be brought in line with sustain DPS specs before such a daring attempt should happen

Quote Originally Posted by micshaz View Post
    i wouldn't mind a much higher TTK, but some nuke builds should be brought in line with sustain DPS specs before such a daring attempt should happen
    I agree, but having to disregard 80.8% of a stat seems like you gave up on class balance, slapped a band aid on and called it a day. What's next 90% in 3.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post

This is serious. There are so many ways to abuse current wf objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcshayde View Post
    I agree, but having to disregard 80.8% of a stat seems like you gave up on class balance, slapped a band aid on and called it a day. What's next 90% in 3.0?
    that is probably what annoys me the most about Rift PvP - bandaid solutions, and a lot of them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast