+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 327
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: Physician

  1. #241
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    Violacea is right. A build like that would be utterly useless to everyone on the team except the physician himself. Sounds like a troll spec. Maybe useful for running stones in Scion... but the viability of a physician is incredible to begin with - why would you even spec so far into RS?!! Why not be pro heals and be useful to your team?

    If you see a phys and can tell he's spec'd more than 10 pts into rift stalker, just ignore him. He's not an asset to the team. He's not doing anything. It's like beating on a tank the whole match. Both of you would then be useless.
    Except that both of you ignore the fact that with proper usage of planar shifting you can not only have a sustained 30%+ crit chance (most rogues who were geared for dps have high cp!) but also have the raw numbers of a normal phys build without some of the oh ****! cds.

    I personally dont run it if i solo heal a pug( It has a lack of spread heal power and rescuing potential) , but with more healers it works like a charm, you can easily outheal anyone.

  2. #242
    Plane Walker eniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    Violacea is right. A build like that would be utterly useless to everyone on the team except the physician himself. Sounds like a troll spec. Maybe useful for running stones in Scion... but the viability of a physician is incredible to begin with - why would you even spec so far into RS?!! Why not be pro heals and be useful to your team?

    If you see a phys and can tell he's spec'd more than 10 pts into rift stalker, just ignore him. He's not an asset to the team. He's not doing anything. It's like beating on a tank the whole match. Both of you would then be useless.
    I can't hear you over the sound of being healed for 31k hp over 5s. If you want to turn down solid proof about something working, i can't imagine why - oh well actually i can, lol, bet you have never tried it and just yell "troll". Whatever, it's not my job to force people into the strongest specs, you can play what you want.

  3. #243
    Ascendant Gunzip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shhefu View Post
    Except that both of you ignore the fact that with proper usage of planar shifting you can not only have a sustained 30%+ crit chance (most rogues who were geared for dps have high cp!) but also have the raw numbers of a normal phys build without some of the oh ****! cds.

    I personally dont run it if i solo heal a pug( It has a lack of spread heal power and rescuing potential) , but with more healers it works like a charm, you can easily outheal anyone.
    Its not optimal, and not an asset to the team, I do not have a heavy RS build as a healer, its counter productive. And this would not be a reason to nerf rogue healing because of a troll specc that is of no use to anyone in pvp or pve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

    It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

  4. #244
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Its not optimal, and not an asset to the team, I do not have a heavy RS build as a healer, its counter productive. And this would not be a reason to nerf rogue healing because of a troll specc that is of no use to anyone in pvp or pve.
    A dead physician or a cc-ed physican is not optimal and not an asset to the team. This spec besides the points i already listed has 2 additional cc breaks , riftprison on a 20s cd and a huge survivability , also a 50% guard like ability , but ofc that doesnt count as helping your team!!

    Also what do you mean by counter productive , that it doesnt fit the notion of a squishy healer and therfore it must be bad?
    Last edited by Shhefu; 05-15-2014 at 07:43 AM.

  5. #245
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eniac View Post
    And this is exactly where you are wrong. Check here and look at the target of my target. 45k hp phys/rs having no trouble solo healing himself and me vs 4 dps at once, while being basically unkillable. You should try it out before you dismiss this build.
    Not wrong at all, you just are looking at the wrong thing. Whoa, awesome, a tanky build with heals who can keep itself up. Now have the same player be a viable asset to heal their entire team. The person who doesn't stack endurance or use moronic RS hybrids with physician is then the better player. But yeah, if you want to spend half phys and half RS to look cool staying alive against 4 people, go for it. Doesn't change the fact you gimp the hell out of the spec and its true potential.

    Horrible DPS and execution. Big HP pool means squat if your heals suck. Physican isn't heavy on mit at all and any it gets is from RS. X number of DPS is a pretty meaningless measure. I've seen 1 player who can pressure me hard, 2 who can take me out. And I've also seen 1 player who doesn't even cause me to need to use a finisher or anything more than a builder. All DPS are not equal, so for all I know you were just as good as soloing a physican/RS build. Which is about the next best idea to trying to solo a 61rs. a 61rs is pretty unkillable too, doesn't mean they do squat for their team. I see the same with physican/rs builds. Garbage build for 1 v 1 heros, which IIRC, you are. Drive through.

    I give up on these boards. Y'all are hopeless.
    Last edited by Violacea; 05-15-2014 at 07:44 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  6. #246
    Plane Walker eniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Not wrong at all, you just are looking at the wrong thing. Whoa, awesome, a tanky build with heals who can keep itself up. Now have the same player be a viable asset to heal their entire team. The person who doesn't stack endurance or use moronic RS hybrids with physician is then the better player. But yeah, if you want to spend half phys and half RS to look cool staying alive against 4 people, go for it. Doesn't change the fact you gimp the hell out of the spec and its true potential.

    Horrible DPS and execution. Big HP pool means squat if your heals suck. Physican isn't heavy on mit at all and any it gets is from RS. X number of DPS is a pretty meaningless measure. I've seen 1 player who can pressure me hard, 2 who can take me out. And I've also seen 1 player who doesn't even cause me to need to use a finisher or anything more than a builder. All DPS are not equal, so for all I know you were just as good as soloing a physican/RS build. Which is about the next best idea to trying to solo a 61rs. a 61rs is pretty unkillable too, doesn't mean they do squat for their team. I see the same with physican/rs builds. Garbage build for 1 v 1 heros, which IIRC, you are. Drive through.

    I give up on these boards. Y'all are hopeless.
    That would be true if the dps would attack the healer. They aren't, though. I'm the one eating the damage. I'm the one getting healed up, in a full dd spec. But i guess that doesn't count since we all are hopeless. Well there's no use trying to persuade someone who has already made up his mind, right?

  7. #247
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eniac View Post
    But i guess that doesn't count since we all are hopeless.
    That would be absolutely correct.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  8. #248
    General of Telara Sheo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Stalker phase 5% more healing more after blink, rs root abilities: +ap, more end, rift guard, 15% spell reduction, blinks, planar refuge and so on. Just needs to be good with plane shifting.
    I always preferred low tier rs abilities over arbiter.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

  9. #249
    Ascendant Appendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Y'all are hopeless.
    Yeah I dunno why I even bother. I've never seen so many useless rogues running dps specs with guardian phase on. Now we have our own version of a Cleric heals w/ shield except it's even more useless.





    (if you learned how to play your spec you wouldn't need to rely on RS for viability)

  10. #250
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brodian View Post
    Stalker phase 5% more healing more after blink, rs root abilities: +ap, more end, rift guard, 15% spell reduction, blinks, planar refuge and so on. Just needs to be good with plane shifting.
    I always preferred low tier rs abilities over arbiter.
    Its actually way stronger , stalker phase gives 5% passive heal increase and another 15% increased healing and 15% crit chance after plane shifting depending on how deep u are in the tree.

  11. #251
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    It's not worth getting in to RS healing wise because despite bonus from stalker phase after teleport you need target for most of them. Flashback can be purged and you lose too many strong CD's from Phys.


    If you count LI as EHP you'll get more this way than from RS hybrid.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

  12. #252
    Plane Walker eniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Here's a little more proof that doesn't matter, because talking down to someone and acting like a pretentious rogue expert clearly makes your point superior. If i could make a bet that none of you even tried the spec or bothered to really pay attention to the video, i guess i'd be rich now. Wait, i saved you the hassle, just eat on this. Ah did i mention you heave freakin 15% more crit on all heals? I'm really excited what your next argument is.

    Physician-damn-you-bad.jpg


    EDIT:

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    It's not worth getting in to RS healing wise because despite bonus from stalker phase after teleport you need target for most of them. Flashback can be purged and you lose too many strong CD's from Phys.


    If you count LI as EHP you'll get more this way than from RS hybrid.
    while the above post wasn't directed against you, you will never have a problem finding a target since requiring heals means there is an enemy nearby damaging you, which you can teleport to.
    Last edited by eniac; 05-15-2014 at 10:17 AM.

  13. #253
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I give up on these boards. Y'all are hopeless.
    Finally I won't have to scroll past mile long posts anymore.

  14. #254
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default lol

    looks like some people are mad cause they cant 2 or 3 shot us anymore http://forums.riftgame.com/images/smilies/jumpclap.gif

  15. #255
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eniac View Post
    Here's a little more proof that doesn't matter, because talking down to someone and acting like a pretentious rogue expert clearly makes your point superior. If i could make a bet that none of you even tried the spec or bothered to really pay attention to the video, i guess i'd be rich now. Wait, i saved you the hassle, just eat on this. Ah did i mention you heave freakin 15% more crit on all heals? I'm really excited what your next argument is.

    Attachment 18411


    EDIT:



    while the above post wasn't directed against you, you will never have a problem finding a target since requiring heals means there is an enemy nearby damaging you, which you can teleport to.
    Look at the abilities you lose by going for the hybrid. 5 free combo points, massive therapy which is huge burst, supportive care, intensive care and LI.

    Slight bonus to heal is not worth losing so many cds.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts