+ Reply to Thread

Thread: lets talk lowbie pvp

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

Default lets talk lowbie pvp

So, in the spirit of developing my pvp skills, and being an all round awesome player, i decided to roll a new warrior.

it was levelled mainly thru pvp, with some IA's thrown in to reduce the boredom.

here;s how it went :

=== 10-19 : just your usual, kite n kill. was at top of scoreboards 99% of the time, for both KB's and damage done. healers were somewhat hard to kill, especially puri's and wardens.

=== 20-29 : I unlocked charged pulse and arc in this bracket, it was a total massacre. you didnt stand a chance unless you had puri shields. LT + (arc) CP + skyfall = dead. warlord starts becoming a strong soul at this bracket. i had most competition from pyro mages, thanks to cinder burst and inferno.

=== 30-39 : currently at lvl 38. at this bracket, there's tons of assassins and mages. hardly any clerics. the ones that are present are purifiers. IMPOSSIBLE to kill unless there;s 3 or more peeps banging on them together. assassins unlock the from stealth stun in this bracket, making them highly annoying.

pyro mages become exceedingly dangerous. i was once hit by a 1k NON CRIT cinder burst. tho i had it coming (the guy hard casted it). many times i was taken out by combo of fireball > inferno > flame bolt. i nearly headbutted my PC in frustration.

TL;DR : warriors are gods in PVP until level ~30, then pyros start dominating. cant wait to hit lvl 41 so i can do an arc > CP+DP.

Soulwalker

I dominate with pyro from 21 np. Tempests are chumps, WL at higher brackets are more difficult.

warlord in 50s bracket is faceroll

Let's not.

Also, Stormzill
    STORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORM

Default hi

WL in the 50s bracket absolutely destroys.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SWGMOD010 View Post
    Let's not.
    why not?

arent the newbies part of the game?

shouldnt we even talk about what sort of expericne they are having at their pvp levels?

typical 50s as warlord

http://i.imgur.com/OzUPFIM.jpg

Plane Touched

I tend to spend more time in the lower brackets than at 60 but here's my take:

-Pyros dominate until about the 50s, but all of the other souls for mage are pretty much garbage besides Chloro.

-Rogues generally aren't very strong until mid 40s...typically just very squishy with low survivability and not enough DPS yet. Assassin, NB/RS, and Bard are the more successful builds earlier than others.

-Warlord is pretty strong all of the way but is a beast by the 40s-50s+(WL/Pally is godmode in the 50s). Tempest is ok, but not the OPness it used to be. Paragon is great if you have good heals.

-Pretty much all cleric healing is OP until about the 50s and mostly including the 50 brackets. Inq doesn't start getting decent until 40+ but is insane at lvl 57-59 specifically. Surprisingly enough, Druid can be very effective in the late 40s and 50s with little support and Shaman as well with a lot of support.

We'll see how 2.7 changes things though with the class balances and new souls.
    Last edited by Zindrix; 05-07-2014 at 10:40 PM.

physician is pretty solid in 50s bracket now from the few matches i played against some. Like any other healer you will struggle to kill them 1v1 before others arrive.

Fik
    Rift Chaser

Mages are amazing in anything below 50 IMO, my main is a mage and it was incredible to see cinder bursts hit for nearly the same amount as my main 60 mages in the 60 bracket. On my rogue they were hunting me down lol and turning me into little gibs!

Once valor starts to play into the game, that's when the dps of mages dies!

My rogue is demolishing mages pretty well now! Loving the 55+ bracket!
    Last edited by Fik; 05-08-2014 at 09:25 AM.

Soulwalker

i just made uber op mage build for low lvls
    main ele 2 in domi 6 in arbiter
    you literally melt ppl in 2s or less, i always top dmg and kills, sometimes my dmg is 2 times the next top dps and its all burst st...

+ Reply to Thread