+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ice cream inside

Default ice cream inside

Daglar, please buff sin (glass cannon made of paper), nb (too centered around CDs) and WL (needs viable utility). pyro is a bit too bursty, same with shaman, so get everyone up to that level and balance would be perfect

thanks

Rift Disciple

I would be happy with a healing debuff skill in the war pa tree.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    Daglar, please buff sin (glass cannon made of paper), nb (too centered around CDs) and WL (needs viable utility). pyro is a bit too bursty, same with shaman, so get everyone up to that level and balance would be perfect

thanks
    Un-nerf dps soul heals (would help BD a lot, but it would also help sin. NB's is already at this state). Give high point BD a viable but not overpowered amount of dodge/parry also so it can compete head to head with melee type builds instead of just boosting its HP or mit. This would also only make it stronger against physical (as it seems intended), not all damage.

Do what sprawl said to NB. Make it somehow not suck when CD's are down. Without CD's it is pretty much a highly watered down, short range MM without the utility. Even BD tempo's a few down in priority hurt more than NB without CD's.

I think for sin Slip Away should make you immune to damage those 3 seconds again. I never saw why that was broken. It made slip away a viable escape when there was 893248903 buffs on you. That or add a cleanse to it so sins can use the PA cleanse without feeling like they are setting themselves up for an easily blown HV when they slip away without Cleanse Soul. I am not sure what you would buff to sin though. It is a very powerful Rogue spec at 61. It's pure out-right evasiveness, imo, makes it okay where it is at (perma/fast movement stealth. HV safety net for breaking stealth, no questions asked slip away auto stealth). Also the temp buff is able to be maintained fairly well and poison malice is a powerful ability with a short reuse. If anything make puncture or impale hit harder. Keep a sin healed and that whole need to stealth starts to fade away and the 1m cd poison malice & thread of death are enough to keep it fairly powerful on the battlefield. Not to mention pairing it with a DPS combined with it's charge makes it probably one of the best melee at actually being melee. I think it is slightly easier to be in melee with a sin than BD. Although BD gets by at moments because of powerful AoE's that don't require pure melee.
    Last edited by Violacea; 05-07-2014 at 01:26 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

^^ i hope he was trolling, if not i dont even know. sin is not a glass cannon, i dont know how something with 35-38k hp and 40+ seconds of 17% mitigation with all cd's up is squishy at all.

pulls are utility btw.
    Last edited by ecru; 05-07-2014 at 01:31 PM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

all they really need to do in order to achieve perfect pvp balance is remove debilitating poison from sin and give it to WL (or maybe low in the paragon tree)

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post

thanks
    you'll not fool me with your trickery
    stormhak stormbar stormkvinde kagestorm stormelver

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    all they really need to do in order to achieve perfect pvp balance is remove debilitating poison from sin and give it to WL (or maybe low in the paragon tree)
    yeah, remove it from one dps soul and give it to another. makes perfect sense.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    ^^ i hope he was trolling, if not i dont even know. sin is not a glass cannon, i dont know how something with 35-38k hp and 40+ seconds of 17% mitigation with all cd's up is squishy at all.

pulls are utility btw.
    Sin doesnt have that much HP, you are talking about specific sub soul hybrid with endurance runes. I got full DPS Sin and it got only 27k hp (without RS points) and full DPS orbs / pvp runes.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Healing damage and even cooldowns like No permission to die, and fusion of flesh are nerfed in pvp, and Links still remain untouched.

They need a serious tune-up, because a permanent 30% damage reduction is a little overpowered. If that's the case, make my 25% guard permanent.
    Martym@Seastone Rank 82 Mage
    Munstane - R83 Warrior -Godlike Awesomeness- @ Deepwood
    YUBERXMEGA R80 Cleric - Terrible Idea @ Deepwood
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5129/3548n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    Healing damage and even cooldowns like No permission to die, and fusion of flesh are nerfed in pvp, and Links still remain untouched.
    it's amazing how every time you post you soar to new levels of ignorance

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    Sin doesnt have that much HP, you are talking about specific sub soul hybrid with endurance runes. I got full DPS Sin and it got only 27k hp (without RS points) and full DPS orbs / pvp runes.
    i have one endurance rune on my gloves and that's it, still sit at 37k with a feast and an endurance buff, 38k with a bard buff. this is with 11rs and some cp gear from a box with less end.

full dps sin is squishy because you make it squishy, but i don't see any real reason to play the soul that way in pvp. the difference in dps is about 10-15% but the difference in survivability you get from 35% more hp worth a lot more, plus extra protection from a purge with planebound resilience. i still parse 17.5-18k on a dummy w/my build and with my pve build it's maybe 10% higher, not a big deal really.

phantom blow and shadow assault are both dps boosts over a savage strike too, which doesn't hurt. i don't see why you wouldn't run at least 4rs in your build, that should push you over 30k and you still get twilight force. 10mm/5rs and 11nb/4rs can both be very solid builds imo.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Plane Walker

They need a serious tune-up, because a permanent 30% damage reduction is a little overpowered. If that's the case, make my 25% guard permanent.
    CLERIC

DEFILER
    * Link of Agony: Now intercepts 20% of damage in PVP. It still intercepts 30% damage in PVE.
    * Link of Suffering: Now intercepts 15% of damage in PVP. It still intercepts 20% damage in PVE.
    Luxie@greybriar
    Healmesloots@deepwood

Plane Walker

Links were adjusted down a couple weeks after the last valor adjustment.

This completely gutted Defiler and it is no longer a viable option in PvP. Oh nevemind... it's still the best healer by a big margin and puts any team without one at a huge disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post

pulls are utility btw.
    It has that HP if you go all out with END runes and/or hybridize it with RS.

If you have that much HP, you are not as glass cannon as you can be. I have about 27 - 29k hp. That is about right for pure glass cannon, especially as higher DPS pieces of gear are dropping END in turn for the higher DPS. But stacking END or hybridizing with RS is not glass cannon. My toon has pretty decent gear to dish damage with, so I doubt I am somehow missing an opportunity where I can add 600 some END to my current mix. I would have to do things like swap DPS talents/runes for HP or use souls with passive HP boosts, which do so at the cost of DPS.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

i don't think there is any noticeable dps loss going 4-5rs because of the ap/weapon damage in the tree compared to any other sub soul.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast