+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Brilliant idea

Default Brilliant idea

So i came up with this brilliant idea of a pvp warfront objective. TEAM DEATHMATCH! Strictly whoever scores more kills or reaches a limit wins. I hate running to flags and spend most of my warfront time looking at the loading bar and then guard for 30+ seconds there just to see no enemies that shows up. When you think about it, all the objectives are PvE based to win.

And new maps please!
    Last edited by BouncyHippo; 05-05-2014 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncyHippo View Post
    So i came up with this brilliant idea of a pvp warfront objective. TEAM DEATHMATCH! Strictly whoever scores more kills or reaches a limit wins. I hate running to flags and spend most of my warfront time looking at the loading bar and then guard for 30+ seconds there just to see no enemies that shows up. When you think about it, all the objectives are PvE based to win.

And new maps please!
    why are you waiting at a point not being attacked for over 30 seconds?

Default Deductive reasoning.

TDM would be a logical game mode for pvp players.
    Trion is not logical
    Therefore Trion will not give us TDM.
    Last edited by Raistlinxx; 05-05-2014 at 07:05 AM.

And new maps please!
    They did...it is called dimensions PvP and for a few credits you can do all the death matches you want. I agree with you, but it is trion logic, that rules the day and the game...
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

I've thought for years Bonus scion should give TDM a shot.

Replace NPC's/points of interest with power-ups. Like that Wheel Codex style map. Spread out powerups.
    Last edited by Violacea; 05-05-2014 at 07:40 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlinxx View Post
    Trion is not logical
    TDM is not great for mmos, especially pugs and random team comps. it would lead to healer standoffs, stealth trolling, snowball matches, etc. might as well just go back to asking for 3v3 or 5v5 arenas
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 05-05-2014 at 08:11 AM.

Rift Disciple

A better idea would to be un-install and play a better pvp mmo.
    Too many bads in game like the two comedians asking for warlord nerfs. Problem with rift pvp is no elo rating or a working one at least. They think they are better than they actually are.

Seen one of the moaners back peddle like he is trying to make the moonwalk cool. Also 0 pvp consumables feast or elixir. That person also plays rogue which is one of the most versatile pvp classes at the moment.

But rift pvp is all but dead really. Far more concern in pets and artifacts than anything else let. With the new souls brings new problems.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    why are you waiting at a point not being attacked for over 30 seconds?
    Stealthed rogue? It's what all the cool kids are doing.
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

I also think the idea of a 4v4v4v4. This way its not totally lop sided and the other team gets farmed. And if one of the team is dominating still, they have to stand in the middle in a lighted circle and the other 3 teams will spawn around it. This way the middle team may have to fight 12 people. I seen too many one sided fights and yes it does get boring and people start leaving.

I also think when its just 2 teams fighting each other, camping does occur. The spawned people should get a invincibility buff and take no damage or debuffs for awhile.

CQ is too big of a map and its too much PvE involved. This is totally different.
    Last edited by BouncyHippo; 05-05-2014 at 07:26 PM.

I also think the idea of a 4v4v4v4. This way its not totally lop sided and the other team gets farmed. And if one of the team is dominating still, they have to stand in the middle in a lighted circle and the other 3 teams will spawn around it. This way the middle team may have to fight 12 people. I seen too many one sided fights and yes it does get boring and people start leaving.

I also think when its just 2 teams fighting each other, camping does occur. The spawned people should get a invincibility buff and take no damage or debuffs for awhile.

CQ is too big of a map and its too much PvE involved. This is totally different.

Would be like n64 battle mode quadrupled.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Prophet of Telara

A 5v5v5 mode would give premades an unfair advantage in an unfair setting which can be used as a way to place the odds against them in a pug setting. I think it is pretty good idea for a warfront which is premade intended but pug allowed. 5v5v5v5 would be the most optimal design concept IMO. Trion logic though.. ohh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpypants View Post
    A better idea would to be un-install and play a better pvp mmo.
    Too many bads in game like the two comedians asking for warlord nerfs. Problem with rift pvp is no elo rating or a working one at least. They think they are better than they actually are.

Seen one of the moaners back peddle like he is trying to make the moonwalk cool. Also 0 pvp consumables feast or elixir. That person also plays rogue which is one of the most versatile pvp classes at the moment.

But rift pvp is all but dead really. Far more concern in pets and artifacts than anything else let. With the new souls brings new problems.
    sometimes when i heal, i move exclusively using S and the arrow keys just because its so damn easy

i just want more WF in general , anything will do at this point (probably going to regret that last bit)

We had a TDM warfront. Nobody queued for it.

Quote Originally Posted by littlepoit View Post
    i just want more WF in general , anything will do at this point (probably going to regret that last bit)
    People said this and we got Karthan Ridge: Domination. Just when you thought Trion couldn't create PvP content that discouraged fighting more than Stillmoor CQ (at the time anyway), Daglar ups his game. I cannot conceive of what they could possibly do to make a worse PvP map, but that doesn't mean they couldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlinxx View Post
    Trion is not logical
    They already gave us TDM, two of them, both active as of last night too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast