+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Depleted lock boxes make Rifts PVP pay to win .

Soulwalker

Default Depleted lock boxes make Rifts PVP pay to win .

I've been with Rift since the beta test. I've recently seen that its possible to upgrade epic Myrmidon armor to legendary armor by collecting depleted infinity shard 550 of which make a depleted infinity cell . You can get these shards through doing conquests and warfronts . Also you can get them through lock boxes available in the cash shop . Admitedly these are limited to between 6 and 10 shards per lock box and they are available for 1800 warlords marks but they are also available for 650 credits . This means theoretically if someone is willing to spend enough money they can buy legendary weapons and armor . It kind of breaks Trions pledge that top level gear would not be available for real money in the cash shop . In my view this makes it a pay to win game . I have unsubscribed and uninstalled the game . I also doubt that I will play archeage now .
    Last edited by googajoob; 05-05-2014 at 04:10 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by googajoob View Post
    I've been with Rift since the beta test. I've recently seen that its possible to upgrade epic Myrmidon armor to legendary armor by collecting depleted infinity shard 550 of which make a depleted infinity cell . You can get these shards through doing conquests and warfronts . Also you can get them through lock boxes available in the cash shop . Admitedly these are limited to between 6 and 10 shards per lock box and they are available for 1800 warlords marks but they are also available for 650 credits . This means theoretically if someone is willing to spend enough money they can buy legendary weapons and armor . It kind of breaks Trions pledge that top level gear would not be available for real money in the cash shop . In my view this makes it a pay to win game . I have unsubscribed and uninstalled the game . I also doubt that I will play archeage now .
    If they can be bought with Warlord marks its not pay to win by any reasonable definition. If you want to quit, stop trying to justify and quit. But don't blame Trion or especially Archeage (which has nothing to do with this) into the equation.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 05-05-2014 at 05:16 AM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Before you buy the boxes for the shards you are better off paying a decent guild to give you 6 RiCs through FT/EE.
    Last edited by Soulshield; 05-05-2014 at 05:30 AM.
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    If they can be bought with Warlord marks its not pay to win by any reasonable definition. If you want to quit, stop trying to justify and quit. But don't blame Trion or especially Archeage (which has nothing to do with this) into the equation.
    Not really. Whether it can be bought with Warlord marks or not has nothing to do with p2w. It's that it can be bought with credits that makes it p2w.

For example, BiS PvE gear (t3 raid gear) can be be bought with marks only or kills. It can't be bought with credits. If they add a credit option for t3 raid gear then it is p2w too. Same thing with PvP.

By your argument, if they add a credit option for t3 raid gear, it isn't p2w since you can buy using t3 raid marks.
    Last edited by irkiz; 05-05-2014 at 05:53 AM.
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

Prophet of Telara

If the only way they were available was Cash then I'd call it P2W. As it is, aside from it being available in several other ways that you yourself mentioned, there is always REX. Howeverm if this bothers you that much, I doubt you will be missed. Instead of coming and announcing it, just go next time. I doubt you will really leave or be gone for long though. Otherwise you probably wouldn't come advertise it.
    Lathais@Deepwood - <The Praetorians> - 60 Rogue
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project

Quote Originally Posted by irkiz View Post
    Not really. Whether it can be bought with Warlord marks or not has nothing to do with p2w. It's that it can be bought with credits that makes it p2w.

For example, BiS PvE gear (t3 raid gear) can be be bought with marks only or kills. It can't be bought with credits. If they add a credit option for t3 raid gear then it is p2w too. Same thing with PvP.

By your argument, if they add a credit option for t3 raid gear, it isn't p2w since you can buy using t3 raid marks.
    Better comparison would be if they sell parts of a Bloodstorm soul. Before you upgrade myrm gear with the shards you have to get the myrm marks to upgrade your previous gear.
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    If the only way they were available was Cash then I'd call it P2W. As it is, aside from it being available in several other ways that you yourself mentioned, there is always REX. Howeverm if this bothers you that much, I doubt you will be missed. Instead of coming and announcing it, just go next time. I doubt you will really leave or be gone for long though. Otherwise you probably wouldn't come advertise it.
    Oh really? Look Trion! The players won't mind if you add a credit option for t3 raid gear! Quick do it! You got the green light now!
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by irkiz View Post
    Oh really? Look Trion! The players won't mind if you add a credit option for t3 raid gear! Quick do it! You got the green light now!
    Personally, I wouldn't mind. I still would not buy it. Besides, having the gear does not mean you beat the bosses either. It does not automatically give you the boss achievements.
    Lathais@Deepwood - <The Praetorians> - 60 Rogue
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project

Plane Touched

Yep, I'm just waiting for this change to be rolled back...

I doubt they'll remove gear from those who bought it, but this lockbox + cash shop purchase of BiS has to go.

I don't get the sense that Rift's community is in favour of P2Win to this extreme level, so I don't see why the Devs are doing this.

NB. I'm saying this as a patron, so don't mind supporting the game, but this went too far.
    Last edited by styl; 05-05-2014 at 08:15 AM.

Another thread about this????? People, USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION.
    Last edited by ilex011; 05-05-2014 at 08:17 AM. Reason: and it isn't pay to win, it's pay to get stuff a little quicker.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Champion

Draw the line somewhere...Yada yada yada and so forth!

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by googajoob View Post
    This means theoretically if someone is willing to spend enough money they can buy legendary weapons and armor.
    Theoretically is the key word there. A full set of relic myrmidon gear would cost thousands of dollars, you'd still have to grind out the prestige levels to use it anyways, and just because you have that gear doesn't mean you'll be any good with it.
    Twocents@Deepwood

<Mirage>

I'm the rainbow ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    Before you buy the boxes for the shards you are better off paying a decent guild to give you 6 RiCs through FT/EE.
    Lol what? The boxes are 1800 Warlord Marks. "IF" the OP is in myrm he can just blow away his Warlord marks. and to the FT/EE run. he better have a fortune of plat on him.
    A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. -Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by styl View Post
    Yep, I'm just waiting for this change to be rolled back...

I doubt they'll remove gear from those who bought it, but this lockbox + cash shop purchase of BiS has to go.

I don't get the sense that Rift's community is in favour of P2Win to this extreme level, so I don't see why the Devs are doing this.

NB. I'm saying this as a patron, so don't mind supporting the game, but this went too far.
    It isnt and never will be "rolled back" (Correct me if Im wrong) But Daglar said they were staying
    A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. -Lao Tzu

Soulwalker

These lock boxes go against everything Trion promised when it went free to play. Up until now top tear gear has only been available through earning it in game . Now they are allowing those to be obtained easier through buying something in the cash shop . I hope they sell a lot of them to offset the numbers of players they have lost . If Trion are in charge of Archeages cash shop rather than XL games then I wouldn't look twice at it now . As a company they can no longer be trusted .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast