+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: rogue>warrior

Default rogue>warrior

All the crying is going on about warlords being op and I wish I would of made a rogue instead. I would trade a similarly geared rogue for my toon right now if that sort of thing was allowed!!

Quote Originally Posted by RainDogs View Post
    All the crying is going on about warlords being op and I wish I would of made a rogue instead. I would trade a similarly geared rogue for my toon right now if that sort of thing was allowed!!
    Let me try this again....All the crying that is going on.......Where is the edit button dammit!

Got this tell at the start of the round, and then the round ended later.

(I love just jumping on the screenshot proof bandwagon)

http://i.imgur.com/FMLtcCY.jpg - first someone directed some tone of disdain towards me because of spec choice while playing a random WF - no probs though.

http://i.imgur.com/hfeDcu0.jpg - But why is the question. (match ended and we win, go team.)

I don't know? Does this prove something screenshot analysts?
    Last edited by Violacea; 05-03-2014 at 12:29 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post

http://i.imgur.com/FMLtcCY.jpg - first someone directed some tone of disdain towards me because of spec choice while playing a random WF - no probs though.

http://i.imgur.com/hfeDcu0.jpg - But why is the question. (match ended and we win, go team.)

It proves you died. #1 rule of screen shots is don't take ones where you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    It proves you died. #1 rule of screen shots is don't take ones where you die.
    If you ain't dying you ain't trying. Deaths mean nothing, results mean everything. However, you will have a hurdle of overcome if you take deaths, which makes good performance under the circumstance of taken deaths even more worthy.

Lets put it this way. Is it embarrassing or not embarrassing to lose on the parse to a guy who died more than you? The answer is, it is embarrassing. It's always fun to poke fun at a guildie after you die and still top their parse. Now, deaths are for shame if they land you in highly undesired spots. It proves if you didn't die, maybe you could perform better. But when the guy who dies is top performing. Geez, good thing he died. Keep the beast on a leash if you know what I'm saying.
    Last edited by Violacea; 05-03-2014 at 12:34 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Funny, I always said we need NPC which allow switching callings as we can switch roles, so everybody can play everything in PvP without causing balance issues from hybridizations.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post

Faeblara > you

Plane Touched

I agree that warriors are somewhat overtuned currently, but when a rogue NB/SIN with 33k hp can kill me (Full myrm WL) in less than 5 seconds then something is much more broken than WL.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by RainDogs View Post
    Power level a rogue in a week or less. I leveled my rogue in about three weeks just queing pvp and running pve in between que pops. I usually joined wfs at 1 second left, fought, ended, qued, continued pve and so on. Instant adventures at primerime speeds things up. A friend can power level you but its boring.

I enjoy my rogue about as much as my 90 warrior.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    I agree that warriors are somewhat overtuned currently, but when a rogue NB/SIN with 33k hp can kill me (Full myrm WL) in less than 5 seconds then something is much more broken than WL.
    Ive a nb sin. Its a really good ganking spec. Not really something id take to impact a wf save for posting at one flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Power level a rogue in a week or less. I leveled my rogue in about three weeks just queing pvp and running pve in between que pops. I usually joined wfs at 1 second left, fought, ended, qued, continued pve and so on. Instant adventures at primerime speeds things up. A friend can power level you but its boring.

I enjoy my rogue about as much as my 90 warrior.
    Yeah that is how I leveled my warrior and the wz's were really fun pre 60. I think people underestimate stealth and the surprise element. I have played rogues in every mmo I have played and I decided to try out a warrior in this one.

Shadowlander

I have a max geared rogue, which I honestly cba to play anymore. Viable melee, consists of pocket healed warlords, and id rather join em then compete with an inferior class tbh,

Playing my warrior atm, because I just cant see the point of doing 10% more dps and dieing, while I can do similar dps and face tank a raid.

If someone wants to give Blade dancer the same passive mitigation, more hp and a good defensive cool down, it might be on par with warlord and worth playing.

Until then, ill just macro'd all my abilities into 3-4 buttons. Face tank everything, and do top dps, because its truly easy mode.
    Barbra@Gelidra - R90 Rogue
    Candece@Gelidra - R70 Warrior

Plane Walker

Rogues are a powerful class, when you get high rank and start adding gear/runes etc, but they also die quite quickly when focused.

Here are my epeen pics! I had 24.6k hp during this encounter and apart from slip away, nothing in the way of defensive abilities. Perhaps you can count the Gas/Powder abilities, but they are pretty rubbish since we are a DoT class and they break on damage.

3 healers vs 1 healer, so not like our team had the big heal advantage, I was second healer on my team after drinking two Torvan Stouts...

http://i.imgur.com/RaajOp2.jpg

Still pwned

http://i.imgur.com/fGdIRQE.jpg

That was a lot of stealth attacking groups of two or three at flags, usually including a healer.

Admittedly, their healers were not great, probably lower geared, and went down pretty quickly under the barrage (including use of barrage), but then I was left, out of stealth, cool downs spent, fighting usually other rogues. Or warriors.

One battle I did have with a warrior out in the open after killing a cleric, I had to resort to kiting him, I think he would have got me in the end, I was quite low health and not really hurting him much, but the game ended Cleric helped me a little in that fight by teleporting, which allowed me to leap/plunge to them and away from the darn Warrior.

Whether rogues are overpowered is a big question. Sure they do have good damage and slip away, but really nothing else defensive in the big DPS builds, they give up that defense for offense.

Warriors are overpowered because they have the offense and defense. Though I am sure that none would believe it. A warrior doing top damage with 75%+ single target damage, while having 40k hp and a full array of defensive abilities is far more overpowering then a rogue who seems to have none.

Whenever i see these qq threads

I just want to

want to.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUDVMiITOU

I think op is saying that rogues can stealth and stay stealth even when damaged, rogues have the best healing ability in the game for a dps soul, rogues have a 15second immunity to all debuffs, rogues can destroy mana or power in 3 or 4 attacks, they are not energy starved, and they have all the attributes to win in every situation given.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast