+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Charsi
  • 1 Post By Tohrid
  • 1 Post By Aveleys

Thread: This need to stop!

Soulwalker

Default This need to stop!

Change something about the 60 ladder bg.
    People with like 500 attunements points, cannot stay in the same place where there are people with 1000 ones.
    Or, since it's IMPOSSIBLE, to argue with nerds that are like "I'm rank 90" or "My other char is rank 90. You **** you noob I know everything you don't", make something that separates people with 90 rank or something.
    THERE'S NO FIGHT!
    Where should I seek for entertainment in something that I'll know that will be a sure win or a sure loss?
    Why would I STAY and fight properly?
    This is BORING.
    50-54 and 55-59 were way funnier and challenging than this.

In every mmo (in pvp) people with worse gear or worse skill should support those with better gear or skill. I am saying this from perspective of not even full freelancer rogue.
    Nehriska@Bloodiron - cleric

Shadowlander

Default Relax

It's not as bad as it seems. I think you had the wrong expectations diving into 60 for the first time. No you're not going to be able to 1vs1 people in most cases and no you're not going to be able make people drop like flies from afar.

But there are plenty of good things you can still do. Like the above poster mentioned, support is probably your biggest contribution until you have some good gear. You can also play ranged pressure builds and do quite well. Even tanking you can do very well if your team has no tanks.

The bottom line is that this is a progression game (Class levels, more levels hidden in the form of gear, more levels hidden in the form of PA, and more levels hidden in the form of CQ buffs). You have to realize that in reality you're not getting any better at the game when your levels go up. you're just getting ARTIFICIALLY stronger regardless of any skill or knowledge you may have. There is only ONE purpose for that type of game design.... UNFAIR FIGHTS... so you kind of signed up for this. Why are you complaining? What did you think levels were for?

Be patient and grind and one day you will be the one with the unfair advantage.

Soulwalker

No, stats are not the only thing I'm talking about.
    I don't think that a lot of unexperienced player would go up from 500 PA points.
    Also, I don't think Rift (as many games onestly) are made to give unfair fights. In fact: why would they put a buff that enhances your gears in bgs?
    And of course, it USUALLY and I mean like VERY USUALLY, one team is made by monkeys and the other is made with, not really over pro guys, but normal, man!
    Some people shouldn't be even able to join pvp if they didn't do any at lower levels.
    It's so frustrating when you see someone that is not even able to jump COME ON!
    Another thing that happens ever so often is that when there are mages and clerics, they will not switch their spec to healer when the entire team is made of dps and can't switch because they're assassins and warriors. Some of them REFUSE to don't go healer because they don't get protection... Well. if you go into the enemy team like in the middle of a bathroom emergency, I don't think I can help!
    I'm ok with dps team, but please, be players, not mobs! Why would you attack a tank?!? It's a tank, you see he's not getting any damages at all!

I never expected it to say, but, I can't wait the next patch and throw my healing swords at people at this point...
    Last edited by RyuOH; 05-03-2014 at 12:38 PM.

One of the reasons I quit. It's just boring after a while. At least they supposedly implemented a hidden ELO that does nothing.
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by RyuOH View Post
    Another thing that happens ever so often is that when there are mages and clerics, they will not switch their spec to healer when the entire team is made of dps and can't switch because they're assassins and warriors. Some of them REFUSE to don't go healer because they don't get protection... Well. if you go into the enemy team like in the middle of a bathroom emergency, I don't think I can help!
    I never expected it to say, but, I can't wait the next patch and throw my healing swords at people at this point...
    This is an old argument. Heres how its ended. When you come to my house and pay my patron subscription and buy my computer, you can tell me what class/role to play. Heres a good example of why some players dont switch roles. Why would I go Chloro to heal a 15K dps in blue pve gear (not saying this is you, just saying in general) who is gonna get 3 shot anyways when even with my heals, when my 33k HP pyro can probably take out 3 opposing team members that that the one 15k hp DPS cant even scratch? Most pug warfronts are sadly very little about teamwork, they are more about solo performance in a zerg. Watch how long baddies attack the bridge in Scion instead of killing idols while the other team runs stones for 30 points each. By the time they take the bridge the score deficit is unbridgeable. Why would you heal that? pad your stats?
    Last edited by The Ic0N; 05-03-2014 at 12:43 PM.
    Enforcer | Schwarzeneggar | Enforced <-- Myrmidon

Tempagon PvP Video

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by The Ic0N View Post
    This is an old argument. Heres how its ended. When you come to my house and pay my patron subscription and buy my computer, you can tell me what class/role to play.
    This only answer would satisfy my curiosity already. Too bad that's not the problem.

Why don't people just delete the game already if they are this upset. It not like game came out last week and has some serious bug issues. You guys are complaining about the basis of the game. If you don't like it don't play it, jesus. The game even provided you with an uninstall feature.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Charsi View Post
    In every mmo (in pvp) people with worse gear or worse skill should support those with better gear or skill. I am saying this from perspective of not even full freelancer rogue.
    Pretty much this. IF you want to be useful. There's often not enough fresh lvl 60 to give them their own bracket, that's why you'll sometimes get matched with fully stacked r90.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tohrid View Post
    Why don't people just delete the game already if they are this upset. It not like game came out last week and has some serious bug issues. You guys are complaining about the basis of the game. If you don't like it don't play it, jesus. The game even provided you with an uninstall feature.
    Hope.

I am quitting for the second time. I thought PvP was bad at 50 (I was rank 8 when that meant something before I quit). Now it's just a waste of time. I understand grinds. I understand chasing gear. i simply can't get my head around just how bad WF are now.

As for healing. I usually start healing. The first time I run by my "teammates", and I do use that word advisedly, with a rogue on my behind only to be ignored, then yelled at how my heals suck, I go DPS. And don't really care any more how the match turns out.

Want to know why there are so few healers? Because a lot of us are tired of healing abusive morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Charsi View Post
    It usually works out the other way though.

I end up having to roll chloromancer because nobody else heals, even though im far more valuable as a DPS'er because I actually know not only how to DPS but who to DPS and when to dps them.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

I thought the OP was referring to virrulent and drakanish's threads.

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    I thought the OP was referring to virrulent and drakanish's threads.
    Why would you ever want that to stop?

Champion of Telara

It takes like a week to get full Freelancer gear. The problem is not nearly as bad as you characterize it here. Adjust your spec according to your gear.

+ Reply to Thread