+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Depleted Supply Crates and BiS items

Default Depleted Supply Crates and BiS items

For those of us that played before FTP and was told that it was not going to be PTW.....

Things that make you go hmmmmmm......

Discussion of BiS/Top end items being sold at the launch of Free to Play on the Rift store in Reddit and Rift Forums:

Reddit:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...nla3?context=1

Rift forums:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post4241962

Post #486 - Page 33 of the thread.

Daglar

Rift Team

Originally Posted by RoughRaptors
    "This is pay to win. Your "non pay to win" description is flawed. If you get a bonus to raid marks, then it's pay to win. GG"

Everyone is going to have a different definition of pay to win - it will debated from the beginning of time until the end of time.

A line has to be drawn somewhere, and the line we drew was at gear and actual stat bonuses. You can't buy the best gear in the game, and we don't sell boosts that make you more powerful.

~Daglar

Also a Free to Play FAQ:

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...t-f2p-faq.html

Where a lot of quotes/information can be found about Free to Play

--Sorry for format, this was copied from another source outside of Rift Forums.
    Last edited by Tohrid; 05-03-2014 at 04:40 AM.

Rift Disciple

When I asked about pvp dimensions being credit only I got a response of "the core game is ftp, pvp dimensions aren't a requirement to enjoy the game" normal dimensions aren't core game play but u can earn them a number of ways.

I think people are missing the core point of this complaint. They aren't complaining that there is no method to get those lockboxes through in-game methods. What they are complaining about is that since those lockboxes contain BiS pvp gear, it should not be purchasable using credits at all. It should only be purchasable using in-game methods.

I recall someone saying that BiS gear will never be available via credits and that is what the entire complaint regarding pvp lockboxes is about.
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

I've used bonus credits and left over credits on the boxes but, I wouldn't be bothered if credit option for them was removed. If it was going to, better done sooner than later.'

I am sure it earns insane money, it sells some of the best PvP items there are. That is past the line we all wanted drawn.
    Last edited by Violacea; 05-03-2014 at 06:03 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

That is the issue. Credits being used to buy these boxes.

Ascendant

well technically only greater essences, trinkets and runes are BIS. WL itself isn't BIS compared to myrm but it can be upgraded with marks that cannot be bought with credits.

It's just a trick ;)
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Shadowlander

EDIT>woops misred.

Please remove if you can.
    Last edited by A Nihilist; 05-03-2014 at 08:53 AM.
    Micron@Zaviel - Warrior <Last Dawn>
    Nerfvoidbolt@Zaviel- Mage <Excellence>

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by irkiz View Post
    I think people are missing the core point of this complaint. They aren't complaining that there is no method to get those lockboxes through in-game methods. What they are complaining about is that since those lockboxes contain BiS pvp gear, it should not be purchasable using credits at all. It should only be purchasable using in-game methods.
    I think the main complaint is adding BIS gear in a lockbox. Lockboxes were supposed to be an optional content but right now it's the mandatory way to get certain BIS gear for pvp.

I wonder how the pve community will react if lockboxes were the only source of BIS gear.

I for one am glad I have something to spend my Warlord marks on. I hate having useless currency. Which my myrmidon marks currently are. I'd like to see the lock boxes purchasable with Myrmidon marks at reduced rate correlating to the ratio difference they are earned. As to whether or not they should include BiS gear is a diff story.
    Enforcer | Schwarzeneggar | Enforced <-- Myrmidon

Tempagon PvP Video

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    but it can be upgraded with marks that cannot be bought with credits.
    i'm going to stop you right here : you can buy myrm marks with credits.... budgie supply crate, just another rng box......
    when i look back at mmo players paying ridiculous amounts of $ on ebay to get shiny UO items , i thought they were fools (and they were) .... it turns out they were slightly smarter than the average rift gambler, at least they were getting what they paid for instead of a chance at getting what they paid for.
    The lastest marketing tricks just killed video game ethics.... outrageously priced DLC for content that should have been in the game in the first place, RNG boxes... what's next ?

i hope they don't start opening "F2P" restaurants any time soon i would probably starve to death or would end up paying 200$ for a burger (probably not even BIS)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by littlepoit View Post
    i'm going to stop you right here : you can buy myrm marks with credits.... budgie supply crate, just another rng box......
    when i look back at mmo players paying ridiculous amounts of $ on ebay to get shiny UO items , i thought they were fools (and they were) .... it turns out they were slightly smarter than the average rift gambler, at least they were getting what they paid for instead of a chance at getting what they paid for.
    The lastest marketing tricks just killed video game ethics.... outrageously priced DLC for content that should have been in the game in the first place, RNG boxes... what's next ?

i hope they don't start opening "F2P" restaurants any time soon i would probably starve to death or would end up paying 200$ for a burger (probably not even BIS)
    Yes this is p2w but there has already been large p2w issues with this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Yes this is p2w but there has already been large p2w issues with this game.
    What is the mental malfunction here? This game isn't even close to p2w. If you believe that this is p2w then you haven't played a real p2w game like Allods or something of that sort where the only gear enhancements are "runes" that increase all out going damage and resist all incoming. They cost real money to craft and require double the previous amount along with double the previous runes to get one of a higher level. i.e. a set of level 4s (3 offensive and 3 defensive) was about 100 bucks and tons of in game gold. A set of level 5s would take 2 complete sets of 4s and double the craft cost and so on and so forth. When you had people running around with 8s,9s, and a couple 10s thats p2w. Hell, guilds required 7s just to apply for a slot in a pvp or pve raid.

A couple stat points on an essence or a trinket is different than +%650% damage and so effing far from p2w it's not even funny AND you can buy those boxes with in game currency.

Quote Originally Posted by bleachx View Post
    What is the mental malfunction here? This game isn't even close to p2w. If you believe that this is p2w then you haven't played a real p2w game like Allods or something of that sort where the only gear enhancements are "runes" that increase all out going damage and resist all incoming. They cost real money to craft and require double the previous amount along with double the previous runes to get one of a higher level. i.e. a set of level 4s (3 offensive and 3 defensive) was about 100 bucks and tons of in game gold. A set of level 5s would take 2 complete sets of 4s and double the craft cost and so on and so forth. When you had people running around with 8s,9s, and a couple 10s thats p2w. Hell, guilds required 7s just to apply for a slot in a pvp or pve raid.

A couple stat points on an essence or a trinket is different than +%650% damage and so effing far from p2w it's not even funny AND you can buy those boxes with in game currency.
    So what your saying is ignore what they promised and think how bad it could be ie. We may be against murder in this country but a serial killer here and there is okay because in this other country there is genocide going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tohrid View Post
    So what your saying is ignore what they promised and think how bad it could be ie. We may be against murder in this country but a serial killer here and there is okay because in this other country there is genocide going on.
    Did you really just compare mmo's to genocide irl? That's taking it way to seriously. In fact if it's that serious to you get a job and spend a few hundred on crates. You will see it didn't change your kills in a warfront not one damn bit but if you have to make the comparison it's like genocide vs giving someone a wedgie.

Quote Originally Posted by bleachx View Post
    Did you really just compare mmo's to genocide irl? That's taking it way to seriously. In fact if it's that serious to you get a job and spend a few hundred on crates. You will see it didn't change your kills in a warfront not one damn bit but if you have to make the comparison it's like genocide vs giving someone a wedgie.
    It's the principle in which the argument is based upon. Some people seem to have no education nor principles. Congrats on not understanding.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast