+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Depleted Supply Crates and BiS items

unfortunatly there is no long term policies or military doctrines here, just marketing PR. what is said today can be reverted tomorrow ..... Daglar never said they wouldn't change their mind at some point in his original reply, i guess the line is drawn but can be erased and redrawned.

if you go back 2010 trion's offical position would be :"F2P is terrible and detrimental to to the game on the long term, it is more about making easy money and less about creating original content , we will never go there "

don't get me wrong i still blame daglar or whoever is responsible for the latest terrible p2w changes but accusing him of being a liar is naive at best.
    Last edited by littlepoit; 05-05-2014 at 05:08 PM.

I read on an old thread that Daglar literally called PvPers roaches. Would appreciate a response to clarify the validity of this quote.
    Last edited by Moirg; 05-05-2014 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    the BIS chests are not much different than what us PVE'ers do on a weekly basis. We gather 10-20 of our guildies and go through all these different raid instances killing these bosses. These bosses may or may not drop our BIS piece. Sometimes our BIS pieces are bought with the tokens we earn going through the raid instances.
    While this is partially true, you're forgetting one thing that used to seperate PvP from PvE in Rift and made it work: PvP was always a grind. The gear and weapons you wanted required a lot of time and effort in PvP but at least you had a clear goal in sight and could plan your next item on your wishlist. Thanks to the RNG lockboxes containing BiS gear found both on the store and in the CQ chest, the grind is no longer there and turned into the lottery that has been present in PvE. You no longer have a clear goal in sight that rewards you for your constant grinding and effort, but instead pray that you finally get lucky that one try. This, in my opinion, is a real shame and has severly ruined the reward system of PvP.
    Last Dawn @ Zaviel
    Shifthappens - 50 Cleric || Omfgkittens - 60 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by littlepoit View Post
    unfortunatly there is no long term policies or military doctrines here, just marketing PR. what is said today can be reverted tomorrow ..... Daglar never said they wouldn't change their mind at some point in his original reply, i guess the line is drawn but can be erased and redrawned.

if you go back 2010 trion's offical position would be :"F2P is terrible and detrimental to to the game on the long term, it is more about making easy money and less about creating original content , we will never go there "

don't get me wrong i still blame daglar or whoever is responsible for the latest terrible p2w changes but accusing him of being a liar is naive at best.
    Nope. He went against his word so he lied.

Regarding the F2P thing, it wasn't lying. "Trion" didn't say they wouldn't go F2P. Hartsman said it. It would be inaccurate to generalise what someone said as the stand of an entire company. Since Daglar took over Hartsman, it's not exactly lying.

However, Daglar said he wouldn't make top tier items purchasable with credits. However, it isn't the case anymore.

A: Someone says he won't do Action X

B: He then does Action X

Conclusion: That person went against his words.
    i.e. He lied. Nothing naive about it.

Calling him a compulsive liar would be naive since he doesn't always lie. But since he lied in this case, he is indeed a liar. Just not a compulsive one.
    Last edited by irkiz; 05-05-2014 at 07:18 PM.
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

it looks like you are seing lies where it suits you. hartsman is endorsing everything being done here or even making the calls. as for myself all i see is trion as a whole making decisions here .....

at best he company lied to you but daglar is just a pawn.
    Last edited by littlepoit; 05-05-2014 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moirg View Post
    Oh but trion doesn't want to piss off their precious PvE'rs now do they?
    wait, what?

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...appointed.html
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...tate-game.html

Daglar treated the raid community with the same contempt that he treats the PvP community, which is part of why the raiding community has shrunk at about the same rate that the PvP community has. The "if you don't like it you can leave" line isn't one he reserves for PvPers.

PvE players have, in fact, already been subjected to "the best loot comes from random boxes you can buy with credits" scenarios with lesser essences from boxes which could be bought with world event currency or... you guessed it! Credits. The difference is a matter of scale -- it was 1 slot in your source machine, whereas these lockboxes are many slots of gear. They shrugged off the complaints about that, too.

Not to mention what they pulled with capes and greater essences, creating plat grinds that are extreme to encourage people to just sell credits for it. Not unlike what they did with Myrmidon relics: "here's some new gear, a full set of which will cost you 40% of the total favour you've earned in 3 years and by the way we're having a sale on favour boosts!"

Quote Originally Posted by littlepoit View Post
    at best he company lied to you but daglar is just a pawn.
    A pawn who is the chief representative of this game with significant influence on its course and everyday decisions.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 05-05-2014 at 08:38 PM.

when it comes to monetization he is just a pawn, there are finance people , marketing people (including the infamous monetizaion/f2p team) a ceo in charge and a board of shareholders driven by business reports making decisions. if they want p2w to get more money he has to deliver by designing that. p2w is p2w , no good way to do it.
    Last edited by littlepoit; 05-05-2014 at 08:45 PM.

actually there are good and bad ways of doing p2w, it's a matter of degrees... the day they implement +10% damage boosts is probably the day i quit

Quote Originally Posted by Moirg View Post
    I read on an old thread that Daglar literally called PvPers roaches. Would appreciate a response to clarify the validity of this quote.
    I have heard...he has said worse in chat with the raiders...
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    wait, what?

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...appointed.html
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...tate-game.html

Daglar treated the raid community with the same contempt that he treats the PvP community, which is part of why the raiding community has shrunk at about the same rate that the PvP community has. The "if you don't like it you can leave" line isn't one he reserves for PvPers.

PvE players have, in fact, already been subjected to "the best loot comes from random boxes you can buy with credits" scenarios with lesser essences from boxes which could be bought with world event currency or... you guessed it! Credits. The difference is a matter of scale -- it was 1 slot in your source machine, whereas these lockboxes are many slots of gear. They shrugged off the complaints about that, too.

Not to mention what they pulled with capes and greater essences, creating plat grinds that are extreme to encourage people to just sell credits for it. Not unlike what they did with Myrmidon relics: "here's some new gear, a full set of which will cost you 40% of the total favour you've earned in 3 years and by the way we're having a sale on favour boosts!"

A pawn who is the chief representative of this game with significant influence on its course and everyday decisions.
    Question is...does the higher ups know? If so, do they care or is everyone still trying to express hope, that logic with find the illogical? Rift in and of itself is a strong game, it is being severely held back to what it could be...hope is powerful, it keeps ppl hanging on. This is not just a rift thing...it is a trion company name thing.
    Last edited by Lords0fpain; 05-06-2014 at 05:43 AM.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3