+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogues in pvp

Default Rogues in pvp

A ranger named tootie just doubled my in damage and db's.....he had over 2 mil damage and 42 db's in a Karthan. He did all of this at range?? Nerf immediately.

Plane Walker

I think Tooti is running around with a pocket healer lately. Sure he was ranger? If the ranged DPS was from Marksman, then they are very adept at stealing KBs and have no downtime in target switches. If ranger than they just got tweaked so I expect a slight nerf soon.
    Last edited by Malidrag; 05-01-2014 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malidrag View Post
    If ranger than they just got tweaked so I expect a slight nerf soon.
    lol an 8% dps increase for ranger in pvp is not cause for a nerf, due to the effectiveness of barbed shot and more mobility/range mm always had the potential to out damage ranger when their target was moving before the buff

ranger in pvp doesn't do any more damage than inq does and viable pvp specs will take a dps hit if you want more mobility and more than 30m range.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    lol an 8% dps increase for ranger in pvp is not cause for a nerf
    I was talking about their DPS in PvE would cause a slight nerf. But I don't know for sure because I haven't raided in a week. Rangers seemed pretty high after the buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Malidrag View Post
    I was talking about their DPS in PvE would cause a slight nerf. But I don't know for sure because I haven't raided in a week. Rangers seemed pretty high after the buffs.
    well they're equal with other ranged specs now, which is where they should be. they were well below before which didn't make any sense, and their best parsing spec is still stuck at 30m range instead of 35m like temp/inq.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Plane Touched

In a warfront setting, no ranger could out damage my warlord (they couldn't out damage my paragon either), assuming both teams have an equal number of decent healers. This is coming from someone who has a rank 90 rogue and warrior (and mage). WL is definitely the most faceroll spec in the game, but I don't think it's broken. However, I would like thick of battle to no longer have 15% damage reudction from ranged attacks. I'd like my ranger to be able to kill a WL that can't position properly (which is just about all of them). WL's are tanky enough as it is and they already take 20% more healing taken. I don't think they need the extra 15% reduction on top of all that from thick of battle.

Anyway, WL > Ranger in warfronts, by a lot.

So in short, you don't know how to warlord if you're losing to a ranger.
    Last edited by Slowburn; 05-01-2014 at 11:46 AM.
    Nerfshot/Slowshot/Noobshot

KB's don't mean that much when its a grab fest for the KB (ie. more than 3+ people pelting at a target). But if anything, Rogue ranged is king of getting KB's. Just very front end damage loaded style, mixed with instant casting, by nature I always get more KB's just when I play ranged over melee. Has nothing to do with if the spec is better than another, just gets that result due to how it works. Ie. a MM or Ranger will probably get way more KB's than a Sin, but a Sin can do much more hurt and brutality.

Also, Ranged is good at topping damage if only in the sense that they suffer little disconnect. Just a few seconds of disconnect start to drop you. But if your intended damage scheme is full on ranged, it is much easier to never stop being able to do damage. IMO, it's not really impressive if you do more damage than some brutal melee who can't execute their job because nobody keeps them alive, or something. If you want to win a parse race, never miss a beat. WF's are far from parse races. It is just a number and it can be biased/loaded in so many ways. Also the logistics of obtaining the number is what I went through, there is nothing concrete in meaning about these numbers you speak of seeing.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread