+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By Caeus
  • 3 Post By Violacea
  • 3 Post By spaceboots
  • 4 Post By Baramos

Thread: Is there some better way to handle Warfront abandonment?

Champion of Telara

Default Is there some better way to handle Warfront abandonment?

I understand why we need something to discourage leaving Warfronts, otherwise every rogue@seastone would leave within the first 30s of a Warfront where they feel like the match isn't overwhelmingly in their favor.

But disconnects and crashes do happen, as do day after Taco Bell bubble guts. It is really annoying to be hit with an Ascended Disgrace cooldown while you have expensive consumables running out.

I realize this is an MMO in the age of everyone gets a trophy for playing, so people will find a way to exploit any system, but isn't there a method to enforce this that is less punitive to people with bad luck?

How about locking people into Warfronts until they end and automatically teleporting them to the center of the zone or something after 30 seconds in spawn. I am sure there are better ideas out there.

Shadowlander

i don't know if this is an exploit but I use soul recall to leave a warfront during an emergency like next day taco bell bubbles. Leaving a warfront using soul recall will not give you a debuff like your talking.

cag@seastone
    Last edited by pagink; 05-01-2014 at 11:19 AM.

Plane Walker

Soul Recall rocks. It has saved me countless hours with bad pugs.

Plane Walker

If I get Ascended Disgrace by accident, then I do one of the following...
    1. PvP Dailies
    2. Tag CQ
    3. Check AH
    4. Watch 10 minutes of Dark Knight Rises on HBO for the 3,000th time.
    Last edited by Malidrag; 05-01-2014 at 11:26 AM.

If only you could pause consumables.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I had food poisoning a couple weeks ago, and was doing warfronts before I really knew what was going on. During a match in Codex, I had to run and go hork the demons out in the bathroom. Came back and I was in TB with the debuff while I had vials going. Upset and ill at the same time is no fun.

Best days of pugging were when I could recall out with random dimension without penalty.

Hork the demons , lol

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Best days of pugging were when I could recall out with random dimension without penalty.
    Back when I was a kid we could type /quit and get no penalty.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    And then someone *cough* had to report it and ruin it for everyone.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Rift Master

I've been having very terrible lag type issues since last week's patch. It now takes roughly 45s to enter a new zone or instance, along with other similar problems. A few days ago, I randomly disconnected while entering a warfront, and when I got back in the game, I was stuck with the undeserved debuff. It seems there should be a way to prevent this from happening.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Taledra View Post
    I've been having very terrible lag type issues since last week's patch. It now takes roughly 45s to enter a new zone or instance, along with other similar problems. A few days ago, I randomly disconnected while entering a warfront, and when I got back in the game, I was stuck with the undeserved debuff. It seems there should be a way to prevent this from happening.
    Yes there is a way, if they support the European gamers with a REAL server just like they do the Americans.

Merge the UK and Ger/French shards together and you will see the hamsters die, while the Americans can all play large scale conquest without any issues at all serverside.

Why do we get treated so differently? Is it becouse you don't learn that Europe exist in your Geography lessions at school, and America is the whole world?

I dont know really, why don't someone fill me in here?
    Flukeyy
    <Deep And Dry>

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Snusdosan View Post
    Yes there is a way, if they support the European gamers with a REAL server just like they do the Americans.

Merge the UK and Ger/French shards together and you will see the hamsters die, while the Americans can all play large scale conquest without any issues at all serverside.

Why do we get treated so differently? Is it becouse you don't learn that Europe exist in your Geography lessions at school, and America is the whole world?

I dont know really, why don't someone fill me in here?
    Why bother , Yurop is so small and nobody cares.

http://interculturalmeanderings.file...-america-2.png

+ Reply to Thread