+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Daglar, please give back Wild Abandon to chloromancers.

Plane Walker

Default Daglar, please give back Wild Abandon to chloromancers.

http://www.riftspot.com/skill/1013338709/wild-abandon

Why was this even taken away from mages?

GIVE IT BACK! With all these flying-stunning-pulling-snaring meleetrains chloro
    needs some mobility.

chrolo needs help like really. please give them something more.

except reismmy. don't give him anything

We asked too many times already but no change.

I copy form my previous post:

And if we are at chloros please make self symbiosis available already. its really high on the chloro tree, hybrids cant gain advantage of it. its just one sentence: remove this: cannot affect the mage. Maybe reduce its cd to 30 sec.

Give a break free with few sec immunity to the chloro tree. It could be combined with living shell, that is high enough, not available to hybrids. Ability from above is fine as well.

Change essence conversion: restores 10% mana, consumes 5% health. Really when I restore mana its like another dps on me.

Natures Fury could get a dots effect, so maybe worth to cast it finally. Similar to vile spores and talented with natures corrosion as well and add stack to boon of life.

One spammable heal would be good as well, like healing flare or loathsome. Natural Healing is a weak heal anyway if we look at its long casting time. Not worth to cast at all, if there`s stuff to cleanse. Make it instant. XD

That's it. Chloros in a good spot.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Ascendant

Yeahhh put blight back in as well.

Rift Chaser

Chloro needs some pvp help, I 100% agree.

inb4 warriors tell you to L2kite 35M range pulls and cast those OP 2k natural healing spells all day.

Ascendant

Chloro is a raid healing soul which great dmg (compared to other healers) on top of that and lot's of utility. LE + WG anyone?

Buffing Chloro at this point is just stupid, it will make this soul even more mandatory for any bigger content.

Hint: If it was designed to support a raid groups it is supposed to be worse in small scale fights for obvious balance purposes.

If there's a healing soul which may need some buff in pvp it's warden which doesnt have as much utility as Chloro.

Im against immunity abilities in general, it would be more balanced it if was something that reduces the duration of "X" debuffs by "X" % for "X" seconds which some kind of drawback in other area for balance purposes.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post

Buffing Chloro at this point is just stupid, it will make this soul even more mandatory for any bigger content.
    Ofcourse all rogues and warrs are against it. How dare they run away when I chain pull-charge-stun those pesky OP mages! Mages must facetank like real men!
    Last edited by Drakedog; 05-01-2014 at 06:31 AM.

Chloro is a raid healing soul which great dmg (compared to other healers) on top of that and lot's of utility. LE + WG anyone?

Hint: If it was designed to support a raid groups it is supposed to be worse in small scale fights for obvious balance purposes.

If there's a healing soul which may need some buff in pvp it's warden which doesnt have as much utility as Chloro.

Im against immunity abilities in general, it would be more balanced it if was something that reduces the duration of "X" debuffs by "X" % for "X" seconds which some kind of drawback in other area for balance purposes.
    Reading is hard.
    3 out of 5 my suggestions doesn't affect pve at all. Can we have them?

We ask only better defensive abilities, not higher heal or damage or better utility. Better? Defensive ability at all. Since we have only essence surge on 1 min cd, and that's it.

Clerics have 3 other healing soul above warden.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog View Post
    Ofcourse all rogues and warrs are against it. How dare they run away when I chain pull-charge-stun those pesky OP mages! Mages must facetank like real men!
    Sorry, but you are just biased. Instead of complained I explained why I disagree with such suggestion.

If you want Chloro to do better in small scale fights you have to make sure that:

- it doesnt make other small scale healers and support useless compared to new Chloro
    - it comes with a drawback reducing it's aoe healing and supporting abilities

so basically it would've to be some kind of toggle ability which is high in to the tree and on top of that have some debuff attached to it which prevents you from switching too often and being too versalite.

The problem is that from design point of view such soul would bring too much compared to others who focus mostly in one area. This is the reason why it wont happen. If you would like to have another mage soul which focus more on ST healing and small scale fights ask for a rework in proper section and it might be considered.

Chloro is already way too versalite spec and it needs to have some drawback as well. LE and WG itself help a lot in PvP. There's plenty of specs which get starved very fast. LE reduces this effect and Chloro is the only healing soul which can do that. You can also switch between ST and AoE healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodian View Post
    Reading is hard.
    3 out of 5 my suggestions doesn't affect pve at all. Can we have them?

We ask only better defensive abilities, not higher heal or damage or better utility. Better? Defensive ability at all. Since we have only essence surge on 1 min cd, and that's it.

Clerics have 3 other healing soul above warden.
    You have such options:

- 13 points in pyro = 30% less duration from CC
    - 14 points blink with a break free
    - 1 point in archon for armor debuff / buff

More to come with Tank soul in one week.
    Last edited by AlwaysHealNeverDie; 05-01-2014 at 07:03 AM.

You have such options:

- 13 points in pyro = 30% less duration from CC
    - 14 points blink with a break free
    - 1 point in archon for armor debuff / buff

More to come with Tank soul in one week.
    Which one is on the chloro tree? Ah, none. We ask CHLORO abilities lol.

CHLORO

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Brodian View Post
    Which one is on the chloro tree? Ah, none. We ask CHLORO abilities lol.

CHLORO
    It doesnt matter, you still have to take in to account hybridization potential. You have these options available within the bonus 15 points which still allow you to do 61 chloro.

You have yet to make a proper suggestion of tweaking chloro with a balance drawback and avoiding hybridization unbalance.

The key balance with attacking a cleric healer is that they usually cannot heal another person. If we could cast symbiosis on ourselves or synthesis, that balance is not maintained because we can ST heal ourselfs while still healing the raid. clerics have to target themselves and stop targetting others.

The balance is on redirected healing. The opponents know very well they may not kill the cleric, but its an opportunity cost generated on purpose...it implies others are not recieving heals generally and other team mates can exploit that if they recognize it.

To maintain that in chloros, I recommend the following:

Cooldown 1 (auto-healing emphasis, with redirected healing cost): Autosymbiosis: Casts a symbiotic healing effect on yourself, but prevents viel healing on other targets for the duration, also consumes charge for the duration. CD 1 minute.

Cooldown 2 (emergency CC based defence): Strengthened Vines: Self buff lasts 10 seconds, CD 2 minutes: causes withering vines cast within 10 seconds to root the opponent in place for 2 seconds, and slow their movement speed by 30% for the remaining duration. In addition, opponents that attack you with single target abilities will receive withering vines if its not already on the target.

Cooldown 3 (purely defensive, changed current ability) Living Shell: changed it to the following - applies a nonstacking shield of living energy that absorbs X health (small) once every 3 seconds, for 15 seconds. Each shield applied also returns 2% of your maximum mana. (this change allows you to still earn the same mana, but have the defense forcibly work for 15 seconds, but in itstead is a smaller shield each second...chloros had this ability in SL-beta btw, it was just able to be cast on other players, but was replaced with our cast time burst heal with following heal over time) CD remains the same.

Anyway I think those three CDs would go a long way. It aids purely in pvp and still adds redirected healing when you choose to focus healing on yourself as a counterbalancing measure. Also all three moves would be higher in the chloro tree, resulting in defenses for healing chloros, not additional defenses for hybrid chloros.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Ascendant

Chloros need way more help then that one crappy ability. Cant even keep myself alive with one dps on me, id rather play warden at this point.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    The key balance with attacking a cleric healer is that they usually cannot heal another person. If we could cast symbiosis on ourselves or synthesis, that balance is not maintained because we can ST heal ourselfs while still healing the raid. clerics have to target themselves and stop targetting others.

The balance is on redirected healing. The opponents know very well they may not kill the cleric, but its an opportunity cost generated on purpose...it implies others are not recieving heals generally and other team mates can exploit that if they recognize it.

To maintain that in chloros, I recommend the following:

Cooldown 1 (auto-healing emphasis, with redirected healing cost): Autosymbiosis: Casts a symbiotic healing effect on yourself, but prevents viel healing on other targets for the duration, also consumes charge for the duration. CD 1 minute.

Cooldown 2 (emergency CC based defence): Strengthened Vines: Self buff lasts 10 seconds, CD 2 minutes: causes withering vines cast within 10 seconds to root the opponent in place for 2 seconds, and slow their movement speed by 30% for the remaining duration. In addition, opponents that attack you with single target abilities will receive withering vines if its not already on the target.

Cooldown 3 (purely defensive, changed current ability) Living Shell: changed it to the following - applies a nonstacking shield of living energy that absorbs X health (small) once every 3 seconds, for 15 seconds. Each shield applied also returns 2% of your maximum mana. (this change allows you to still earn the same mana, but have the defense forcibly work for 15 seconds, but in itstead is a smaller shield each second...chloros had this ability in SL-beta btw, it was just able to be cast on other players, but was replaced with our cast time burst heal with following heal over time) CD remains the same.

Anyway I think those three CDs would go a long way. It aids purely in pvp and still adds redirected healing when you choose to focus healing on yourself as a counterbalancing measure. Also all three moves would be higher in the chloro tree, resulting in defenses for healing chloros, not additional defenses for hybrid chloros.

This is getting better but you are still missing important info.

Every spec fulfil some role in the game and when you want improve one you have to compare it to other specs which have similar role.

Certain roles are not suppose to do well in specific situations, that's for balance and viability of other souls. It's like saying that you made pure 61 Sin, went against CQ raid and die almost instantly without being able to survive nor do any real dmg. This however doesnt mean that Sin needs a buff because you cant do well in such situation, because the spec was not designed for such kind of situations.

so when you speak about Chloro viability you should compare it to other aoe healers (warden and soon liberator) and then take in to account healing potential, utility, CC and hybridizations potential etc.

Fik
    Rift Chaser

Reminds me of my old rant. I really miss reconstruct for my lock mage or a hybrid alternative to chloro builds. It was so helpful when I could los and snap a little heal. I did comment about wild abandon. I used that ability more then anything.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...vp-builds.html

All those abilities were what made hybrids work. I don't think Trion wants hybrids anymore.
    Last edited by Fik; 05-01-2014 at 08:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast