+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Souls and CQ Pre-mades with Class vs Class

Default New Souls and CQ Pre-mades with Class vs Class

This is for Crimsonsushi, Mageerza, and Rgi in particular (if I missed other CQ leaders, my deepest apologies). Since we have the new souls a week away, I would love to see CQ pre-mades class vs class with each said class having all 4 roles as needed?!

Mages vs. Warriors & Rogues vs. Clerics etc.

Live stream it, fraps it or whatever and lets see what happens!
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Meaghanne View Post
    This is for Crimsonsushi, Mageerza, and Rgi in particular (if I missed other CQ leaders, my deepest apologies). Since we have the new souls a week away, I would love to see CQ pre-mades class vs class with each said class having all 4 roles as needed?!

Mages vs. Warriors & Rogues vs. Clerics etc.

Live stream it, fraps it or whatever and lets see what happens!
    It wouldn't work

1. You need to have enough people to do it and I'm the only one out of the 3 mentioned that can do that

2. Clerics or rogues would win
    -warriors: tanks, very little aoe dps, warden like healer
    -mages: tanks, they do have Dom and sc, but a raid of chloros, there skills will overlap which I why I don't take more then 2 in my pms
    -rogues: tanks, good aoe and range dps (Sab, mm, tact), we have tact which could replace warden heals, and physician which is like a mix of sent and puri
    -clerics: tanks, cabs, defilers, wardens, sent, puri

While it sounds like fun, warriors and mages would stand no chance against rogues or clerics
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Shhhhh, logic is too strong...just try it.

Edit: Just try it to say its been done before.
    In my WoW days we tried some raids with all shadow priests just to say we tried it out.
    Last edited by Meaghanne; 05-01-2014 at 04:44 AM.
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

Or instead of doing it in a CQ, why not get a set number of people of one calling and have a PvP tournament in a Dimension. Could take place in between CQ's.

Ascendant

That's pointless. CQ isn't balanced around calling vs calling fights.

Liberator will have huge impact in CQ fights though. Unless there's some kind of debuff on Medical Facility which prevents you wont receiving the same effect for "X" seconds. I didn't test if it's purgeable, so there might be another counter to it, if it's not it will be pretty OP IF only one side have it.

For 6 seconds reduces dmg taken by 20% and increases healing received by 20%. If you have 3 of them you can outlast all the dps raid buffs and burst CD's which last 15 sec (mostly)

In situation where one group run at another group and one side have 18sec of so much healing and resist it will be pretty much one sided fight.

The best healing setup for CQ pvp will be 1 chloro , 1 warden or another chloro / liberator, 2 liberators at least, 1 defiler and 1 puri or physician / sentinel.

6 healers
    2 supports (oracle with aoe cleanse + purge) and archon or its hybrid
    3 warlords or it's hybrids for pulls and soaking the aoe in first line and at least 1 VK / BM hybrid
    1 tactician at least
    1 dom at least
    4 other aoe specs (cab / warlocks and tact/mm are best) Sab can be great but only IF ppl dont move out of aoe. You can try to bring some more Warlods instead, which will help soak aoe dmg but only if you have second raid with more dps specs, since WL's will get starved after some point and you wont have enough dps. BD could work too but it lack pulls and is a lot more squishy than WL.
    2 ranged ST dps with some utility (either Pyro, MM, Tempest or Inq, Ranger might work as well for aoe root and 5man interupt.)

The ranged ST are mostly for purging the buffs from enemy healers and interupting / stunning them. You wont outdps so many healers but if you can purge LE and stun / interupt them in right time it will have significant impact.

Warlods are pretty tanky and most aoe have limited amount of targets so it's good to set a group of ~8 that will stay in front and soak the dmg from aoe, unless there's enough place to split, but you have to be careful to not run too far away from your healers. Also if you spread your healers might get pick up easier by enemy dps. Warlods bring pulls and aoe dmg, so you can get important targets right in front of your aoe specs.
    Last edited by AlwaysHealNeverDie; 05-01-2014 at 06:11 AM.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

I've done 18 clerics on a few occasions. It works very well. I still wanted my bard buffs/debuffs and archon buffs and cleanses, but I'm sure 20 clerics would work fine. We will have to wait and see how the cards fall with the new souls, but in my eyes cleric will still stand the best chance to make a viable singe-class premade for CQ.

I think making themed premades is one of the more fun things about CQ; but employing them successfully comes after having a well thought out plan for encounters and objectives.

~Cheers

Assistant

I think it would be fun, but given equal skill, the Clerics would own it up. It would be fun either way though, win lose or draw
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    I think it would be fun, but given equal skill, the Clerics would own it up. It would be fun either way though, win lose or draw
    Indeed. It wouldn't be so much that (I hear rogues will be best of the other 3 callings healer wise) 1 calling has an amazing heal soul but that clerics can mix synergy for a more powerful healing force, imo.

Although before Shaman upgrades I would be more lenient towards Rogues. It's not like a slew of MM are going to hurt inqs with heals or focus healed shamans. If only a 20 man rogue team would take advantage of 5 - 10 hundred blades at once. Glad people think that spec sucks .
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    If only a 20 man rogue team would take advantage of 5 - 10 hundred blades at once. Glad people think that spec sucks .
    Tried this. Three matches in a row with a balanced setup and ten BDs. We had fun, but it was very hard to maintain due to range required to be effective and squishiness of the BDs. The problem lies with teams being much larger than the premades themselves. The BDs would get eaten by numbers trying to get in and take out significant numbers of the opposite team. Due to disconnects, cc, and lag, it was not as effective as we would have hoped. It is very amusing when you sandwich other teams though, or when they engage you through a chokepoint!

~Cheers

Assistant

+ Reply to Thread