+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Rogues are the most OP class in the GAME. NERF ROGUES.

Prophet of Telara

Default Rogues are the most OP class in the GAME. NERF ROGUES.

Ranger. 10 secs. of godmode every 1 min. Can hit me for 12k damage.
    SIn. passive snare, drains can spike me for half my life. Never dies because slip away.
    MM. Massive runspeed, tons of damage, can spec for multiple silences. Has a decoy that can be used to interrupt objectives. Lightning fast.
    RS.. this is the MOST BROKEN TANK SPEC IN PVP.. It CAN'T DIE EVER teleports far away even when LOS! BS..
    Bard.. can do INCREDIBLE HEALS FOR SUPPORT SPEC. Best support in the game even can be used to deal damage..Good damage when specc'ed right.
    NB..Incredilble burst.. feels like one shot. Incredible mobility. One of the best survival cds in TT. Can stun players in stealth..BS like this CAN win games because stop objective capping.LAME.
    Tact/bard incredible healing immune to interrupts..
    Sab/tactman..INCREDIBLE AOE and CC. JUST OP

Rogue is most OP class in the game... Nerf Rogue.
    Last edited by Planetx; 05-01-2014 at 01:55 AM.

You just listed what they do though. I don't see an argument for anything being OP. Nothing in this game is in heavy need of a nerf really. Nothing really OP status right now. What is OP though is having an enemy who performs a variety of the classic MMO roles properly against a team who somehow doesn't. I noted one day in a WF "Why does their HP bar go up and mine go down? That doesn't seems fair. I want one that goes up too"

That was after about the 3rd or 4th death. Then whoa, someone/multiple people decided to heal me and I felt a mixture of happiness and sadness. Happy because I was getting heals, sad because I was stuck in puny MM and incapable of doing envelope pushing damage, just decent MM damage.

http://i.imgur.com/gVuVCBN.jpg

It's easy to even make a horrible damage spec look good if you are healed. What you have is people thinking every class is OP because they got slammed by one on a team absent of or lacking healers who can perform. When you die to an AoE over and over in a raid, you boot the healer and get a real one. When you die over and over in a WF, you are just stuck in your new "Death Chamber" for a while. There is like a nerf thread for every class and a screenshot of every class beating out others in just simply damage often. It doesn't mean squat about really. You have another thread of someone posting warriors toppling everyone. So I'm just adding my banter here and a useless SS that I have a feeling you will feel supports your OP.

Death Chamber - Adj - name of a group that has heals but where nobody is healed. You are stuck in this group. Thus, you are in the Death Chamber.

Rift.
    Last edited by Violacea; 05-01-2014 at 02:15 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

MM runs too fast. Nerf them!

Damage wise everything except the stealth classes are relatively well tuned.

Survivability wise every soul is too durable by around 1/8th

Power also isn't really any issue on any of their souls, even nightblade which is supposedly power drained (but actually isnt)
    Last edited by V1rul3n7; 05-01-2014 at 04:40 AM.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

I don't think "has a decoy" is really a plus. Unless you're fighting someone one on one, decoy is the most derpiest thing ever in warfronts. There's no point even summoning him half the time and he's far too inefficient to use to interrupt objectives. A point would have been stolen in any of the domination matches and the sourcestone taken and the enemy gone in Karthan or Whitefall before decoy wakes up. Plus if you stun an enemy he'll just give up and stand there.
    Last edited by Laputa; 05-01-2014 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laputa View Post
    I don't think "has a decoy" is really a plus. Unless you're fighting someone one on one, decoy is the most derpiest thing ever in warfronts. There's no point even summoning him half the time and he's far too inefficient to use to interrupt objectives. A point would have been stolen in any of the domination matches and the sourcestone taken and the enemy gone in Karthan or Whitefall before decoy wakes up. Plus if you stun an enemy he'll just give up and stand there.
    Well decoy is handy, but only in a very very limited way. Tiny bit of damage from its swift shot and its role as yaknow, a decoy.

With marksman its more the durability because of the double leap back/root/runspeed. They can get a little too close to combat. I wouldnt say they are hanusly overtuned though, Perhaps a little on the durability or a little bit on damage. A mild decrease of both might work out.

Ranger is the new problem though, but I don't particularly mind so much, ranger has been particularly bad for a long time, its nice to see it being useful.

Granted its just been buffed so it will probably fall a bit more in line with everything else in time. There is one ability that is doing stupid amounts of damage in pvp though, not sure what it is.

Assassin still remains to be the most overpowered soul that rogue has, too much of everything in that soul. Ideally i would like to see them scale jagged strike down a little bit, remove the mitigation bonus from cloak and dagger and increase the damage on assassinate. The snare on debilitating poison absolutely has to go too.

I mean if you compare the poisons

Virulent poison : pure damage
    Lethal poison : two effects, damage + crit
    Enfeebling : Damage + mitigation
    Leeching : Damage + heal

then you go to debilitating (a poison lower in the tree than enfeebling)

Debilitating : Damage + Drain + Snare

Howcome all the other poisons only have two effects? Ah right, because they should never have added the snare in the first place.

Especially with leaping plunge and the option to go into BD for flash of steel. Aswell of course the option for marksman or sab for ranged DPS.

Then when you combine assassin and nightblade together you end up with a particularly lulwut spec.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

Just fix debilating poison imo. Remove the passive snare and leeching.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    Ranger. 10 secs. of godmode every 1 min. Can hit me for 12k damage.
    SIn. passive snare, drains can spike me for half my life. Never dies because slip away.
    MM. Massive runspeed, tons of damage, can spec for multiple silences. Has a decoy that can be used to interrupt objectives. Lightning fast.
    RS.. this is the MOST BROKEN TANK SPEC IN PVP.. It CAN'T DIE EVER teleports far away even when LOS! BS..
    Bard.. can do INCREDIBLE HEALS FOR SUPPORT SPEC. Best support in the game even can be used to deal damage..Good damage when specc'ed right.
    NB..Incredilble burst.. feels like one shot. Incredible mobility. One of the best survival cds in TT. Can stun players in stealth..BS like this CAN win games because stop objective capping.LAME.
    Tact/bard incredible healing immune to interrupts..
    Sab/tactman..INCREDIBLE AOE and CC. JUST OP

Rogue is most OP class in the game... Nerf Rogue.
    Don't believe slip away is even needed anymore. You would be lucky now to get 20 percent health from them before you are dead...unless you have a strong as self heal yourself.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Soulwalker

Default Make one then

If they are so overpowered then make one. Play all day every day till u get full myrmidon, and then let us all know how you do vs warriors. Let us know how you do 1v1 against fully geared players of any class for that matter.

Yes if you are not geared it will be hard to compete against anything. Gear up and play a viable spec in the forums and then judge.

The only problem with rogues are non-rogues. With physician coming up, why would anyone roll anything else?

If everyone played rogue, and everyone one battled as rogues in war fronts, we wouldn't be having these balance issues.

Everyone, would be speedy, great support, tanky, etc...

Get with it.

Let Elrar know you care @

https://twitter.com/GiantApproved

Champion of Telara

Rogues have to be overpowered in every MMO in order to appeal to the massive American '24 years old and still nursing' demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    Rogues have to be overpowered in every MMO in order to appeal to the massive American '24 years old and still nursing' demographic.
    I would disagree somewhat... more like I would add, for us old farts who something less complex but has the appeal for exciting skills and utility.

Did I had charisma? What can be more charming than a rascally bard?

;)

I would go on but g2g to rl work, some of the epic moments for rogues... building a runner for Whitefall, as most sought after build before the nerf.

Again in Whitefall, I accidentally discovered that stealth stone carry. Ninja'd a stone, was discovered by one enemy, I by reflex, stealthed away, while carrying. I didn't know until everyone started chatting about it. Tried it a few times and it worked... I did report it.

At launch, Sabs were beasts. One would find themselves blasted all over the map.

I would go on...

Rogue is an enjoyable build. Bottom line.

What they need to do, is put some more excitement in the other classes. Just sayin' ...

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by subrogue View Post
    If they are so overpowered then make one. Play all day every day till u get full myrmidon, and then let us all know how you do vs warriors. Let us know how you do 1v1 against fully geared players of any class for that matter.

Yes if you are not geared it will be hard to compete against anything. Gear up and play a viable spec in the forums and then judge.
    Have an r70 rogue, also a r70 warrior, and an r83 mage and r90 cleric.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Any decent MM any or class with a purge will take off their poisons. A MM can use 2 gcd and laugh as you remove 35%of the sins' dps and utility.
    Last edited by asianguywithacamera; 05-01-2014 at 06:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast