+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question abt Rogue PVP - NB/RS

Soulwalker

Default Question abt Rogue PVP - NB/RS

Hello everyone,

I am a R80ish rogue, w quite some interest in pvp! My usual PVP specs are 61Sin, 61MM and Virralriftpvp's NB/Sin.

I enjoy playing 61Sin because of the melee combat and high ST dmg, but one thing that I didn't like was the 'loneliness' of it. Having to stealth to cap enemy flags, guard vault etc - basically straying away from clashes. I want something that is more with the team in clashes (i.e. putting loadsa healer pressure) and it seems like NB/RS suits that.

For ppl who would just say 'use MM', yeah I like it's utility but I would prefer something melee, closer in combat (yeah sounds kinda warrior-ish :/). Also, I have trouble getting healers down w 61Sin, even with debilitating poison, poison malice, foul play etc. So I was thinking if NB's Touch of Darkness-Fell Blades would be better,

Hence, I would like to ask y'all about this NB/RS (nightstalker) build. I couldn't find anything recent in the forums about it, only really old posts. Is it still viable? or did some nerf made it no longer legit?

Thanks a lot for taking time to read and help!
    Last edited by Hippopotamus; 04-29-2014 at 09:52 PM.

Oin
    Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Hippopotamus View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am a R80ish rogue, w quite some interest in pvp! My usual PVP specs are 61Sin, 61MM and Virralriftpvp's NB/Sin.

I enjoy playing 61Sin because of the melee combat and high ST dmg, but one thing that I didn't like was the 'loneliness' of it. Having to stealth to cap enemy flags, guard vault etc - basically straying away from clashes. I want something that is more with the team in clashes (i.e. putting loadsa healer pressure) and it seems like NB/RS suits that.

For ppl who would just say 'use MM', yeah I like it's utility but I would prefer something melee, closer in combat (yeah sounds kinda warrior-ish :/). Also, I have trouble getting healers down w 61Sin, even with debilitating poison, poison malice, foul play etc. So I was thinking if NB's Touch of Darkness-Fell Blades would be better,

Hence, I would like to ask y'all about this NB/RS (nightstalker) build. I couldn't find anything recent in the forums about it, only really old posts. Is it still viable? or did some nerf made it no longer legit?

Thanks a lot for taking time to read and help!
    36 points rs - !Constatnt Deviation! Causes the rogue to deal 25% more damage but take 25% more damage
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL do not make me laugh Trion

new rs soul

just go 61 NB. It might even be buffed soon too.

Ascendant

NB/RS is rather a duel spec it doesnt have enough burst to bring down healers or deal with lot's of healing.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Basically pick any of the 3 melee souls and you are set to cause destruction. I wouldn't go BD without adequate AoE targets and solid heals. I would also use sin in more dangerous situations than a NB if the situation allowed me to (like having heals). Just my preferences though. You can force them in almost any situation and do something decent as long as your team has not turned into useless fodder.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

you don't have to stray from the team no matter what you play

It sounds like you would've been better off with a warlord build jk

If you want to melee and still be with the rest of the team, just go with a NB build. Use your burst ability to take our the healers.

Soulwalker

thanks guys! yeah I kinda like the 61NB build I tried. Better pressure against healers than my 61Sin (idk if i played it wrongly). But Living Flame + Touch of Darkness is indeed a beast!

+ Reply to Thread